Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options
    RedPanda said:

I have literally no desire to go.

Fair enough. But don't judge Glastonbury solely by the music acts shown on the BBC footage.

There's so much more at Glastonbury than that, as anybody who has actually been will tell you.
    It really is a world within a world - and the non-mainstream stuff is where you'll find yourself.

Headline bands are only a small part of it. That's why it calls itself, "Glastonbury Festival Of Contemporary Performing Arts".

• Options
    I gather you've been a few times Oggy, but have you ever bought a ticket? ;-)
  • Options
    Nick Cave - wtf ?
  • Options
    I've been to Glastonbury 9 times since 1998 and apart from the first time I don't think I've looked at the line up until I've been on site. The joy of arriving early Wednesday morning having taken down up to 9 tents on the train for my mates to then sit there all day reading the line up waiting for them to turn up. Then I've never ended up seeing everyone id planned to anyway.

Best value holiday ever.

Had good weather and bad weather but always had the laughs. Sunburn and been soaked through. All in one day one year.

An amazing positive experience for anyone and everyone.
  • Options
    My son has been in Denmark since Saturday for the Roskilde festival, doesn't even start till tomorrow but he says he's had the time of his life already. Crazy young people!
  • Options
    Part of me still sees Glastonbury as the feckless bastard offspring of the Bath Festival of Blues & Progressive Music.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My nephew and his pal went, they swerved The Stones and watched something called Example because that gig was 'less busy'!
    Oh you crazy young people!
    Brilliant!
  • Options

Nick Cave - wtf ?

Glastonbury on TV usually makes me a little bit grumpy but I was glad i caught this moment..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEoaRPkWbgI&feature=player_embedded
  • Options
    Very good.I think I saw his son get knocked out of The Apprentice last week :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

RedPanda said:

I have literally no desire to go.

Fair enough. But don't judge Glastonbury solely by the music acts shown on the BBC footage.

There's so much more at Glastonbury than that, as anybody who has actually been will tell you.
    It really is a world within a world - and the non-mainstream stuff is where you'll find yourself.

Headline bands are only a small part of it. That's why it calls itself, "Glastonbury Festival Of Contemporary Performing Arts".

Indeed

http://www.djbroadcast.net/features/featureitem_id=40/The_Malign_Media_Representation_of_Glastonbury_and_other_Events.html
  • Options

I gather you've been a few times Oggy, but have you ever bought a ticket? ;-)

Ha ha ......funny enough, nope - never bought a ticket, always worked there.

But get away from following just the headline acts, and you'll find all the creative, wonderfully theatrical and intimate smaller acts; festivals within festivals. Amazing talent.

You won't see much of it if you get off your face as soon as you get there.
    And you won't see it on the BBC.

But it's what makes Glastonbury really special.

• Options
    Who had the CAFC flag at the Pyramid for the Stones? I was wayyy over to the left but screamed out in delight when I saw it, much to the bemusement of those around me.
  • Options

Who had the CAFC flag at the Pyramid for the Stones? I was wayyy over to the left but screamed out in delight when I saw it, much to the bemusement of those around me.

A friend or relation of AFKA called Dane. I thought he did great :-)
  • Options
    Anyone manage to get tickets this year?
  • Options
    Yep, am going for the weekend. Very excited.
  • Options
    Dane is going again - look out for the CAFC flag on a even longer flag pole
  • Options
    Yup and looking forward to it
  • Options
    I've only just discovered Metallica are playing.

I presume they're headlining whatever night they are playing? Now if the BBC think they're not going to show that, then I'll be writing to points of view. If it still exists :)
  • Options
    Heading down tomorrow and coming back Monday, cant wait tbh although 5 nights on it will test my stamina
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fook Glastonbury for a laugh, 260,000 swampy's all smoking weed and eating disco biscuits.

No thanks, I have never understood the appeal of sleeping in muddy field and shitting in a bucket?

Maybe I am just getting old!!

• Options
    Anyone just have any joy ? Managed to score a load on my iPhone after about 10 mins
  • Options
    I managed to get 4 then checked the site bout 5 mins later and they were all sold out
  • Options
    Forgot to set my alarm!
  • Options
    Didn't get any. Will be gutted if ac dc play and I'm not there.
  • Options
    Always a chance in the resale!
  • Options
    Still a round of tickets in April before the resale.
  • Options
    Just going to leave this here..
  • Options

Sky +'d a lot of it but will probably never watch it.

I did however see three Mumford and Sons songs live but then went to sleep as it was more interesting.

Also 6 music have really been tearing the arse out of Glasto today, broadcasting 'live' music all day ain't that great, especially when you have professional northerner Mary Ann Hobbs having orgasms every time she slurred "Glasto come down".

I like Glastonbury, I like the BBC but I hate the BBC's coverage of Glastonbury. A bunch of playlist loving DJs thinking they are at Woodstock, where they were when the Hell's Angels were providing security? Calling Glastonbury "Glasto" should be a punishable offence.
    AND the feckers didn't show Wilko's return.
  • Options
    Thought Paolo Nutini and MGMT should be staples for Glastonbury but not there this year.

BBC coverage is shoite, Sky would show them how to do it.