Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• The Wire > all

Anyone here watched the Korean show 'Stranger' on Netflix? I may make that my next series http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6461346/
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Three episodes into season 3 of Gomorrah. So far it’s as brilliant as ever.
    In my view, in its entirety, it’s the best thing since Breaking Bad.

Agreed. I’m up to episode eight and it gets better and better .
    I would go as far to say that it’s in my top five TV shows of all time .
    Top three for me. BB, Sopranos and Gomorrah.
    Big Brother ?
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Sopranos is top of my list closely followed by Breaking Bad.

So by the sound of things I need to get on to Gomorrah!
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Strange to see Big Brother in that top three, i'd have expected you to go for another crime show
  • I
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

It’s so weird,.....Soprano’s is for me the best TV series ever and Gomorrah is running it close.....but I really couldn’t get into B.B. I gave up after about 4 or 5 episodes as it just wasn’t grabbing me.

I’m not sure why?!? Maybe I should try it again?
  • An other Italian gangster series to come from a preceding feature film - Romanzo Criminale was good too.....but didn’t approach Gomorrah standards.
  • Five episodes into Outsiders on Netflix. Was a bit unimpressed at first but it’s definitely growing on me.
  • Is there there any confirmed UK start date for final series of The Bridge yet?
  • I

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

It’s so weird,.....Soprano’s is for me the best TV series ever and Gomorrah is running it close.....but I really couldn’t get into B.B. I gave up after about 4 or 5 episodes as it just wasn’t grabbing me.

I’m not sure why?!? Maybe I should try it again?
    The thing with Breaking Bad is that it becomes a brilliant show from season 3 onwards. The first 2 seasons are good but it really ups the ante after that
  • Watched episodes 5 & 6 of Gomorrah series 3 last night. Just can't get over how good it continues to be. Never a dull episode. Best thing I've ever seen for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

Watched episodes 5 & 6 of Gomorrah series 3 last night. Just can't get over how good it continues to be. Never a dull episode. Best thing I've ever seen for sure.

Finished it last night. As the youth would say - OMG!
  • cafc4life said:

Watched episodes 5 & 6 of Gomorrah series 3 last night. Just can't get over how good it continues to be. Never a dull episode. Best thing I've ever seen for sure.

This series looks fan-fucking-tastic in UHD too.
  • Is there there any confirmed UK start date for final series of The Bridge yet?

Not that I have heard of, and I am always looking out for it. All we have been told is that it will move to BBC2. I can't understand what they are waiting for now. Its a series that should be watched in winter, and always has been. Furthermore it is already half way through its run in Sweden and Denmark, so the plot is out there.

I am a big supporter of the BBC but sometimes I want to get hold of some of the people there and shake some sense into them
  • Watched all of Maltese - the mafia detective and thought it was very good.

Not that I have heard of, and I am always looking out for it. All we have been told is that it will move to BBC2. I can't understand what they are waiting for now. Its a series that should be watched in winter, and always has been. Furthermore it is already half way through its run in Sweden and Denmark, so the plot is out there.

I am a big supporter of the BBC but sometimes I want to get hold of some of the people there and shake some sense into them

They're waiting for that 1145pm Tuesday night slot to open up.
  • Just watched the first episode of Juventus:First team on netflix ... a nice saturday morning watch, maybe Alan Pardoo could show it to a few of his players ...
  • Very sad to see the great John Cleese involved in yet another appalling British Terry and June attempt at situation comedy. Exactly how much money does he owe his ex wives that he demeans himself like this.
  • Very sad to see the great John Cleese involved in yet another appalling British Terry and June attempt at situation comedy. Exactly how much money does he owe his ex wives that he demeans himself like this.

Couldn't agree more. The missus and me lasted about 10 minutes into it before turning over. How you can have such a great cast of Cleese and Alison Steadman supported by Jason Watkins and turn out such utter, dated garbage I just don't know.

Maybe we weren't the target audience or somthing but jeez that's a stinker.

Couldn't agree more. The missus and me lasted about 10 minutes into it before turning over. How you can have such a great cast of Cleese and Alison Steadman supported by Jason Watkins and turn out such utter, dated garbage I just don't know.

Maybe we weren't the target audience or somthing but jeez that's a stinker.
    Echo that. Had it on in the background whilst catching up on here earlier this evening. All I could think was that his ex-wife must really had screwed him that he had to resort to that rubbish.
  • Have been told to watch Sense Eight.

has anyone seen this? would you recommend?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

This series looks fan-fucking-tastic in UHD too.
    The lighting and photography is so brilliant I'm not surprised.

• btrain88 said:

Have been told to watch Sense Eight.

has anyone seen this? would you recommend?

I haven't seen it but it looks like the sort of thing the wife and I would enjoy so going to give it a go. it's the Wachowskis' first crack at tv so hopefully as good as their movies

• Finished Godless now, thoroughly enjoyed the last episode. Felt like they built it to a climax very well and although fairly slow paced through the start/middle they used that time to build the characters and gave the series a lot of atmosphere. Felt more like a film than a tv series in all the best ways and the acting was great across the board, especially by Jack OConnell. 8.5/10 at least.
  • I finally got round to watching Trauma, thought it was very disappointing. Promised alot in the first episode but got very predictable and not really that good a story line imo, could have done so much better.
  • Finished watching Requiem last night. I'd fallen asleep mid way through the series, but caught up easy enough. not enough questions answered for me but husband loved it.
  • edited February 2018
    Series 2 of Mum starts tonight at 10pm on BBC2

I'm sure some people on this thread watched the first series so posting as a reminder.
  • yeah looking forward to it. found the first series quite sweet.
  • Collateral anyone? I haven't watched any yet but am hopeful.
  • Riviera said:

Collateral anyone? I haven't watched any yet but am hopeful.

Only 2 episodes so far but enjoying it.
  • The Mrs getting very excited by Strike which starts on Sunday BBC1. She's reading the book atm, it's one of JK Rowlings. Saw a trailer and Super Hans is in it and he looks just like....Super Hans. I simply will not be able to take his character seriously and just expect to come out with some drug infused classic line at any moment.