Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Best Only Fools And Horses Moment

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Probably mentioned already - but the episode where Albert throws himself through the open pub cellar doors is a classic.

"Are you the same Albert Winston Trotter ......?
    I find it hard to criticise any episodes but this was one of my least favourites. It's also contains some info about Albert's time during the war which is later contradicted which is partly why I don't really like it. 
    A Royal Flush & then anything after Time on Our Hands are the only ones that spring to mind that I just don't like much.

Del is just a complete arse in A Royal Flush, Rodney is right to call him out on it.
    Yeah good shout on Royal Flush. Del is obviously a chancer but he is just so dislikeable in that episode which doesn't really fit in. 
    No exactly, he's normally dodgy but obviously a charmer and witty with it.
  • Options
    What was so clever about the series was the building of the characters as loveable rogues. I think Royal Flush was a rare episode where a line was crossed with the Delboy character and I have read that John Sullivan and David Jason weren't happy with it. 

Peckham Spring was funny even though Delboy was potentially poisoning people, but in the Royal Flush  episode there was a nastiness to the character that wasn't there in other episodes. 
  • Options
    I always wonder what people outside of London make of it. I know it’s obviously very popular, but I feel like I know the real life equivalent of every character. It’s like JS was one of my old mans mates or something to nail so many people spot on.
    it does seem uncanny with so many of my dads old friends having a lot of similarities with the characters. probably helps that his closest mates all worked in Londons markets. some of the stories they have are priceless and i can see where a lot of inspiration would of come from for Sullivan with the people he knew and grew up with. 

The character that seems so realistic to me was Granddad. always wearing a hat and a neckerchief but the thing that really is spot on is his accent.  reminds me so much of someone i used to know. 
  • Options
    What was so clever about the series was the building of the characters as loveable rogues. I think Royal Flush was a rare episode where a line was crossed with the Delboy character and I have read that John Sullivan and David Jason weren't happy with it. 

Peckham Spring was funny even though Delboy was potentially poisoning people, but in the Royal Flush  episode there was a nastiness to the character that wasn't there in other episodes. 

He wasn't a particularly likeable character in series 1 - quite hard actually and he and Boycie were not exactly acting like old school mates. If I remember correctly it wasn't a given that they would make series 2 but presumably the genius of Sullivan realised that he had to make Del softer and the butt of a lot of jokes rather than the rough edged petty wheeler dealer. It worked of course - in an unrivaled way. 
  • Options
    Del boy comes out to tell Rodney and Albert that Raquel has had the baby.
    Rodney. Have they mentioned the sex? 
    Del. Give her time Rodney. Give her time. 
    "What is it?"
    "It's a little baby Rodney!"
  • Options
    When Uncle Albert claims to know German and trys to speak to the pregnant German women.

" Vot is your Name"
  • Options
    When Uncle Albert claims to know German and trys to speak to the pregnant German women.

" Vot is your Name"
    Really good episode. I also like it when Del is talking to Boycie and Marlene about knowing where a baby is going free. Boycie - “what, knocked off”.  
  • Options
    A great cast in all characters, I love Boycie, Denzel, Marlene, Trigger and all the others.

During the 1939 - 1945 conflict with Germany.

@ValleyGary My wife is German and here favourite sitcom is OFAH, we have the boxed set and watch it regularly. We both agree that it is a uniquely English series and would not have done anything abroad either dubbed or rewritten in another language!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    MOTHER NATURES SON (Rodney shopping in the health food store)
    Rodney: "everything in this shop was grown the way nature intended".
    Del: "oh that must be very comforting for you and Cassandra to sit down to dinner every night knowing that everything on your plate was once under a pile of horse shit!" 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Personally a royal flush is my favourite episode.  Interesting how people interpret it but I don't see a nastiness 
  • Options

Personally a royal flush is my favourite episode.  Interesting how people interpret it but I don't see a nastiness 
    There is an extended version of this episode where Del was worse, but it was cut from broadcasting.
  • Options
    Del walking into the flat where Rodders and Cassandra are playing dress up and shitting himself at seeing Cassandra dress as old bill.

They tell Del they are going to a fancy dress party so Del sends them on their way out to the lifts 😂
  • Options
    edited February 2021

"e owns that horse Handsome Sansom (favourite for the derby next year), and that little girl, she looks nothing like him...... Looks like the 'orse maybe!" 🤣
  • Options
    When Rodney grabs The Sha-a-dow's cigarettes instead of his gun.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Been watching the groovy gang one tonight. 

Probably watch some episode once a week when flicking channels and can easily binge hours at a time. The best programme ever made by a country mile for all the reasons listed above. 

And barely a swear word uttered.

Miami Twice is one of my faves. 

Boycie to Marlene on the plane:

“That’s funny, there’s someone down there on one of those jet ski things”

“So”

”We’re 20 miles off the coast”

First time I’d seen anywhere use the same person for two characters in a show.

”Biscay, Ca, Cay, Biscay Bay,....Bay!! Lol
  • Options
    Re-watched 3 episodes last night as part of the podcast I mentioned earlier in the thread.

One of which was 'Strained Relations' - the episode of Grandad's funeral. 

"Bloody families....I'm finished with them. What do they do? Hold you back.....bring you down......and then break your bloody heart"
  • Options
    😂 not to mention Albert's heart attack
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Probably watch some episode once a week when flicking channels and can easily binge hours at a time. The best programme ever made by a country mile for all the reasons listed above. 

“So”

Not sure anyone else has ever said that was their favourite episode   
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Del to Rodney and Cassandra: "so what's that, two weeks until the off? Just enough time for us to get some new clothes..... (to Cassandra) you... to get your bikini line sorted out!"😉
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Re-watched 3 episodes last night as part of the podcast I mentioned earlier in the thread.

One of which was 'Strained Relations' - the episode of Grandad's funeral. 

"Bloody families....I'm finished with them. What do they do? Hold you back.....bring you down......and then break your bloody heart"
    The perfect example of why this is the greatest sitcom ever.
  • Options
    They seek him here, they seek him there, is he in heaven is he in hell that damned elusive sh a dow. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

“So”

Not sure anyone else has ever said that was their favourite episode   
    I really don’t like that episode. The whole American accent stuff, really well below par. 
  • Options
    When Boycie sees Del on the Jetski way out at sea from his plane window was one of many great moments.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Danger UXD, great episode with umpteen hilarious moments, but i particularly remember when trying
    to dump the dolls on a tramps fire, and one of them blows up, looking a bit shocked Del turns to the
    tramps and say's
    "I told 'em not to have the mutton vindaloo" magic moments :)
  • Options
    Del boy at the dating agency. 
    Man behind the desk: What kind of women are you after.
    Del boy: a bit of a sort, you know i don't want you lumbering me with some old bow wow who doesn't know the difference between a liebfraumilch and a can of tizer. 

• Options
    Failing to lean on the bar is pure genius.

I found the chandelier scene very sad, there was no way I could laugh at that.  Just when it looks like they've got something good going, it all goes horribly wrong.

As a whole episode, Peckham Spring takes some beating.