Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glastonbury....

Comments

• Glasto in the rain no thanks

Been once was as sunny as hell and was cracking

Every time i see it on tv in the rain i think no thanks
  • I went one year when it was pissing it down the hole weekend. I was looking forward to going home!
  • was incredibly jealous of those who got a ticket after looking at the line up. Looking at the weather forecast I'm glad i'm going to be watching it on the box
  • Got live streaming up on the BBC if anyone's interested.
  • edited June 2013
  • Just been watching some on the BBC Glastonbury site.
    Though the AM's were excellent but only get 40mins of their set.
    Listening to Portishead at the mo.................top stuff.
    Tonight is the stones, would love to catch the whole set but read somewhere that the bbc will only get limited coverage.
  • I went every year from 1995 to 2010 except one.

I'm missing it massively this year and I'm desperate to go again next year. There's a lot less on the main stages I'd have wanted to see this year which I think would have been a great thing as I'd have spent a lot more time wandering round checking out all the mad little bits it has to offer as a festival which put it head and shoulders above every other festival in the world.
  • Watching Chic now, top stuff would have well been worth seeing.
  • dizzee rascal was the nuts last night
  • Thought Seasick Steve was great last night,he improves with age.
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

There's a lot less on the main stages I'd have wanted to see this year which I think would have been a great thing as I'd have spent a lot more time wandering round checking out all the mad little bits it has to offer as a festival which put it head and shoulders above every other festival in the world.

This.

Most people seem to only want to do the headline music acts - and are oblivious to all the non-mainstream music and performance stuff, which makes Glastonbury special.

• Thought Seasick Steve was great last night,he improves with age.

Agreed. Thought The Courteeners and Bastille were good too.
  • BBC will only be showing the first hour of the stones' 2 hour set
  • sammy391 said:

BBC will only be showing the first hour of the stones' 2 hour set

That's down to The Stones, rather than the BBC. They wouldn't agree to have any more than that televised.
  • Don't drink in doors, but the Stones have got me cracking open the buds that have been in the fridge since Christmas.

Of course its not perfect, but for their age its incredible. Jagger is a ledge.
  • As are all DGS alumni.
  • Don't drink in doors.

Weirdo.
  • I'm never in !
  • MrOneLung said:

As are all DGS alumni.

Just Mick Jagger I think, Keith Richards was Dartford High.
  • Mick Jagger - 69. Wow.
    They just made Example look a total chump.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good answer.
    The Stones were good, certainly better than the live concert I bought on Sky earlier this year. However it just comes across on the telly as too slick very much like Scorcese's film, Shine a Light. Live performances very rarely come across well on TV.
    The Who were much louder, energetic and entertaining a couple of weeks ago.
  • Not analysing it to much, funeral of someone close to me last week had Satisfaction as their play out song. Uden's said its the first time they've heard that played. I'm thinking of then tonight, would have loved it.

And Jagger is still a ledge !
  • Not a bad performance for someone of their age!
  • He is, no doubt. However Jo Whiley looks very much like my second wife......
  • edited June 2013
    you know what really impressed me was the fact that they didn't do one swear word throughout the whole live set (class act) not like a lot of these so called 'bands' nowadays... fucking brilliant!
  • edited June 2013
    Agreed Bloodnut.

But in the other hand, Public Enemy are on now.

And I muver fookin love dat shit !
  • MrOneLung said:

As are all DGS alumni.

Just Mick Jagger I think, Keith Richards was Dartford High.
    Sorry, was in response to Jagger is ledge comment as I went to DGS.
  • Goat!
  • Valley11 said:

Mick Jagger - 69. Wow.
    They just made Example look a total chump.

Nah , Example made himself look a chump to be fair.
  • Loving the Alabama Shakes