Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    Thought Example did alright. Can't be easy bein viewed as a warm up act. Chase & Status far too heavy and stop start for my liking.
  • Options
    As Frankie Boyle said last night

"Example was placed in pop music by the Illuminati to showcase all that is worst in humanity. His name is a reference to this"
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

As are all DGS alumni.

Just Mick Jagger I think, Keith Richards was Dartford High.
    Sorry, was in response to Jagger is ledge comment as I went to DGS.
    Ah, I see! I'd like to agree as I am too, but I went to school with some arseholes!!
  • Options
    I hope Haim are on somewhere today , I found that their four appearances on the BBC coverage yesterday just wasn't quite enough.
  • Options
    Rolling Stones looked quality last night. Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood especially.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

"Example was placed in pop music by the Illuminati to showcase all that is worst in humanity. His name is a reference to this"

Yeah but Frankie Boyles a trampy ginger cock. Mess of a man.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

As are all DGS alumni.

Just Mick Jagger I think, Keith Richards was Dartford High.
    Jagger was DGS, Keith Richards was at Dartford Tech as it was then: which is now Wilmington Grammar. They originally knew each other (but not very well) at Maypole primary school in Dartford.
    The other members were from other parts of London, except Brian Jones, who was from West Country I think.
    Wonder if there will be some sort of tribute to him at Hyde Park next week?

• Options
    buckshee said:

I hope Haim are on somewhere today , I found that their four appearances on the BBC coverage yesterday just wasn't quite enough.

Why are they being toted around all over the BBC they are the definition of mediocre.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    buckshee said:

Haim were on BBC3 yesterday (Saturday) 7-8pm. I saw them today on catch up.

They are also "0n" with Primal Scream on the 8-9 pm slot & were interviewed afterwards.
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

buckshee said:

Why are they being toted around all over the BBC they are the definition of mediocre.
    BBC chose them as the "sound of 2013" so they will show them at every possible opportunity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone see The Strypes on the 8-9pm BBC3 slot yesterday. Irish band of 15 year olds. I thought they were bloody amazing for that age. Superb guitar playing & the front man was pretty cool. I would never have guessed they were 15.
  • Options

buckshee said:

Yeah but Frankie Boyles a trampy ginger cock. Mess of a man.
    and Example is a pile of utter dig shit but hey ho
  • Options

Did anyone see The Strypes on the 8-9pm BBC3 slot yesterday. Irish band of 15 year olds. I thought they were bloody amazing for that age. Superb guitar playing & the front man was pretty cool. I would never have guessed they were 15.

Fair enough they were 15, didn't realise that.

Looked to me like they were trying too hard to be like the indie bands they grew up listening to (The Strokes in particular).
  • Options

Chris Difford is involved with them somehow , on a managing level I think.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Chris Difford is involved with them somehow , on a managing level I think.
    Really ? I lived next door but one to Chris for about 10 years as a kid.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    He is indeed. The lads are all from Cavan and play some amazing stuff for a bunch of 16/17 year olds. They're also signed to Elton John's label and have Chris Thomas producing their album and played with Weller at the recent Record Day...some very influential supporters. Great that this generation is listening to and playing some old blues, rock and then adding their own slant on it.
  • Options
    Baffling that Mumford and Sons are headlining tonight, so overrated. XX on the other stage should be great though.
  • Options
    You want to see/hear good music by good writer/singer and musicians?
    Watch BBC3 in the 9-10 PM slot.....................Lianne La Havas.
  • Options
    Of Monsters and Men are quality too at about 5:30 on the other stage.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just watching Kenny Rogers in the Legends slot. Not my usual cup of tea, but songs I know from my parents as I grew up and can't knock the guy. He's certainly entertaining an audience of all ages and good banter too :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep same here Tel having a good old sing song in me frontroom
  • Options
    Lol...not sure what my neighbours are making of this. A little different to what they normally hear, but singing along & enjoying the chat. Top man!
  • Options
    Now onto Tom Odell, who I'm seeing in Hyde Park in a couple of weeks...can't wait :)
  • Options
    Charlton flag at vampire weekend gig
  • Options
    Daggs said:

You want to see/hear good music by good writer/singer and musicians?
    Watch BBC3 in the 9-10 PM slot.....................Lianne La Havas.

Good shout
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Charlton flag at vampire weekend gig

Wa-ooooah. Confirmed for fucking massive club.
  • Options
    ...and the flag is back for mumford and sons ...good stuff
  • Options
    A Charlton fan at Mumford and sons?

#straightred
  • Options
    Ha, nice one Dane, I'm surprised the flag has survived three days !
  • Options
    Was watching the Public Enemy gig so missed the flag! Again!