Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Watched a few episodes of German show 'Dark' on netflix. Good so far, though a little confusing working out who is who at times. Thankfully you can drop the dubbed version in favour of the original with subtitles.
  • New series coming on the beeb next week

“Some clubs do “Ave” Em”

starring Roland Duchelet as the beleaguered owner of Charlton Athletic.
  • Thought the latest series of Shetland was pretty good.

Also agree Border Town on Netflix was an interesting watch. A few too many coincidences here and there but what the heck.
  • Anyone watching Contagion! On BBC 4? Scary stuff, basically if a pandemic flu hit these shores with a 2% mortality rate like the Spanish flu, nearly 900k die before a vaccination can even be made
  • Watched the four episodes of Collateral last night and tonight.

Really enjoyed it, hope there is a second series.
  • Talal said:

Watched a few episodes of German show 'Dark' on netflix. Good so far, though a little confusing working out who is who at times. Thankfully you can drop the dubbed version in favour of the original with subtitles.

Watched it all, not gunna lie it doesn't get much less confusing, if anything its more confusing. Its a lot easier with subtitles but is really good
  • I've been enjoying SMILF and High Maintenance this week (only watched a couple of episodes of each). Ricky Gervais' Humanity on Netflix was also pretty good.
  • edited March 2018

Bit late to the party but watched episode one of Orange is the new black, was ok first episode but will need to watch more to make any judgements. recorded of Demand but didn't realise they kept doing them so need to use mates netflix for next 6 episodes then i can start watching on TV.

Proper bingeing this lately, been watching on netflix and onto Series 2 Ep 9 now. Enjoying it, easy to watch.
  • Just finished 'The Punisher'.

Thought it was great. Gory and fun. Recommended.
  • Bit late to the party but watched episode one of Orange is the new black, was ok first episode but will need to watch more to make any judgements. recorded of Demand but didn't realise they kept doing them so need to use mates netflix for next 6 episodes then i can start watching on TV.

Proper bingeing this lately, been watching on netflix and onto Series 2 Ep 9 now. Enjoying it, easy to watch.
    Series 3 was so bad I couldn't stomach series 4&5.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit late to the party but watched episode one of Orange is the new black, was ok first episode but will need to watch more to make any judgements. recorded of Demand but didn't realise they kept doing them so need to use mates netflix for next 6 episodes then i can start watching on TV.

Shame as someone did post on here saying Series 5 was the best yet, still alot to watch feels like i have watched alot already lol.
  • Getting back into Vikings as I kept forgetting catch up. Loving Series 5 so far, about half way through now.
  • The giant big black cat in Catford featured in Strike last night. Never quite worked out why!

Cos they were in Catford? Maybe?

Shame as someone did post on here saying Series 5 was the best yet, still alot to watch feels like i have watched alot already lol.
    If you are ok with subtitles there is a Spanish female prison drama available on All 4 called "Locked Up", which in my opinion is better than OITNB.
  • edited March 2018
    Just finished off the series of Laudermilk on Amazon. Passed me by until now.

It's a series about a drink and drugs counsellor set in Seattle. Really enjoyed the development of each of the characters in the group and his relationship with those close to him. Difficult to pigeonhole it as pure comedy but I loved his caustic/cynical approach to life and the interaction between the group members.

"https://youtu.be/soHhYqXyUlY"
  • Sorry if already mentioned way back but I’ve just discovered STILL GAME. I don’t know how I’ve not heard of it. Very funny.
  • Acab said:

Sorry if already mentioned way back but I’ve just discovered STILL GAME. I don’t know how I’ve not heard of it. Very funny.

Cheers for mentioning this one @Acab

Being of a Scottish persuasion I can’t heartily recommend this. Now on season 8 and they are all on net flicks. It’s a follow on from a much earlier sketch series called Chewin The Fat which is also on net flicks. Although a bit dated, it is equally hilarious.
  • edited April 2018
    Finished Vikings S5 now, quality. Lagertha is 100% dream woman

Waiting for the new series of Westworld like a kid waiting for Santa Claus to empty his sack.
  • One Strange Rock on Nat Geo. Some amazing pictures of Earth from both on and add planet.

Great insight from some renowned astronauts and is still excellent despite Will Smith narrating.

Well worth a watch.
  • Cunk on Britain. Funniest thing I've watched in ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone watching Come Home with christopher ecclestone?
    Finding it rather lacklustre and glad only got the 3rd episode to go.
  • I binge-watched an NBC series called This Is Us and really loved it. It is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Reminds me a little of Friday Night Lights and Parenthood. Highly recommended if you like those two shows.
  • Just caught up with Kiss Me First...Very kids orientated what with computer graphics and very loud five mins set in a club. But actually enjoyed not least because a/ rather engaging characters and b/ it appears to be set in Greenwich/Woolwich.
  • edited April 2018

Really enjoying Before we Die which concludes next week on Channel 4. On Netflix would recommend the Icelandic series Border Town, based close to St Petersburg. A good watch.

Me too. Big twist & cliffhanger at the end this week.
    Stig said:

Cunk on Britain. Funniest thing I've watched in ages.

I thought I wasn't going to like it but had me in fits from the start. Loved the bit about dinosaurs extinction due to going hungry (backdrop of dino skeleton from Natural History Museum) and the chalk drawings being the second offensive Hill after Benny......
  • MrOneLung said:

Anyone watching Come Home with christopher ecclestone?
    Finding it rather lacklustre and glad only got the 3rd episode to go.

Quite enjoying it. Think his new women is a right nutter & he should have binned her as soon as his kids disapproved. Loved his sons attitude. I thought the "twist" was going to be about their 3rd child (did Ecclestone sabotage their birth control ??) and not the eldest daughter.
  • I reckon he lied about a vasectomy for the 3rd kid.

• I binge-watched an NBC series called This Is Us and really loved it. It is one of the best TV series I have ever watched. Reminds me a little of Friday Night Lights and Parenthood. Highly recommended if you like those two shows.

Yep - we loved this series.
    Gonna binge watch the 2nd series soon.

SO glad you caught up with this series, Jessie.

We loved it !
  • Stig said:

Haven't laughed as much in a long time. Very funny - her timing is superb
  • edited April 2018

Stig said:

Haven't laughed as much in a long time. Very funny - her timing is superb
    Diane Morgan is brilliant and with the writing of Charlie Brooker behind her it was always going to be a winner in my household.

I expect she'll end up on the list of CL least favourite comediennes shortly if she's not there already though...