Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Hard Sun. What a load of shite!

Tad harsh, but I was looking forward to the billed “post-apocalypse” and it’s pre-apocalypse.
    You've got to have a pre-apocalypse before you can have a post-apocalypse.
    Indeed, but then just bill it as “apocalyptic”.
  • https://youtu.be/UFmFuXH0IRY

Looking forward to this.

The first two episodes have been very funny and would recommend it.
  • https://youtu.be/UFmFuXH0IRY

Looking forward to this.

Have to say, I laughed my bolocks off. Particularly the one with Ian Paisley on TV in ep. 2
  • edited January 2018
    Anyon watch SAS who dares last night?

I never normally watch it, but the background story of the fella who had to leave after getting injured was by far one of the most shocking recounts I've heard on TV. Or anywhere else for that matter.
  • Not going through pages to check...

MANHUNT: Unabomber

Fantastic, based on real events... Well worth a watch. 8 Episodes, Netflix, 2 big-ish names and fantastic chemistry.

Really, really enjoyable.

8/10
  • Dazzler21 said:

Not going through pages to check...

Fantastic, based on real events... Well worth a watch. 8 Episodes, Netflix, 2 big-ish names and fantastic chemistry.

8/10

Really enjoyed it, just a shame they completely made
    most of the last episode up, the 2 have never met!
  • Anyon watch SAS who dares last night?

I never normally watch it, but the background story of the fella who had to leave after getting injured was by far one of the most shocking recounts I've heard on TV. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Yeh love that programme.

Massive respect to that bloke. How he's still going after something like that is incredible.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Not going through pages to check...

8/10

Really enjoyed it, just a shame they completely made
    most of the last episode up, the 2 have never met!
    Yeah I thought that, but reading he real life blokes comments (he helped direct it) he stated the main character was like the whole team rolled into one person.

I’m not sure the real version went to live in the woods for 2 years either.
  • Travelers is pretty good but the American accents pass me by...and I spent a year in Chicago once!
  • Has anyone seen 'This is us' on Amazon Prime? Only started watching it about 4 days ago and have just finished episode 15. It is seriously good if you like swooping inter-generational family dramas. Superd writing, acting and the way the story is told with time-line shifts and flashbacks from the 40s to the present day is very effective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah have seen the first series. Is season 2 on there?
    My mum suggested it last year after she saw the first episode and the shock at the ending and we were hooked.
  • Gave up on McMafia this week, bored to the core with it.
  • Has anyone seen 'This is us' on Amazon Prime? Only started watching it about 4 days ago and have just finished episode 15. It is seriously good if you like swooping inter-generational family dramas. Superd writing, acting and the way the story is told with time-line shifts and flashbacks from the 40s to the present day is very effective.

one of my favourite shows, really good characters and only 1 slightly weak episode in the 2 seasons
  • rina said:

Has anyone seen 'This is us' on Amazon Prime? Only started watching it about 4 days ago and have just finished episode 15. It is seriously good if you like swooping inter-generational family dramas. Superd writing, acting and the way the story is told with time-line shifts and flashbacks from the 40s to the present day is very effective.

one of my favourite shows, really good characters and only 1 slightly weak episode in the 2 seasons
    We loved this series too.
  • rina said:

Has anyone seen 'This is us' on Amazon Prime? Only started watching it about 4 days ago and have just finished episode 15. It is seriously good if you like swooping inter-generational family dramas. Superd writing, acting and the way the story is told with time-line shifts and flashbacks from the 40s to the present day is very effective.

rina said:

Where did you watch season 2?
  • edited January 2018
    MrOneLung said:

rina said:

rina said:

just asked the wife this and it turns out I haven't. think I just assumed it was 2 seasons as there were so many episodes

going to have to find where to watch it now
  • rina said:

MrOneLung said:

rina said:

rina said:

just asked the wife this and it turns out I haven't. think I just assumed it was 2 seasons as there were so many episodes

going to have to find where to watch it now
    Rumour has it that it can be found with one of those Kodi boxes.
  • edited January 2018
    Watched s tthe first two episodes of Hard Sun. Ten minutes Into episode 3 I just decided it was crap and switched off.

Now watching Manhunt Unabomber. Much better.
  • Gave up on McMafia this week, bored to the core with it.

And where are the jocks?
  • I am not giving up on McMafia, but certainly last week's episode left me feeling that it isn't living up to expectations. Seems to me that the main reason is that expectations are based around the quality of The Night Manager. It's got most of the same ingredients; high production values, authentic location, investment in casting, topical and thought-provoking theme. People are focusing on the casting as not delivering but more significiant is that the storyline framework for The Night Manager is provided by a master: Le Carre. McMafia is inspired by a book which is not a novel. It has had to create its own storyline from scratch. The Night Manager cast were able to sit down and read their richly described characters. The much criticised James Norton does not have that advantage, his character is a product only of the TV scriptwriters.

I read somewhere that the BBC considered a sequel to The Night Manager - which would have been a throughly bad idea. I suspect McMafia was their alternative. Perhaps they should just go back to other Le Carre novels which have not yet been turned into films. Their version of "Tinker Tailor" in the 80s remains one of their finest ever dramas.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m not giving up on McFafia either but boy is the leading actor dull as ditchwater.
  • I’m not giving up on McFafia either but boy is the leading actor dull as ditchwater.

And tipped for the next James Bond role !
  • dogpat65 said:

https://youtu.be/UFmFuXH0IRY

Looking forward to this.

Have to say, I laughed my bolocks off. Particularly the one with Ian Paisley on TV in ep. 2
    First couple of episodes have been funny, think it might get a bit samey after a while though.
  • Kiri is decent
  • se9addick said:

dogpat65 said:

https://youtu.be/UFmFuXH0IRY

Looking forward to this.

First couple of episodes have been funny, think it might get a bit samey after a while though.
    Agreed. I properly laughed out loud when the girl compared the starving African kid to Bobby Sands.
  • Britannia. Thoughts?
  • Britannia. Thoughts?

Not seen it but the trailers don’t do it any favours .
  • Britannia. Thoughts?

Mr F said he'll give it another go next week (the series !) but it's not my cup of tea.
  • Britannia. Thoughts?

Not sure. Enjoyed bits of it but felt a bit like it was commissioned specifically to pick up GofT fans. Good enough for me to watch another episode.

• Britannia. Thoughts?

Will give episode 2 a go but felt British history is interesting enough to do without all the spiritual magic crap that took up most of episode 1