Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Enjoying the little nods to other programmes in "Endeavour". In last week's the aristocrat was Lady Creighton-Ward, and in the previous week's they visited Crossroads Motel in Kings Oak. Also enjoying the "left wing" storylines that would have certain people frothing like billy-o had it been aired on a certain other TV channel... :wink:

• Just finished Save Me.

It's probably the best original Sky Atlantic TV series they have done so far.

Lennie James and Stephen Graham are fantastic but remind me not to go for a drink in that pub. The locals are bloody weird.

I’m murder when something is set in or around a location I think I should know.

I couldn’t place that boozer in Lewisham so looked it up......it’s in Mile End.
  • Enjoying the little nods to other programmes in "Endeavour". In last week's the aristocrat was Lady Creighton-Ward, and in the previous week's they visited Crossroads Motel in Kings Oak. Also enjoying the "left wing" storylines that would have certain people frothing like billy-o had it been aired on a certain other TV channel... :wink:

I thought the last series was not as good as previous, so pleased to see it back as it was.
  • edited March 2018
    Modus finished last night. Thought it a decent thriller, not much more. Next week in that slot, a new Danish drama, including at least one actor who appeared in Modus.

And more importantly, no sign, no word of "the Bridge". I cannot understand what the BBC are playing at. If by some piece of luck an illegal stream appears with English subs, I think as many people as possible should download it and shake them out of their island complacency.

Meantime here is a nice little video clip where they discuss Saga's Porsche.

Edit: Ahem...

• Just finished Save Me.

It's probably the best original Sky Atlantic TV series they have done so far.

Lennie James and Stephen Graham are fantastic but remind me not to go for a drink in that pub. The locals are bloody weird.

Pretty accurate depiction of Deptford!
  • I'm half way through the first season of The Tick. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it ( not into the Marvel or DC television shows) but it's been surprisingly good.
  • I'm half way through the first season of The Tick. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it ( not into the Marvel or DC television shows) but it's been surprisingly good.

Yes - I was pleasantly surprised. If it had not had Peter Serafinowicz in it I would never have even considered watching it to be honest.
  • Modus finished last night. Thought it a decent thriller, not much more. Next week in that slot, a new Danish drama, including at least one actor who appeared in Modus.

And more importantly, no sign, no word of "the Bridge". I cannot understand what the BBC are playing at. If by some piece of luck an illegal stream appears with English subs, I think as many people as possible should download it and shake them out of their island complacency.

If you have Kodi it's available with subs, it finished 2 weeks ago so I can't see why BBC haven't started it yet.

I've seen them all and I'll say nothing but I'll miss Saga now it's all over, probably my favourite show of the last few years.
  • Sir Chris Powell is excellent in Save Me on Sky Atlantic. Suranne Jones accent is changeable though.
  • Modus finished last night. Thought it a decent thriller, not much more. Next week in that slot, a new Danish drama, including at least one actor who appeared in Modus.

Seeing as our game was postponed I had a blank Saturday so managed to finish of the last 2 episodes of Spiral that I had recorded as well as recorded episodes 5 & 6 of Modus just in time to watch the final 2 last night (so around 5 hours of silence at home as most is subtitles). I admit I missed around 10 mins of Modus so was a bit confused at the end what the motive was, therefore...........spoiler alert.........

why was the arab bloke involved - was it to do with his brothers death (and was it The President he dated & if so why was it never mentioned before) or to do with the fact his security company was being binned ??

• Sponsored links:

• Yep. 3 episodes into Save Me & I'm hooked. Brilliant cast

Same here. Going to watch the final 3 today.
  • Sir Chris Powell is excellent in Save Me on Sky Atlantic. Suranne Jones accent is changeable though.

Yeah her accent is a bit weird.

Still been really good so far - I've seen 3 episodes.

Seeing as our game was postponed I had a blank Saturday so managed to finish of the last 2 episodes of Spiral that I had recorded as well as recorded episodes 5 & 6 of Modus just in time to watch the final 2 last night (so around 5 hours of silence at home as most is subtitles). I admit I missed around 10 mins of Modus so was a bit confused at the end what the motive was, therefore...........spoiler alert.........

why was the arab bloke involved - was it to do with his brothers death (and was it The President he dated & if so why was it never mentioned before) or to do with the fact his security company was being binned ??

Yes, pretty confusing, wasn't it. I am not sure if he dated her but he had contributed to and supported her campaign. Probably better not to say more for spoiler reasons, not that i am 100% sure anyway of his role. There might be some blog on it somewhere which might tell us, I will post it up if I find one.
  • I’m quite enjoying Rebecka Martinsson. (Not in a biblical way) the tv show.
  • Enjoying the little nods to other programmes in "Endeavour". In last week's the aristocrat was Lady Creighton-Ward, and in the previous week's they visited Crossroads Motel in Kings Oak. Also enjoying the "left wing" storylines that would have certain people frothing like billy-o had it been aired on a certain other TV channel... :wink:

especially when one of the characters mentioned was Amy Turtle !!
  • Watching Life and Dean Row episode 3
    Hearing what this Jack Jones bloke done, Jesus Christ. Tough to watch.
  • Requiem - six hours of my life i wont get back ...
  • Just finished Save Me. Really hope there’s a second series.
  • Watching Life and Dean Row episode 3
    Hearing what this Jack Jones bloke done, Jesus Christ. Tough to watch.

Watching it now. Really wouldn't care if the execution went wrong and this piece of shit suffered.
  • Watched Call the Midwife tonight followed by the last episode of Strike.....

...and I'm an emotional wreck !

'Nuff said if you haven't seen either or both.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    Enjoying Professor T on more four,the Belgium's can do something right, also enjoying watching Young Offenders

especially when one of the characters mentioned was Amy Turtle !!
    Yes - the cleaner, I had forgotten that! :smile:
  • Requiem - six hours of my life i wont get back ...

I enjoyed it until the "and then we all went home for tea..." ending. I had a feeling that was coming, mind you. WTF was that about?
  • *Very slight Save Me spoilers below!*

Found Save Me a frustrating ending but very well done and realistic. Guessing it will lead to a second series, there were a lot of open ends.

The pool hall scene was so unbelievably tense, and the bit with the truck made me jump! Good programme - Lennie James is a fantastic actor, as it Stephen Graham.

Agree with all of this
  • Did anyone on here watch Westworld when it was out? I thought it was brilliant, second season has been announced for late April (22nd?). Counting down the days.
  • Did anyone on here watch Westworld when it was out? I thought it was brilliant, second season has been announced for late April (22nd?). Counting down the days.

Oh nice one didn’t know that, will get that series linked
  • The giant big black cat in Catford featured in Strike last night. Never quite worked out why!
  • The giant big black cat in Catford featured in Strike last night. Never quite worked out why!

You're lucky if that was the only thing you couldn't work out in Strike. I had no clue what was going on with the whole show!
  • Missed It said:

The giant big black cat in Catford featured in Strike last night. Never quite worked out why!

You're lucky if that was the only thing you couldn't work out in Strike. I had no clue what was going on with the whole show!
    Not the whole show but the ending really. I thought I must have missed something in the first episode or I had forgotten something as I couldn't work out who the bloke was who did it. I know there was 3 "perps" they were chasing up, but lost the plot with the 3rd one. I would have been best to simply have it as a 2 hour mystery/thriller like Mores, Lewis, Vera, Endevour etc.