Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Gomorrah series 3 starts on Sky Atlantic in half hour
  • cafc4life said:

Gomorrah series 3 starts on Sky Atlantic in half hour

Whole series also available on UHD Sky box set.
  • Young Offenders on BBC3
  • I've enjoyed the first 4 or 5 episodes of 'The End of the F***ing World'. Barrel of laughs comedy, great for all the family :smile:
  • cafc4life said:

Gomorrah series 3 starts on Sky Atlantic in half hour

Whole series also available on UHD Sky box set.
    Just watched episodes 3 and 4. They kick it up another notch and open a door for the rest of the season. It really is compulsive viewing.
  • Might get some pelters for this and maybe even a few flags, but I really like Riverdale on netflix, guilty pleasure of mine
  • Chaz Hill said:

MrOneLung said:

Episodes 5 and 6 of McMafia were much better than 2,3 and 4

That's interesting. I was an initial cheerleader but had to confess after a while that I was becoming a bit disappointed. At least e6 was tense, but it still seemed implausible too often.

I think I've worked out what I most dislike. The woman playing Alex' girlfriend is grotesquely overacting, and I don't find the portrayal of her relationship with him at all convincing. It's all part of the problem that they've tried to build a fiction script around a book which is non-fiction. Le Carre must be snorting with contempt, if he bothers to watch.

Good for us in Prague to see Karel Roden (playing the Czech guy) get a decent run out in e6 (and survive it). Almost guarantees that Czech TV will buy it.

I’m still enjoying it and far better than most other weekend offerings. I know what you mean about the girlfriend. Comes across as a real misery. Alex still also gives the impression of being a bit dense.

The storyline is interesting and helpfully keeps shining a light on what our Russian ‘friends’ are up to right under our noses.
    Seems to be working although I won’t count on too much being done. Too many fingers in the pie. Also we are going to need all this Russian money post Brexit.

https://news.sky.com/story/russian-oligarchs-will-have-to-account-for-wealth-11234282
  • Watched Requiem last night (BBC1) in one hit. Enjoyed it, not the worst ending but a few things left unexplained. Well made and acted.
  • edited February 2018
    Maltese:The Mafia detective.

Watched the first two and have been impressed so far.
  • Whats the view on McMafia? I've got them all lined up on my planner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone started Altered Carbon? Trailers looked amazing but it’s had some average reviews
  • Riviera said:

Whats the view on McMafia? I've got them all lined up on my planner.

It seems a bit like Marmite, I got bored with it and stopped watching.
  • MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

Episode 1 good.
    2 ok
    3,4,bit slow and plodding
    5 ok
    6,7 Good
    Agree. And if you were a fan of The Night Manager, consider that this doesn't have the benefit of a Le Carre storyline. Some things stretch credulity.

But a big budget is lavishly spent, with noted Czech and Russian actors in key roles.
  • Riviera said:

It seems a bit like Marmite, I got bored with it and stopped watching.
    I gave up after episode 1.
  • edited February 2018
    Has anyone watched Gotham, and if so would you recommend it?

I was thinking about starting it but just realised there are 22 episodes per season (!) which has put me off a bit!
  • For those that like docu/drama Wormwood is well worth a watch. It's a conspiracy documentary around the suicide of a scientist and how it impacted on his son over the following 50 years. Quality cast but they are a side note and didn't need to be cast. The interviews with the son are a lesson for anyone who has failed to 'move on'.
  • Has anyone watched Gotham, and if so would you recommend it?

I was thinking about starting it but just realised there are 22 episodes per season (!) which has put me off a bit!

Mr F is slowly working his way through the seasons & enjoying them despite the gore.
  • Thought Kiri was good but found the ending a little disappointing
  • Riviera said:

Watched Requiem last night (BBC1) in one hit. Enjoyed it, not the worst ending but a few things left unexplained. Well made and acted.

Was great until the last two episodes, the ending was abysmal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another vote here for The End of the F***ing World - watched the first five episodes and hoping to finish it off tonight. Very funny.
  • Has anyone watched Gotham, and if so would you recommend it?

Quite like it, I happily binged the first couple of seasons and goes at a high pace, there isn't an episode where nothing happens that's for sure.

It took me a bit of getting used to as I found it a bit more hammed up than the current string of "gritty" superhero, particularly Batman, films. More old school Batman style, no WHAM and KAPOW but a little cheesier than the current theme
  • Valley11 said:

Anyone started Altered Carbon? Trailers looked amazing but it’s had some average reviews

have watched 2 and fell asleep during the 3rd but that was due to having stayed up for the superbowl the night before

I'm still a little lost as there's a lot going on but think it's going to be good
  • se9addick said:

Another vote here for The End of the F***ing World - watched the first five episodes and hoping to finish it off tonight. Very funny.

Recovering from a bit of surgery so have a couple of days to slob around watching telly. Just binge watched all 8 episodes one after the other. They are quite short and it almost felt like watching a movie. A bit odd but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • on bbc3/iplayer - Young Offenders - set in Cork. put it on last night as a punt. hilarious.
  • Did anyone see Next Of Kin through ?

All a bit meh to me.
  • Watched all 10 episodes of Sky'sRiviera. God knows why I didn't bail out way before the end but what a load of old tosh.
  • on bbc3/iplayer - Young Offenders - set in Cork. put it on last night as a punt. hilarious.

There’s a full length feature film on Netflix.
  • MrOneLung said:

Did anyone see Next Of Kin through ?

All a bit meh to me.

Yes I stuck with it but I felt I was watching it for the sake of it, poor acting, poor plot and some scenes that were simply too far fetched.
  • Starting Altered Carbon