Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just finished Gomorra season 3. My word, I'd love to say more but obviously don't want to spoil anything. What a show.
  • Valley11 said:

Anyone started Altered Carbon? Trailers looked amazing but it’s had some average reviews

Nine episodes in, really enjoyed it. I think it has successfully captured the cyberpunk look in places but looked cheap at times, surprising considering the money Netflix have put in to it. I have enjoyed the story and concepts but it is very poorly cast, Joel Kinnaman is a charisma sink and the two other actors playing the lead character are far superior. I am going to go buy the book off the back of this series.
  • I've just binged the first two series of 'Into the Badlands'. It's a flawed show but it's quite fun. Whoever decided to sign up Nick Frost as a Kung Fu master deserves kudos for the most left field casting of the year.
  • edited February 2018
    Anyone on here seen Love Sick? Only on Netflix, I think, but gets good reviews. They filmed some of it in our Glasgow flat but I've not managed to watch it.
  • I'm now 4 episodes into altered carbon. I'm still a little confused about what the hell is going on but I'm really enjoying it. his backpack is amazing
  • edited February 2018

Watched all 10 episodes of Sky'sRiviera. God knows why I didn't bail out way before the end but what a load of old tosh.

Abysmal wasn’t it. I’d have rather watched 10 hours of the view of the Riviera than see her face and hear her saying ‘clios’ again. Didn’t like a single character in it. No idea why we stuck with it.
  • edited February 2018

Watched all 10 episodes of Sky'sRiviera. God knows why I didn't bail out way before the end but what a load of old tosh.

Abysmal wasn’t it. I’d have rather watched 10 hours of the view of the Riviera than see her face and hear her saying ‘clios’ again. Didn’t like a single character in it. No idea why we stuck with it.
    Was it about me?
  • edited February 2018
    Have stuck Colateral on the old SkyQ planner. Heard the trailer on the radio tonight and sounds promising. Also the new ITV drama starring the excellent Adrian Lester starts on Monday too, series linked.
  • edited February 2018

Beds you are our Mark Kermode, you have to stick with things and watch them all even if they are crap!
  • Riviera said:

Abysmal wasn’t it. I’d have rather watched 10 hours of the view of the Rivera than see her face and hear her saying ‘clios’ again. Didn’t like a single character in it. No idea why we stuck with it.
    Beds you are our Mark Kermode, you have to stick with things and watch them all even if they are crap!
    Lol . That’s a curse i seem to be stuck with . I hate ditching a series half way through in case I’m missing something but life’s too short sometimes.
  • Sponsored links:

• McMafia went on too long.
    Next of Kin - am I the only one who thinks Jack Davenport looks and sounds like a young Steve Coogan ?
    Silent Witness is past its sell by date.
  • edited February 2018

McMafia went on too long.
    Next of Kin - am I the only one who thinks Jack Davenport looks and sounds like a young Steve Coogan ?

Starting to agree re silent witness. Plot lines are getting pretty tedious and wtf was that bit about last night where they were interwoven into the scene to show what happened in the crime?

All seemed a bit too much like Sherlock.
  • Two episodes to go of Altered Carbon. Enjoyable viewing although extremely graphic. Looks and feels like a Blade Runner knock off.
  • Tried altered carbon, seems a bit style of substance for me.. will give it another go at some point
  • McMafia went on too long.

Starting to agree re silent witness. Plot lines are getting pretty tedious and wtf was that bit about last night where they were interwoven into the scene to show what happened in the crime?

All seemed a bit too much like Sherlock.
    Totally agree, SA.

Like the series generally but last night's finale was crap.
  • Riviera said:

Whats the view on McMafia? I've got them all lined up on my planner.

It seems a bit like Marmite, I got bored with it and stopped watching.
    Same here
  • Just started watching Inside no 9. Three episodes into the first series and I'm completely hooked. Very clever TV
  • Just started watching Inside no 9. Three episodes into the first series and I'm completely hooked. Very clever TV

Watched the one from the other night, weird and funny. Will have to catch up with the others.
  • Very moving/poignant ending to Derry Girls s1.

a properly superb programme

it's rare that the BBC pull off comedy but this is right up there with the best

each episode is very different but all are great, I can't think of a weak one. the first episode of series 4 is, imo, one of the best episodes of any programme ever made
  • Sponsored links:

• Making my way through the latest series of Black Mirror. Enjoyed USS Callister the most so far but just watched Crocodile.... it surely has to be the worst BM episode made? I know it's dark show and I like that but this was bleak beyond bleak, and that ending... I mean, it was just laughable.
  • The Good Place is easy to watch.
  • McMafia kept up it's standard of being thoroughly underwhelming until the end!
  • I must admit that McMafia was waste of a huge budget, some great foreign actors and beautifully filmed locations.

On the other hand, I caught the first episode of Collateral on BBC2 tonight and thought it has a lot of promise. It's written by David Hare, so there is a bit of an agenda underneath the storyline which is fine by me but might grate with some.
  • John Simm had two new series starting tonight at the same time on different channels.

Collateral on BBC2 and Trauma on ITV

Went with trauma. Decent enough so far
  • John Simm had two new series starting tonight at the same time on different channels.

Not impressed to be honest.
  • I must admit that McMafia was waste of a huge budget, some great foreign actors and beautifully filmed locations.

On the other hand, I caught the first episode of Collateral on BBC2 tonight and thought it has a lot of promise. It's written by David Hare, so there is a bit of an agenda underneath the storyline which is fine by me but might grate with some.

The last two episodes were good but I think in reality it was a 4 episodes drawn out to 8 .
    Apparently a second season has s already been commissioned for 2019.

Not impressed to be honest.
    Collateral ok, but Trauma a bit meh. I know that people react in different ways in times of grief, but don't believe anyone would act the way John Simm's character did.

Also, does John Simm have something written into his contract about having to have lesbian relationships in his programmes ??? Strange that both have this as a major part of the plot..........
  • Collateral had a rather florid and extravagant sense of the geography of London.
    Nevertheless it was London, which is good.
  • Enjoyed Collateral but Trauma needs to get better.