Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall 1st December tickets (20/11 - 415 left)

Comments

• Options
    can we stop calling them wall yet? it's grating on me
  • Options

The little pub next to Sidcup Station (before it was called the Metro Bar) used to be full of 'wall. And Jamie Stuart.

Was that the Iron Horse?
    Think it was Hastings, yes.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Sorry Mr B.
  • Options

The little pub next to Sidcup Station (before it was called the Metro Bar) used to be full of 'wall. And Jamie Stuart.

I used to drink in there most Fridays off of the train and Sundays after football if I wasn't it The Woodman, full of bugle yes, Millwall, no.
  • Options

Was that the Iron Horse?
    Think it was Hastings, yes.
    Back in the 1980's I used to drink in Sidcup quite a bit, an old mate of mine lived there....he must have been the only QPR fan in Sidcup.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    Every pub, Sports Ground, bar from Charlton Village upwards, to Well Hall, to Eltham, to New Eltham, to bexleyheath, to Sidcup, is full with Millwall.
    Charlton being the worst, its full of them, always has since 8os onwards.

Most of my mates are Millwall fans but probably less than 5% ever go.

Its a fashion statement for most.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Plaaayer said:

I used to drink in there most Fridays off of the train and Sundays after football if I wasn't it The Woodman, full of bugle yes, Millwall, no.
    Bound to be plenty of bugle with Jamie Stuart around......

Must have been just plastics then Plaaayer as they were always spouting off in there.
  • Options

i can confirm Eltham has had walls for many many years however the turds that follow some team from east London have only stunk the place up for the last two decades.

Many years ago, one of my good friends was working undercover for the Met on football violence stuff and he had to observe the 'Top Boys' from Millwall. They used to meet in the Bankers Draft in Eltham High Street to make plans.
    Surely the Chequers/Draughts or White Hart would have been more appropriate.
    When the White Hart was the best pub in Eltham it was always a Charlton stronghold. Gradually the clientele changed and there were notably more 'Wall'.
    Strangely the pub went in to a sharp decline and shut down.
    Not related obviously.

• Options
    You're right Brendan, plenty of people just enjoy being associated with Millwall despite the fact they've never set foot inside the ground.

I know a bloke that has got a big Millwall tattoo, lives in Welling but has probably been to The Den 5 or 6 times. Quite pathetic really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i can confirm Eltham has had walls for many many years however the turds that follow some team from east London have only stunk the place up for the last two decades.

Many years ago, one of my good friends was working undercover for the Met on football violence stuff and he had to observe the 'Top Boys' from Millwall. They used to meet in the Bankers Draft in Eltham High Street to make plans.
    If he got his information from those in the Bankers then no wonder Millwall have got away with stuff for years.

• Options

Every pub, Sports Ground, bar from Charlton Village upwards, to Well Hall, to Eltham, to New Eltham, to bexleyheath, to Sidcup, is full with Millwall.

If every person that is Millwall went we'd be selling 40k tickets every week.

Like it or not, people can support a club without going every week, doesn't mean they've just plucked Millwall out of thin air to look hard in the school playground.

Are you telling me that all your friends just decided one day to be Millwall after being brought up supporting someone else just to be fashionable!!? Or did their parents, etc support Millwall & they had kits as kids etc?

I know plenty of Charlton who don't go. Did they support you to be fashionable? Or because it's their family/local team?

• Options
    This will be 2 of my mates first home they are going to. Just shows their support really.
  • Options

Definately need to get a "LIKE" button on here....that's good.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

You're right Brendan, plenty of people just enjoy being associated with Millwall despite the fact they've never set foot inside the ground.

I know a bloke that has got a big Millwall tattoo, lives in Welling but has probably been to The Den 5 or 6 times. Quite pathetic really.

Lad who works behind the bar in our local is Millwall.....there more popular then Man Utd 'you know'.....and so is his mother....propper South London.
  • Options

Was that the Iron Horse?
    It was the Iron Horse drank in there most nights during the 80s and 90s there was more millwall,a few who were 'bushwakers'and a couple of there top boys,some west ham about a dozen also drank in there and then there was us charlton lads we all got on and there was a mutual respect amongst all on the juke box was the red red robin and millwalls let em come song,but no bubbles,was a great place to drink but when it went off boy did it go off
  • Options
    I think it's time SLL admitted he prefers our company to that of `proper wall', he spends rather a lot of time with us.
  • Options

Like it or not, people can support a club without going every week, doesn't mean they've just plucked Millwall out of thin air to look hard in the school playground.

Are you telling me that all your friends just decided one day to be Millwall after being brought up supporting someone else just to be fashionable!!? Or did their parents, etc support Millwall & they had kits as kids etc?

I know plenty of Charlton who don't go. Did they support you to be fashionable? Or because it's their family/local team?

And if everybody who supported Charlton went every week wed be gewtting 16'000, our 27'000s in the Premiership werent Charlton Fans, even now, if we get over 20'000, its madeup of West Ham, Millwall, as mates go with mates.

Its not a dig mate, it all stems ffrom the Hurlock, Briley, Sheringham Era, (and when we left the Valley) It was Fashionable to support Millwall, Eaglesfield (Top of Shooters Hill) Every fcker was Millwall, did they go, no, did they like to shout Miiillllwwaallll in their lunch breaks and chase others around, yes, did they know who scored the weekend, no, did they know it ckicked off with Villa, yes?
    Its this generation its stems from, like I say, its not a dig, but if their kids and their kids kids grow up around the millwall thing they will be the best supported club in South east London and Kent.............behind West Ham :)

• Options
    I went to primary school in Eltham at the time of Hurlock etc and not a soul bar me was Millwall! So certainly not that fashionable for very impressionable youngsters.
  • Options

I went to primary school in Eltham at the time of Hurlock etc and not a soul bar me was Millwall! So certainly not that fashionable for very impressionable youngsters.

Aw, group hug for SLL ! Billy no Mates !

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I went to school in Bexleyheath (1989-94) and there were plenty of Millwall in my school.

There were more Liverpool and Man Utd "fans" though.

• Options
    I went to school in Walworth in the nineties and they were all bloody Arsenal.
    I live in Bermondsey. When they were in the Playoff final I saw a few Millwall flags out, but before and since there hasn't been a single shirt/scarf or shout of Millll that I've noticed.
    I'm pretty sure the bulk of their support comes from the same place as ours.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

I live in Bermondsey. When they were in the Playoff final I saw a few Millwall flags out, but before and since there hasn't been a single shirt/scarf or shout of Millll that I've noticed.

How does a Walworth/Bermondsey boy see the light and end up supporting the Addicks?

• Options

Aw, group hug for SLL ! Billy no Mates !

but he don't care if no one likes him.
  • Options

EastStand said:

How does a Walworth/Bermondsey boy see the light and end up supporting the Addicks?

I'm a girl for one!
    My dad used to take me to Millwall when I was little (as our local club) but soon grew disinterested and stuck to watch his boyhood club Liverpool on the telly.
    When I got older I wanted to start going to matches again, but didn't support any one team. So a Charlton supporting friend took me to The Valley. I fell in love and the rest is history!
  • Options
    Leave it @Shag
  • Options
    I'm sitting in the east stand on saturday , whereabouts are you ?
  • Options
    I thought most of Millwalls support came from Belmarsh?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Difference being in Welling/Eltham and them areas is the Millwall feel the need to shout about it constantly, like Eltham during the riots... Plenty of Charlton, Millwall and locals about yet they can't keep quiet with the singing etc.

Same as the St Georges's Day's in Bexley with them turning it in to a football thing.
  • Options

I know a guy, nice enough guy. Got some issues shall we say.

Always been an Arsenal fan. His parents are foreign so no family connections to any club.

Anyway, over the last 10 years (he's in his 30's) he starts trying to be a 'geezer'. Start talking with a wide boy cockney type accent. Starts bowling about and talks a load of sh*t about fighting.

So about 2 years ago, starts telling everyone he's "Millwall". He's always been Millwall apparently despite him hating them when he was younger.

Now he is a moron who should know better at his age, but there are a shed load of idiots like him all over SE London.

No he's never been to a game either.