Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Best Only Fools And Horses Moment

Comments

• Can never listen to "crying" / "cwying" without thinking of Tony Angelino. Another classic episode.

Watching it now I know exactly what is coming but can't help cracking up. I honestly don't know another programme that I can do that to.

Got the whole set and still dig a DVD out on a Sunday evening just to make a Sunday feel better, absolute classics. Another one of those things that I can't wait for my boy to be old enough to understand and 'get'.

Great thread @AdTheAddick
  • "Arthur's ashes? That's the black bloke who won Wimbledon isn't it?"
  • Del
    "I thought you said it was open 24hours a day?"

Trigger
    "yeah..but not at night"

ABsolute classic comedy, as everyone says on here, THE best ever

BIG_ROB said:

In Pekham Spring when Del, Trigger and Denzel took the radio-active waste to the council tip.

Del - "Trig, I thought you said the tip was open 24 hours a day?!"

Trig - "It is, but not at night!"

Classic!

Are you trigger in disguise BR?

;-)
    No Dave! ; )
  • The squashing of the valuable Butterfly was good too.
  • The Jolly Boy's Outing is an all-time classic:

Del Boy: What was the name of that dish that Casandra made?
    Rodders: Moules Marinieres.
    Del Boy: Yea that's it, any one else would have used mussels.
  • nice one juan
  • Del Boy: One of my most favouritist meals is Duck à l'Orange, but I don't know how to say that in French.
    Rodney: It's canard.
    Del Boy: You can say that again bruv!
  • cafctom said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Can never listen to "crying" / "cwying" without thinking of Tony Angelino. Another classic episode.

Classic, cant hear the original without thing of this, slightly off topic, Stevenage Boro fans sing the openning theme tune, always thought it sounds very good, they have done it from their non league days, the one that starts "put the money in my pocket, ill get the suitcase from the van" Not sure why they sing it but cant think of any other team that does so?

I thought it was sung as a dig at Harry Redknapp when they played Spurs?
    It's pony not money in the first line.
  • This is my favourite, "Get up as high as you can Del, you might get a tan"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G7foe3IGwc
  • cwying on bbc1 right now, love it Tony Angelino..
  • Sponsored links:

• Rodney's older girlfriend episode.
    Del - How much older is she then.... 30?
    Rodney - Nah 40
    Del - F-F-F-F-F-Forty, blimey she's even too old for me
    Grandad - Even i'd have to think twice!!!

I nearly soil myself every time - A Classic never to be beaten programme
  • Every one mentioned is classic but I loved the "To Hull and back" episode where they ended up hiring a boat to sail to Amsterdam and get lost in the North Sea with Del Boy saying to uncle Albert

You're a sailor can't you navigate by the stars?"

They all look up and Alberts says

" Blimey there's thousands of em!"

Del "Yes and they all have names like The Great Bear"

Albert " Yeh? what does it look like?"

Del "It looks like a bloody rabbit what do you think?.......I'mm gonna kill him"

totally price less
  • Without doubt the greatest TV comedy series of all time. Got them all on DVD and still watch an episode practically every night. Timeless comedy that will never be bettered, or even equalled. Surprised more wasn't made of Jonn Sullivan passing away back in April 2011. The man was a comedy genius
  • Priceless comedy !!
    Such a legend of a writer john sullivan will always be .
    Always makes me smile when i'm upset about something
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Can never listen to "crying" / "cwying" without thinking of Tony Angelino. Another classic episode.

Classic, cant hear the original without thing of this, slightly off topic, Stevenage Boro fans sing the openning theme tune, always thought it sounds very good, they have done it from their non league days, the one that starts "put the money in my pocket, ill get the suitcase from the van" Not sure why they sing it but cant think of any other team that does so?

have heard it sung by the barmy army.
  • I've heard it sang albeit quietly at Stamford bridge
  • edited October 2012
    I think it would be the rant that Raquel goes into in the episode 'Mother Nature's Son' where Del is storing a load of guff in Damien's room-- a beautiful piece that culminates in:-
    "What are the chances of you bumping into a bald headed, anti-apartheid, deep sea diving Bros fan who has a betamax video recorder, likes Romanian Rheisling, and whose name is Gary".
    John Sullivan, pure genius.
  • edited October 2012

SE7toSG3 said:

have heard it sung by the barmy army.
    just thinking...they used a trumpet to get it going.... whatever happened to the guy in the covered end next to the drummer who used to bring a trumpet along?
  • Love at clip :-D
  • Sponsored links:

• Every single episode is a classic in its very own right!
  • has to be del boy when he falls through the bar
  • Playing Trivial Pursuit with Casandras posh lot "I know......its a Bic" !

Some brilliant memories on this thread. One of my favourites not mentioned was the seance, where the spiritualist asks is there an Aubrey in the room. After a huge pause and mumblings, Boycey chips up in his brilliant voice "i am heeee"

Love it
  • the blow up dolls
    "blimey its pepsi and shirley"
  • Which way to 'olland?

Every one mentioned is classic but I loved the "To Hull and back" episode where they ended up hiring a boat to sail to Amsterdam and get lost in the North Sea with Del Boy saying to uncle Albert

You're a sailor can't you navigate by the stars?"

They all look up and Alberts says

" Blimey there's thousands of em!"

Del "Yes and they all have names like The Great Bear"

Albert " Yeh? what does it look like?"

Del "It looks like a bloody rabbit what do you think?.......I'mm gonna kill him"

totally price less

• Rodney's date with Nervous Nerys was another classic!
  • I love the fishing trip episode.

"Maybe it's the shadows in the trees?"

"It's blowing a bloody typhoid out there!"

Brilliant episode. Dels actions when he opens the curtains, and when Rodney tells him down the phone that the killer is in the room with him - classic
  • Is that a police helicoper?! "no your ok its barretts" was a briliant line from that episode :)
  • the blow up dolls
    "blimey its pepsi and shirley"

After the dolls blow up

Del "I told her not to 'ave the mutton vindaloo"!!

• Del boy about his new love interest " When she walks in she lights up the room"

Rodney " blimey all the others lit up a fag"