Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Best Only Fools And Horses Moment

Comments

• Options
    Each character is absolutely nailed to a tee. everybody knows a person in life like the ones in OF&H.

• Options
    Dels character was originally offered to Jim Broadbent but he turned it down. I'm not sure if it would have been such a hit had it been him playing Del Boy rather than David Jason, him a Nicholas Lyndhurst just seem to fit so well.
  • Options

Each character is absolutely nailed to a tee. everybody knows a person in life like the ones in OF&H.

Absolutely true and to have Uncle Albert as a replacement for Grandad, was a brilliant piece of casting. During the war...

• Options
    I bet there still raking it in, in royalties and will continue to do so in years to come
  • Options
    When that busty blonde bird walked in the room and Del said "For a moment I thought Right Said Fred had walked in the room"

Rodders turned round to stare and the bird gave him a disdainful look.
  • Options

Without doubt the greatest TV comedy series of all time. Got them all on DVD and still watch an episode practically every night. Timeless comedy that will never be bettered, or even equalled. Surprised more wasn't made of Jonn Sullivan passing away back in April 2011. The man was a comedy genius

Have you tried Citizen Smith? Jonn Sullivan also wrote that, very good and dare I say it similar charactors.
  • Options

Playing Trivial Pursuit with Casandras posh lot "I know......its a Bic" !

Some brilliant memories on this thread. One of my favourites not mentioned was the seance, where the spiritualist asks is there an Aubrey in the room. After a huge pause and mumblings, Boycey chips up in his brilliant voice "i am heeee"

Love it

From the same episode when they are talking about Elsie Partridge being a spiritulist:

Uncle Albert: "Elsie Partridge is a Medium"
    Del grabs a dress that is hanging up "well you'd better whack that round to her then !!"

• Options
    Cant really pick 1 moment, although Jolly Boys outing has to be my favourite episode
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Cant really pick 1 moment, although Jolly Boys outing has to be my favourite episode

very true - hard to pick, but agree with you, that episode is the best with so many different scenes and jokes that link up with other episodes etc.

One classic line I was recently reminded of was from an early episode where Rodney says to Del:
    "..everything about you is lairy. Look at the way you're dressed for a start. You make a Christmas tree look sombre"
  • Options
    One other I forgot. Uncle Albert is playing the piano in The Nags head and announces:

" I would like to dedicate this next song to my dear departed beautiful wife....Ada" and sings

"Ada you with the stars in your eyes"

I very nearly dribbled in my pants. Brilliant!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rodney with Triggers Grandad's urn: "Del, Del!!...It's Arthur's ashes

Del : "Arthur's ashes? That's the black bloke that won Wimbledon

Another episode

Boycey when the baby turns up from the Swedish bird, " how are we gonna convince them that Louis Armstrong is her Grandfather"

Another;

Del impressing a bird : "I used to parachute form 20,000 feet, didn't open my shoot till I saw the tops of the trees....at night"
  • Options
    So many to choose from but this always has me in stitches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aEV-4n5cpY
  • Options
    After Del has been to chat up two 'sorts' at the bar.

Del to Rodney - "Shut up and drink up will ya?"

Rodney - "Del you are a saint! Are they a couple of ravers?!"

Del - "No, they're a couple of geezers!"
  • Options
    Trigger to Mike the barman, they are going to name the baby Rodney after Dave.
  • Options
    Auncle albert saying "who's rachel?"
  • Options
    Bird to Rodney in the club about him being professional tennis player "What to you prefer astroturf or grass ?"

Rodney : "Dunno, I've never smoked astroturf"
  • Options
    Del at the dentist who says to him 'just a little prick'

'Aaahhh, you've met my brother then'
  • Options

I also love the moment when del rodney and uncle get nicked for the microwave, love the descriptions all 3 of them gave .

Yeah the bit when Slater is on the phone to the commisioner, yes sir, of course sir, very nice of you to say sir etc, when he come off the phone he asks Del 'Do you know who that was?' and quick as a flash Del replies 'The wife?!!?'

Love it, Albery acting surprised is another favourite! Super programme they don't make em the same.
  • Options
    Having a OFAH night in! And already in stitches over Peckham spring....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The time when Del Boy pretended to be some boss called Ivor Hardy to Rodney when he was looking for a job.
  • Options
    Whilst brilliantly funny the show was also very, very poignant too at times. I always well up when I watch the episode where Del Boy takes a beating from the Driscolls for not repaying his debt so that he can give Rodney the money for a deposit on a flat. That and so many others which makes the show a proper classic. You really cared about these people.
  • Options

Whilst brilliantly funny the show was also very, very poignant too at times. I always well up when I watch the episode where Del Boy takes a beating from the Driscolls for not repaying his debt so that he can give Rodney the money for a deposit on a flat. That and so many others which makes the show a proper classic. You really cared about these people.

I get the same when Uncle Albert runs away and they find him at East India Dock. Also Grandad talking about war in the nuclear fall out shelter.
  • Options
    Very few comedies out there that can have you weeping one moment, and howling with laughter the next.

What a talent John Sullivan was. The show will never be bettered.
  • Options
    What a bunch of softies we are!
  • Options

So many quality moments, its not until you sit and think about all the past lines, as well as reading others on here that you remember just how good it was.
    Nothing compares.

This. And now what's on the BBC? Mrs. Brown's Boys. What a crock of shit.

Every episode of OFAH has at least two or three lines which have me cracking up - even now!
  • Options

So many quality moments, its not until you sit and think about all the past lines, as well as reading others on here that you remember just how good it was.
    Nothing compares.

This. And now what's on the BBC? Mrs. Brown's Boys. What a crock of shit.

Every episode of OFAH has at least two or three lines which have me cracking up - even now!
    One of the very few comedies that you can watch, & know the lines coming, but still laugh out loud.
    (Fawlty Towers being another).
  • Options
    So many funny moments, I love the one where Rodney is being chased in his 3 wheeler while trying to show off to some bird.

The way the show is written is absolutely brilliant, it can turn from a funny moment to a sentimental soppy moment in no time. Whenever I hear Simply Red 'Holding Back the Years' it reminds me of Rodders wedding, when Del Boy is clearing up at the end alone, he looks a bit lost.
  • Options
    In 'Healthy Competition,' when Grandad goes to Rodney 'what've you got a wendy house?' about him and Mickey Pearce's Spanish holiday plan just kills me every time EVEN though you know its coming. Might have been mentioned above, haven't read through...

Scenes like the chandelier dont do that much for me after seeing it for the first time, its the effortless delivery of the one liners that still remain funny today. You can't beat the expressions and the manner the characters say these lines. Can't get enough of the show.
  • Options

Scenes like the chandelier dont do that much for me after seeing it for the first time, its the effortless delivery of the one liners that still remain funny today. You can't beat the expressions and the manner the characters say these lines. Can't get enough of the show.

Totally agree with this, I'm the same with the "falling through the bar" scene, funny at the time, but doesn't make me laugh as much as the little one liners time after time.