Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Options

Thought Paolo Nutini and MGMT should be staples for Glastonbury but not there this year.

BBC coverage is shoite, Sky would show them how to do it.

i've hear mgmt are awful live. They proper hate their own music. Apparently they only made their first album electro pop to get a record deal, but it completely blew up and have been forced to play Kids for the rest of their lives.
  • Options
    People moaning about Kanye headlining but Franz fucking Ferdinand are headlining the John Peel stage tonight, jesus christ, that is an actual musical abomination.
  • Options
    The fact there's still a John peel stage should offend you more
  • Options
    I watched the Kayne West slot on BBC catch up, and while all very good and all that, and even a bit musical, I didn't really get it at all.
    I know poets and mathematicians have done their best work by the time they're 21, and if rap is an extension of poetry then I would place Kayne West as on a par with Pam Ayres, and musically on a par with possibly Ultravox.
    The thing about a lot of rap is that yes, I know that people are oppressed, and I would also stand alongside them at the barricades, but do I really want Kayne West shoving his world view down my throat for a couple of hours, I mean who is he and what has he done to make all the declarations?
    If the younger generation like that kind of thing, where rap artists lecture them to the rhythm of hitting themselves over the head with a tin tray then fair enough, but I prefer actual musicians making music like Snarky Puppy.
  • Options
    Having a feeling of déjà vu with Weller...same set list as Friday so far...and bloody good it is too!! :smiley:
  • Options
    What i dont understand is that Kanye West is probably great for 10 per cent of Glasto crowd, ok for another 20 per cent but the other 70 per cent think he's shite - therefore, why do they book him ? - why not book a band that is liked by 70 per cent of the clientele? someone like The Stones, or even Sam Smith? or Adele (i know she doesnt like doing gigs) or even U2 or even go the whole way and see if maybe you could get Dave Gilmour to make an appearance with his band? - you see where i'm going? i really dont 'get' this necessity to get acts playing who are not wanted by the majority? Personally, it would just turn me off wanting to go in future.
  • Options
    Well there was a pretty big crowd for Kanye, people could have voted with their feet but they didn't.
  • Options
    I loved The Jam & thought The Style Council were good. But I've never been a fan of his solo work.
    I just find him rather dreary & I've seen him a few times. (Awaits flak).
  • Options
    The Dalai Lama is the only reason I went and he only did 5 minutes. The Sex Pistols used to play longer than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are the who live on tv or just on the bbc website
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    dancafc said:

Are the who live on tv or just on the bbc website

BBC 2 mate, 10:40pm.
  • Options
    Nice one mate
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The Who BBC2 22.40-01.00. Live, I doubt it.

The Chemical Brothers BBC3 22.30-23.30.
  • Options
    Iv just checked it's not live on tv it's live online that's a joke I didn't watch it but the bet Kanye West was live
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Well there was a pretty big crowd for Kanye, people could have voted with their feet but they didn't.

There was a bigger crowd for Lionel Ritchie than Kanye.
  • Options

Thought Paolo Nutini and MGMT should be staples for Glastonbury but not there this year.

BBC coverage is shoite, Sky would show them how to do it.

i've hear mgmt are awful live. They proper hate their own music. Apparently they only made their first album electro pop to get a record deal, but it completely blew up and have been forced to play Kids for the rest of their lives.
    Yeah, I love Time to Pretend, just think the crowd react great to it. They just look wasted on stage but for some reason like watching them perform. Kids video is quality, as is the making. Not even my genre tbh.

• Options
    Does it end tonight? Bloke at work went on Wednesday and isn't leaving until Tuesday?
  • Options

Does it end tonight? Bloke at work went on Wednesday and isn't leaving until Tuesday?

Yes, Friday-Sunday. But I presume you're joking.
  • Options

No, I'm serious CE. I can only assume it's because it wouldn't be a good idea for 200,000 people to all leave at the same time (i.e. Monday morning).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No, I'm serious CE. I can only assume it's because it wouldn't be a good idea for 200,000 people to all leave at the same time (i.e. Monday morning).
    Apologies, I see what you mean. Yes, depending where you're parked up, you maybe can't get out until Tuesday.

I seem to remember suziesausage or someone "discussing" this a few years back.
  • Options

Apologies, I see what you mean. Yes, depending where you're parked up, you maybe can't get out until Tuesday.

I seem to remember suziesausage or someone "discussing" this a few years back.
    Either that or he's pulling a fast one to get an extra day off work! :wink:
  • Options

People moaning about Kanye headlining but Franz fucking Ferdinand are headlining the John Peel stage tonight, jesus christ, that is an actual musical abomination.

whatever you think of kanye as a person, he's an incredibly talented man.
    Thought he was amazing. Absolutely smashed it. Best Glasto performance in years. Was lucky enough to see him live around 10 years ago in Brixton and he just gets better and better.
  • Options
    Just watched Lionel Richie. Not totally my cup of tea but can't take away from him the number of tunes he has written over the years and that, at 66, he can still cut it.

I also have to admit to having a little chuckle to myself when he played "Three Times A Lady", thinking back to the days when I was a teenager and that last dance ;-)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I watched the Kayne West slot on BBC catch up, and while all very good and all that, and even a bit musical, I didn't really get it at all.
    I know poets and mathematicians have done their best work by the time they're 21, and if rap is an extension of poetry then I would place Kayne West as on a par with Pam Ayres, and musically on a par with possibly Ultravox.
    The thing about a lot of rap is that yes, I know that people are oppressed, and I would also stand alongside them at the barricades, but do I really want Kayne West shoving his world view down my throat for a couple of hours, I mean who is he and what has he done to make all the declarations?
    If the younger generation like that kind of thing, where rap artists lecture them to the rhythm of hitting themselves over the head with a tin tray then fair enough, but I prefer actual musicians making music like Snarky Puppy.

lol. What right does any musician have to say or do anything to do with their personal opinions on things? A lot of people agree with him, which is why a lot of people listen to his music and go see him in concert
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    also not a huge fan of Lionel Richie but he was pretty damn good. more people watching him than were watching last nights headline kanye west. Kanye had a decent first album. shite since.
  • Options

Yeah his talent of being able to flog shite music is very admirable.
    He's probably the best hip hop producer working today, and that's before we get into his rapping and singing. Whatever your opinion on the genre of music. He's an incredible talent.
  • Options

He's probably the best hip hop producer working today, and that's before we get into his rapping and singing. Whatever your opinion on the genre of music. He's an arrogant prick.
    fixed
  • Options

He's probably the best hip hop producer working today, and that's before we get into his rapping and singing. Whatever your opinion on the genre of music. He's an arrogant prick.
    fixed
    a lot of incredibly talented and successful people are.