Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Survival of the Fittest - Dont bother, i know its clear its along the same lines of Love Island/ Geordie Shore etc. however i actually enjoy those programmes this is the worst one i have seen and i watch alot of them. Watched the first one and flicked over yesterday just seems like its like all the others and there is no originality and people have nothing to them.

Trauma, i have recorded shall start watching some point this week.
  • edited February 2018
    Young Offenders is really funny, it's set in Cork so some of the accents are impenetrable but despite only understanding about 60% of what was going on it was funny and actually a little moving.
  • se9addick said:

Young Offenders is really funny, it's set in Cork so some of the accents are impenetrable but despite only understanding about 60% of what was going on it was funny and actually a little moving.

Whats that on? has it started already? i heard of this but haven't seen when it started.
  • se9addick said:

Whats that on? has it started already? i heard of this but haven't seen when it started.
    Its on BBC Three (only available online) but episodes one and two are currently available on BBC catch up
  • Trauma - there has got to be some twist other than it being distraught Dad trying to prove Doctor negligent.
  • se9addick said:

I’m glad it’s not just me. 60% was more than I understood......but what I could understand was very funny.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Its on BBC Three (only available online) but episodes one and two are currently available on BBC catch up
    Thanks, i shall have a look when i get a chance.
  • There’s talk of a cross over of Derry Girls and Young Offenders.
  • Is Trauma one of the most predictable things on TV?
    Literally sat there saying what the next scene would be 6/7 times during that 2nd episode.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't looked at Collateral yet but watched Trauma in one hit today. Had a lot going for it, two great leading actors, an oh too familiar subject in the modern world, a nice bit of envy coming through with the polls apart lifestyles of the two families involved and totally watchable until the concluding episode. What is it with writers these days? They have great plot lines but shit awful endings! The whole thing petered out into a waste of 3 hours which was annoying as it had so much early promise.
    Hoping for better from Collateral which to me looks like a modern day State of Play.
  • My take on Trauma.
    Episode 1 - a bit predictable
    Episode 2 - extremely predictable
    Episode 3 - excellent first half/40 minutes folllowed by a shit ending.
  • Recently started and have now caught up with Schitts Creek and started watching LA to Vegas
  • Stranger Things on Netflix. Not my cup of tea on paper but it was epic and was hooked.
  • The Outsiders on Netflix. Enjoying it.

Shetland. Excellent cast and good pedigree from the first three series. Struggled a bit with the first episode of series 4 which was big on moody atmospheric shots but quite low in substance I thought. Will persevere.
  • Ending in Trauma pissed me right off
  • Thought the ending in Trauma was excellent. Simm got his revenge with no bloodshed.
  • Thought the ending in Trauma was excellent. Simm got his revenge with no bloodshed.

Kin hell. Won’t bother now then
  • edited February 2018
    Just catching up on Derry Girls - have watched 4 out of 6.

So funny, the Grandad's treatment of the Dad and the attitude of the headteacher nun are brilliant, but Michelle is the star for me.

The chip shop episode was superb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just catching up on Derry Girls - have watched 4 out of 6.

So funny, the Grandad's treatment of the Dad and the attitude of the headteacher nun are brilliant, but Michelle is the star for me.

Ive tried to get into this but it’s not happening. The main girl is so irritating with her face gurning it’s annoying me .
  • Just catching up on Derry Girls - have watched 4 out of 6.

Ive tried to get into this but it’s not happening. The main girl is so irritating with her face gurning it’s annoying me .
    I don't mind it, the show is daft so it fits.
  • edited February 2018
    Bliss......when the idea for this was pitched a group of senior experienced professionals said yes....this will make a good show. WTF! I could watch only 20 mins but it has to be the absolute worst typically British sitcom since Terry and June!
  • Bliss......when the idea for this was pitched a group of senior experienced professionals said yes....this will make a good show. WTF! I could watch only 20 mins but it has to be the absolute worst typically British sitcom since Terry and June!

Haha. That last statement is the clincher. I’ll delete and take series link off then
  • Really enjoyed Altered Carbon, binged on it last weekend. I think they left it open enough to have a second series.

Really disappointed with Discovery, such a lame/contrived ending. Did enjoy the plot twists throughout the series though, just wished they hadn't ended it their.

One for you, if you like weird scifi, Dirk Gently. Two seasons on Netflix. It's all about left field and bizarre but good fun.
  • Watched both John Sims' dramas this week. Trauma was truly awful from the moment Sims started shouting about having to wait five minutes for a senior surgeon to come talk to him (err busy trying to save son's life) and then strolling into the operating theatre. The shock of some drunken tosser shouting at the surgical team may have led to a mistake (nobody seemed to suss that).

Collateral is better fare with a great cast although it had it's jump the shark moment right at the beginning when a Syrian pizza delivery rider just arrived in London is told to go to an address and is then seen riding his bike over the Albert Bridge and appears to find the address with little effort. These TV dramas always have to feature bridges or tunnels to show it's London I suppose (the worse offender in recent times - Marcella - is back next week).

The big difference between the two dramas was London's population. In Collateral we saw just about every race/national type (plus gay female vicar) London has to offer in the first 15 minutes. Also set in London, Trauma appeared to feature only all white schools and hospitals, and streets. Only the surgeon and his family were black. And whilst class envy appeared to be rearing its ugly head, never a hint that the irrational behaviour of the Sims character might be race driven.
  • I gave up on altered carbon after episode 4 as I had no clue what was going on due to a combination of mumbling actors and shocking sound levels (the mumbling dialogue was also really quiet while the sound effects were loud). a real shame as I enjoyed it while I could understand it
  • Valley11 said:

Three episodes into season 3 of Gomorrah. So far it’s as brilliant as ever.
    In my view, in its entirety, it’s the best thing since Breaking Bad.

Agreed. I’m up to episode eight and it gets better and better .
    I would go as far to say that it’s in my top five TV shows of all time .
    Top three for me. BB, Sopranos and Gomorrah.