Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Best Only Fools And Horses Moment

Comments

• Options
    Nightclub scene where Del tells the girls that  Rodney's a pro tennis player, after saying that he was a Concorde pilot.

The girls ask Rodney's if he prefers grass or AstroTurf - Rodney's replies I don't know,  I've never smoked astroturf!
  • Options
    I went to see the show at theatre royal haymarket and previously thought to myself it wasnt going to be enjoyable.

The audience was in fits of laughter from start to finish. Would recommend if we return to normal life one day and it appears back in the west end.
  • Options
    I went to see the show at theatre royal haymarket and previously thought to myself it wasnt going to be enjoyable.

The audience was in fits of laughter from start to finish. Would recommend if we return to normal life one day and it appears back in the west end.
    We saw it January 2020 and had a great night, this was the last time up the West End before Covid struck.
  • Options
    Not a favourite scene, but The Jolly Boys Outing has just about everything you want from a OFAH episode. 
  • Options
    One of the most underrated lines in my opinion is when Rodney goes it alone and says him and Mickey Pearce have got into the "self catering holiday trade". 

Del - "what on £200 nicker?"
    Rodney - "we're starting in a small way"
    Grandad - "what you got a wendy house". 

Never really mentioned when people talk about the best lines ever but cracks me up. Having said that, it's no doubt been mentioned on this thread now!
  • Options

yep seen it too, absolutely brilliant show.

Paul Whitehouse is superb
  • Options

Me too - all the cast were brilliant and seeing Paul Whitehouse as Grandad was an audience with a comedy legend. Very enjoyable evening.

Not too many overseas tourist voices in the audience though - I think it would have passed any of them by. Very British (and that's not a criticism).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me it's probably the best TV programme ever made.

Can watch any episode despite having seen them all dozens of times and still laugh hysterically even when you know what's about to be said. John Sullivan was a genius.
    So well written and so well acted.

It is so familiar that you not only know what's about to be said, you find yourself saying the classic lines before they do! 
  • Options
    Del Boys anecdote about the suicidal bus driver on the edge of a cliff 
  • Options
    For me it's probably the best TV programme ever made.

Can watch any episode despite having seen them all dozens of times and still laugh hysterically even when you know what's about to be said. John Sullivan was a genius.
    100% the best thing ever made
  • Options
    Absolutely love only fools! normally I'd go with the bar or chandelier but these have prob been mentioned loads already, so when they go to Spain & Rodders has to pretend to be 16 & joins the 'Groovy Club' then in typically Only Fools fashion wins the Spanish Lottery but they can't claim as he's under 18!!  
  • Options
    Probably mentioned already - but the episode where Albert throws himself through the open pub cellar doors is a classic.

"Are you the same Albert Winston Trotter ......?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The Seance with Elsie Partridge was brilliant. When she’s calling out Aubrey and Boycie in his brilliant voice says ‘I am heee’. 

If I’m anywhere and my name gets called out I always get the urge to say Boycie-style  ‘I am heee’ :-) 
  • Options
    And I love the one with the comedian in Nags, Albert gets up and he goes ‘here he comes HI HOOOO’ 

brilliant :-) 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Del trying to explain to Uncle Albert that him and Raquel were sleeping together....

Del: Rodney slept in his own room last night.
    Albert: Oh I thought Raquel was sleeping in there
    Del: (Nervously) No.....
    Albert: So where did she sleep then?
    Del (Nervously) She slept with........Somewhere else
    Albert: Oh I see....

Del relieved as he thinks Albert has finally worked it out

Albert: Where? 
    Del: Why don’t you shout a bit louder then they will be able to hear you in the Dordogne!!! 
    Albert: So she slept with you then..
    Del: Yes alright she did. But listen don’t you go telling her about it 
    Albert: Why don’t she know?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Probably mentioned already - but the episode where Albert throws himself through the open pub cellar doors is a classic.

I find it hard to criticise any episodes but this was one of my least favourites. It's also contains some info about Albert's time during the war which is later contradicted which is partly why I don't really like it. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I find it hard to criticise any episodes but this was one of my least favourites. It's also contains some info about Albert's time during the war which is later contradicted which is partly why I don't really like it. 
    A Royal Flush & then anything after Time on Our Hands are the only ones that spring to mind that I just don't like much.

Del is just a complete arse in A Royal Flush, Rodney is right to call him out on it.
  • Options
    Was bought tickets for the stage show last year but as you may be aware Covid has put that on hold. Hope to see it some time this summer. Hear its very good. 

It was an obvious present for me as there is barely a week that passes that i don't watch an episode or two on UKTV Gold. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    bobmunro said:

A Royal Flush & then anything after Time on Our Hands are the only ones that spring to mind that I just don't like much.

Del is just a complete arse in A Royal Flush, Rodney is right to call him out on it.
     I think most would agree it should of ended on Time on our Hands when walking off into the sunset "This time next year, we could be billionairs" 

there's a couple of episodes before that which had good lines in them but i did find them weaker than the rest of the series that they were attached too from the top of my head they were 'Cash and Curry' series 1 and 'It's only Rock and Roll' series 4.

when i say weaker i'm not trying to do a disservice to one of the most best writers there's been in British comedy, John Sullivan. Another series that Only fools owes a great deal to is Minder. without the success of that great series this thread might never exist. 
  • Options
    @Karim_myBagheri yeah I've always thought there was a lot of Arthur Daly in Del.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Over the past year or so there has been a new podcast called ‘Only Fools & Brotherly Forces’, where two brothers review each episode and go over some of the intricacies of each. Would recommend.

Brilliant idea for a podcast. Will check it out 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Yeah good shout on Royal Flush. Del is obviously a chancer but he is just so dislikeable in that episode which doesn't really fit in. 
  • Options
    Rodneys Wedding was brilliant & so bloody real particularly the do in the Nags head, dirty filthy carpet all the cast there, surprisingly emotional for a comedy in so many ways,  topped off of course when Rodney turns up at the flat & Del Boy has to tell home “you don’t live here anymore”.
  • Options
    I always wonder what people outside of London make of it. I know it’s obviously very popular, but I feel like I know the real life equivalent of every character. It’s like JS was one of my old mans mates or something to nail so many people spot on.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    For me every single scene of each show is so ingrained on me and can watch them daily still after 30 years and genuinely lol.  Think it was Samuel Johsnon said if you are tired of OFAH you are tired of life.

So many epic scenes it is tough to choose. 

The scene when Del manipulates the lift and causes it to breakdown which then leads to Rodney breaking down in the shadows of Cassandra's recent miscarriage is one of the most poignant tv, let alone sitcom, moments that I have seen and perfectly underlines the mastery of Sullivan's writing, the top drawer acting and depth of the characters and the empathy they elicit.

To have scenes like that interspersed with falling through bars, blow up dolls and jolly boys outings is genius and it is a proper British institution.
    This 100%
    Just trawled through 6 pages to check out if this lift scene had been posted, only to find it on the last page, and totally agree the best moment has to be the lift scene.
    Too many laughs and blindingly funny and unique scenes to choose from but the lift was a one off and pure genius.