Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Riviera said:

The Mrs getting very excited by Strike which starts on Sunday BBC1. She's reading the book atm, it's one of JK Rowlings. Saw a trailer and Super Hans is in it and he looks just like....Super Hans. I simply will not be able to take his character seriously and just expect to come out with some drug infused classic line at any moment.

Yeah, series 3 (book 3) starts Sunday.

They filmed all 3 at the same time but decided to show 1 and 2 towards the end of last year and save 3 for early 2018
    I've enjoyed the books which are much better written than her Harry Potter works. The TV show I've found only so-so. The bloke doesn't look gritty enough.
  • LenGlover said:

Am I alone in watching and enjoying Endeavour?

Depends. Is there anyone on the sofa next to you?
  • LenGlover said:

moved back into my parents so me and the wife can save for a deposit. She and my dad have taken to watching a lot of tv together this is one they both enjoy.
  • LenGlover said:

This thread is "NEW" TV series Len. Endeavour is like posting Frank Bough on my Celebs still alive thread.
  • Watched an episode of Strike last night by chance when at my parents, quite enjoyed it to be fair. Thought the main characters had good chemistry. Might have to try and catch next weeks to see how the storyline wraps up

Yes they did and considering this is the 3rd series it's absolutely ridiculous that she never revealed her rape to him before.
  • Riviera said:

Watched an episode of Strike last night by chance when at my parents, quite enjoyed it to be fair. Thought the main characters had good chemistry. Might have to try and catch next weeks to see how the storyline wraps up

Yes they did and considering this is the 3rd series it's absolutely ridiculous that she never revealed her rape to him before.
    Why is it? It's unlikely to feature on many CV's
  • Riviera said:

Watched an episode of Strike last night by chance when at my parents, quite enjoyed it to be fair. Thought the main characters had good chemistry. Might have to try and catch next weeks to see how the storyline wraps up

You didn't watch it. Come back when you have.
  • Finished Derry Girls. Loved every episode. The ending was particularly good, on the lines of Blackadder with the field of poppies.

Another vote for Derry Girls. (I have some friends who have also enjoyed it but have to have subtitles turned on!)
  • LenGlover said:

moved back into my parents so me and the wife can save for a deposit. She and my dad have taken to watching a lot of tv together this is one they both enjoy.
    Think I've seen that one on xhamster.

• Two old shows which are new to me:

The Frankenstein Chronicles. Sean Bean starring vehicle similar to Ripper Street.
    Jack Taylor. A Galway based detective show with Iain Glen (Game of Thrones).

Both are well made with perfectly cast leads. Netflix will hopefully give both new audiences and further episodes.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

LenGlover said:

Think I've seen that one on xhamster.

If not Jeremy Kyle.
  • cafcfan said:

Finished Derry Girls. Loved every episode. The ending was particularly good, on the lines of Blackadder with the field of poppies.

Another vote for Derry Girls. (I have some friends who have also enjoyed it but have to have subtitles turned on!)
    There have been times I've been looking for that button myself.
  • Just finished End of the f***ing world, certainly hope a second series is made. Didn't find it especially funny just enjoyed it as a dark drama.
  • johnny73 said:

Two old shows which are new to me:

The Frankenstein Chronicles. Sean Bean starring vehicle similar to Ripper Street.
    Jack Taylor. A Galway based detective show with Iain Glen (Game of Thrones).

Both are well made with perfectly cast leads. Netflix will hopefully give both new audiences and further episodes.

Jack Taylor is very good, filmed in and around Sligo Town.
  • Riviera said:

The Mrs getting very excited by Strike which starts on Sunday BBC1. She's reading the book atm, it's one of JK Rowlings. Saw a trailer and Super Hans is in it and he looks just like....Super Hans. I simply will not be able to take his character seriously and just expect to come out with some drug infused classic line at any moment.

Yeah, series 3 (book 3) starts Sunday.

They filmed all 3 at the same time but decided to show 1 and 2 towards the end of last year and save 3 for early 2018
    I've enjoyed the books which are much better written than her Harry Potter works. The TV show I've found only so-so. The bloke doesn't look gritty enough.
    I thought the same when I saw the first stills of them filming, but I actually think he's a really good Strike.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I have, and read it. I don't think it was weird she hadn't before then.
  • Collateral had a poor episode last night.
  • Enjoying season 2 of 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency'. Not sure I really know what the hell is going on (probably kind of the point) but I enjoy its weirdness and it is pretty funny too. AT least as good as the first season, so far at least.
  • Anyone seen Vikings on Amazon? Debating whether to start it
  • Valley11 said:

Anyone seen Vikings on Amazon? Debating whether to start it

Loved it so far. One of my favourite series
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    Valley11 said:

Vikings took me half a season to get into but then I binge watched the lot. If you like big budget historical epics (it's not like that from the start) I'd highly recommend it.
  • Damned, what a load of shit
  • Save Me on Sky Atlantic is decent. Good cast and set locally.

All episodes available on UHD box set too.
  • Valley11 said:

Gave up on it half way through season 3 . It got incredibly dull .
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I have, and read it. I don't think it was weird she hadn't before then.
    Same here.

"I did a secretarial course after I was raped." doesn't sound like the best interview technique.
  • Shetland was very good last night. Intriguing storyline.
  • Shetland was very good last night. Intriguing storyline.

Glad to hear. I’ve sky plussed it to watch tonight. Been struggling a bit with this series so far. All a bit style over substance for me so far despite really enjoying previous series. Good to know it’s picking up.
  • Mindhunter & Manhunt: Unabomber

Both on Netflix
  • Enjoying season 2 of 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency'. Not sure I really know what the hell is going on (probably kind of the point) but I enjoy its weirdness and it is pretty funny too. AT least as good as the first season, so far at least.

I was hoping this was going to be a second series of the proper Stephen Mangan version. Might have to see if I can find this one on Kodi...
  • Valley11 said:

Think Vikings is class. The guy who plays Ragnar is incredible, haven't watched s5 so far but loved all the seasons before.