Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe that's the date of his appeal.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Maybe that's the date of his appeal.

rock n roll in ibiza going well if you're posting on charlton life whilst on your holibobs!

• Options
    Time for the afternoon nap! Even Rock an Roll stars need an afternoon nap.

Then VIP in DC10s :-)
  • Options
    Please tell me Plaaayer is in Ibiza and posting.
  • Options
    yep he is
  • Options
    what else you supposed to do when having a dump ?
  • Options
    Go through all records of Championship away numbers
  • Options
    well there is that but after that......
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited September 2012

seth plum said:

has Rick actually left yet

My understanding is that he works for Charlton Athletic until the 28th September 2012.

My understanding is that his disaplinary hearing is on that date. ..................

I can smell the fireworks now.............
    It would not surprise me if this is the truth.

Rick is currently suspended pending a disciplinary hearing which could result in dismissal. This would account for why no one had said or done anything official as that would be predicting the outcome of an investigation before it has been officially heard.

It would also explain why a date is known in advance although if they do find he has committed an instant dismissal act it could still not be his date of leaving as the hearing has to consider evidence after the hearing. And then give a judgement.

Also if Rick makes a claim against the management ie Slater it is a grievance not a disciplinary action. This is important as the ultimate appeal of a grievance is heard internally whereas a disciplinary can go to a tribunal court.

But it is common to take out a grievance when under a disciplinary investigation as it could ultimately be used in the court to show the employee was unhappy with the employers actions from the start.

Previous post edited so this might not make dense now.
  • Options
    Mr DRF.
    May I ask if this is "Fact" or "Heresay" ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just what I was about to ask. Also feels as if it is straying further into the bloke's personal business...
  • Options

Mr DRF.
    May I ask if this is "Fact" or "Heresay" ?

what, the Mr bit ??
  • Options
    Doubt very much that he would be suspended and then quoted with regard to the Tickets for Heroes today.
  • Options
    I tell you what if it was me and I was unable to post pending whatever is going on I'd be properly embarrassed by this thread.
  • Options

I tell you what if it was me and I was unable to post pending whatever is going on I'd be properly embarrassed by this thread.

Why? Don't we all like to know how highly we are valued?

• Options
    Yeh, that's what I was saying.

No - if I was in a sensitive position with regard to my employment I would be embarrassed to see people presenting their idle speculation as likely scenarios on a public forum.
  • Options

Yeh, that's what I was saying.

No - if I was in a sensitive position with regard to my employment I would be embarrassed to see people presenting their idle speculation as likely scenarios on a public forum.

OK arrived on your wavelength now! People, especially worried and upset people, in the absence of any information are bound to seek information and cast around for answers. Now if Rick were available, he'd soon sort us out!

• Options
    Hmm sorry for the misunderstanding I thought it was clear from the 'ifs'.

The whole of my post wad simply to clarify what usually happens in disciplinary hearings and grievances. It is in no way a reflection of what has, could or might have happened to Rick - just the usual pattern of these things.

Didn't mean to imply I had any knowledge of the actual issue.
  • Options
    I found it informative DRF.

Ans probably accurate
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I still love you too @DRF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So who's died then?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

So who's died then?

Charlton Athletic....... apparently.

• Options
    Wow check me out with the admin love-in!
  • Options
    DRF said:

Congratulations @DRF - you are now officiall part of the Clique! ;-)
  • Options
    Off_it said:

So who's died then?

LOL my sentiments exactly 11 bloody pages.

• Options
    DRF said:

(mumbles...."won't last" !)

• Options
    Hasn't even got the Charlton Life badge.
  • Options
    We at the Trust love you too @DRF, how about subscribing (if not already)?

:)
  • Options
    DRF said:

seth plum said:

has Rick actually left yet

My understanding is that he works for Charlton Athletic until the 28th September 2012.

My understanding is that his disaplinary hearing is on that date. ..................

I can smell the fireworks now.............
    It would not surprise me if this is the truth.

Rick is currently suspended pending a disciplinary hearing which could result in dismissal. This would account for why no one had said or done anything official as that would be predicting the outcome of an investigation before it has been officially heard.

It would also explain why a date is known in advance although if they do find he has committed an instant dismissal act it could still not be his date of leaving as the hearing has to consider evidence after the hearing. And then give a judgement.

Also if Rick makes a claim against the management ie Slater it is a grievance not a disciplinary action. This is important as the ultimate appeal of a grievance is heard internally whereas a disciplinary can go to a tribunal court.

But it is common to take out a grievance when under a disciplinary investigation as it could ultimately be used in the court to show the employee was unhappy with the employers actions from the start.

Previous post edited so this might not make dense now.
    Also you can be dismissed with notice. So you could be dismissed at a hearing on 28 July with 2 months notice, which means the effective date of dismissal would be 28 September. You have three months in which to lodge a claim for unfair dismissal to an ET and that runs from the effective date of dismissal.
  • Options

Off_it said:

So who's died then?

LOL my sentiments exactly 11 bloody pages.

So nobody then @northstandsteve? I was begining to wonder.

Look, I know people are worried and all that, but some of this stuff reads like an obituary - both to AB and the Club. And at the end of the day I can't see that anybody has posted anything much other than pure speculation (albeit some of it probably well informed, admitedly).