Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I know myself and others have waxed lyrical about it before but iPlayer currently has all 3 series of The Bridge on it for the next 2 months. Presumably available as a precursor to the 4th and final series being shown on BBC2 later this year.

If anyone wants an introduction into the very very best of subtitled foreign dramas then this is it. Just rewatched all three series. Didn't realise that the main criminal in the third series was the actor who played Christian in Before We Die. The 3rd series also included the woman who played Rebecka Martinsson.

Fwiw here are my top 5 foreign dramas

1 The Bridge
    2 Spiral
    3 The Killing
    4 Spin
    5 Braquo.

I have got so pissed off with the BBC holding it back (it has always been shown in the post Christmas winter slots up to now) that I have downloaded and started watching series 4 with decent unofficial subtitles. PM me if you want to know how. I have never been more pissed off with the BBC, although mainly for the politics underpinning their news. But they need a shake up and a reminder that we are customers in a globalised world.
    Anyway its as good as you'd expect. You won't see a finer, more nuanced performance of a flawed hero with specific personality issues than Sofie Helin as Saga.

Agree with your first three @bolloxbolder, although I'd struggle to decide on the order. After that I'd also be thinking about the Norwegian series Occupied, and the Icelandic Trapped, both of which are due a second series. Also one that has never been seen on UK TV, inexplicably, the Bureau, a French le Carre style spy drama. And we have perhaps forgotten the Swedish Wallander series which preceded them all. Braquo was a bit blunt for my taste.

• Loved Occupied but can't include it based on one series. I personally found Trapped slow and poor fare.
  • @Fanny Fanackapan try it for lifeline which starts on channel 4 this Sunday.

Thanks for the heads up.

Will give it a go.
  • edited April 2018
    Mr Robot series 3 and up to episode 3. This just gets better and better but it’s not one to binge watch as there is so much going on. You need to take a breather after each episode. The soundtrack, the storylines, the characters, the tone and style are just delicious. And Apple TV now have Amazon Prime Video so don’t have to stream it from the iPad anymore.
  • The big painting challenge on BBC1, God I haven't seen a painting that a five year old couldn't do. Having said that, it's very funny.
  • 13 Commandments- Belgian crime drama. Very good

Blimey Shooters, don't you have enough Belgian drama in your life?? :wink:
  • The big painting challenge on BBC1, God I haven't seen a painting that a five year old couldn't do. Having said that, it's very funny.

Not something I would watch but one of the contestants, Jane, is a neighbour of ours.
  • Anybody watched The Following?

Watched four episodes so far and not sure what to think. A little bit different to what I normally enjoy which isn't a bad thing.

Have to admit the acting isn't the best but I reckon I can just about ignore that.

As in the Kevin Bacon tv series??
    @cafcfan1990 you never answered??
    Sorry Paulie yes that’s the one. 45 episodes seems excessive and not sure it’s one I should confine with?

Watched four episodes so far and not sure what to think. A little bit different to what I normally enjoy which isn't a bad thing.

Have to admit the acting isn't the best but I reckon I can just about ignore that.

Sorry Paulie yes that’s the one. 45 episodes seems excessive and not sure it’s one I should confine with?
    Very good me and my partner enjoyed it.

First series excellent
    2nd series bit flat in places
    3rd series excellent.

Only issue is its left in a really annoying place.

Kevin Bacon said he expected a 4th series but it was cancelled so.the last episode is a cliff hanger that will never be answered
  • 1StevieG said:

Mr Robot series 3 and up to episode 3. This just gets better and better but it’s not one to binge watch as there is so much going on. You need to take a breather after each episode. The soundtrack, the storylines, the characters, the tone and style are just delicious. And Apple TV now have Amazon Prime Video so don’t have to stream it from the iPad anymore.

Season 3 was brilliant, maybe its best. There are some really intense and clever episodes.

It's a hugely underappreciated show but I also like that it's under the radar. Anyone who's seen it loves it.
  • Sponsored links:

Very good me and my partner enjoyed it.

First series excellent
    2nd series bit flat in places
    3rd series excellent.

Only issue is its left in a really annoying place.

Kevin Bacon said he expected a 4th series but it was cancelled so.the last episode is a cliff hanger that will never be answered
    thanks, will carry on with it then. Cliffhangers seem to be the way with a lot of these programmes anyway now so that doesn't bother me too much.
  • Apparently The Bridge is on BBC2 next month.
  • edited April 2018
    johnny73 said:

Apparently The Bridge is on BBC2 next month.

Dartford or Forth ??
  • johnny73 said:

Dartford or Forth ??
    Fourth
  • Just watched the first episode of Together. Good cast but cringemakingly awful I thought.
  • Stephen Lawrence documentary on BBC - shocking, sad and very powerful.
  • @Fanny Fanackapan Took 4 days but all episodes of lifeline now in my box set.
  • johnny73 said:

and not before time.

• Sponsored links:

• johnny73 said:

Having already seen the final season it will be interesting seeing people's reactions on this thread when it's finally aired.
  • Started watching The Alienist on Netflix. First episode was good, looks promising.
  • Started watching The Alienist on Netflix. First episode was good, looks promising.

The books were excellent. Looking forward to having a binge on this one.
  • Loving the second season of High Maintenance on Sky.
  • Jints said:

Loving the second season of High Maintenance on Sky.

I've almost finished season 1. It's a great show but seems to have gone under the radar. The dog love and social media episodes are my favourites so far.
  • Jints said:

Loving the second season of High Maintenance on Sky.

I've almost finished season 1. It's a great show but seems to have gone under the radar. The dog love and social media episodes are my favourites so far.
    I'm only three episodes into season 2 but it looks like HBO increased the budget and each episode feels more tightly constructed. I'm not sure why it's not better known to be honest.

• Binged on Lost in Space season 1. Slow start but solid entertainment.
  • johnny73 said:

Binged on Lost in Space season 1. Slow start but solid entertainment.

It looks the nuts too now that my TV has finally received the Dolby Vision HDR update.
  • Started season 2 of The Lost Kingdom. Highly recommend.
  • johnny73 said:

Binged on Lost in Space season 1. Slow start but solid entertainment.

Struggled with episode 1. Will try another on the back of your recommendation