Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Anyone know where Freeview channel 10 has gone?

This has to be the wildest veering off subject that Charlton Life has ever made: talking about ITV3 on a thread dedicated to new tv programmes.
  • I know myself and others have waxed lyrical about it before but iPlayer currently has all 3 series of The Bridge on it for the next 2 months. Presumably available as a precursor to the 4th and final series being shown on BBC2 later this year.

If anyone wants an introduction into the very very best of subtitled foreign dramas then this is it. Just rewatched all three series. Didn't realise that the main criminal in the third series was the actor who played Christian in Before We Die. The 3rd series also included the woman who played Rebecka Martinsson.

Fwiw here are my top 5 foreign dramas

1 The Bridge
    2 Spiral
    3 The Killing
    4 Spin
    5 Braquo.
  • Anybody watched The Following?

Watched four episodes so far and not sure what to think. A little bit different to what I normally enjoy which isn't a bad thing.

Have to admit the acting isn't the best but I reckon I can just about ignore that.
  • Jamestown... Season 2 finished... still undecided whether I like the series at all.
  • Marcella finished yesterday.

Sack of shit.
  • MrOneLung said:

Marcella finished yesterday.

Sack of shit.

I just about watched this as my wife was enjoying it however I was not expecting an end like that. WTF
  • First series was average - but this series just ended up watching to the end out of duty.

It was as seriously WTF as anything we have seen recently.

• I started watching Rick and Morty recently. Funniest thing I've seen for a long time.
  • Part way through it but a good doc on Neflix about Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre called The Defiant Ones. Not something i'd normally watch but came highly recommended. Some really big names interviewed and interesting insights into how these 2 started out
  • Sponsored links:

• Seen 1st two of The City & The City. Really enjoying. Some clever Sci-fi concepts. Has David Morrisey ever had a crap performance?
  • Seen 1st two of The City & The City. Really enjoying. Some clever Sci-fi concepts. Has David Morrisey ever had a crap performance?

Gillette razor ad / 'I am Rome' voiceover in Britannia? but apart from that. no. he's v good.
  • edited April 2018
    Just watched season one of The Punisher on Netflix. Whilst many may not like the Marvel style series', this one isn't your average superhero flick. Starts a bit slow from an action point of view, but there is a LOT of story to get through, particularly as some of the early story was actually enacted on screen in Season 2 of Daredevil (I've only seen Season 1 of Daredevil so you don't need to watch it to enjoy The Punisher).

Once it gets going (episode 3 or so) it really picks up speed quickly. There's lots of laughs, plenty of action, some gruesome scenes which those of a wimpish disposition may not enjoy. Overall I loved it. I think the wife loved it even more than I did, so you might be able to get your other halves to watch with you :smiley:
  • I know myself and others have waxed lyrical about it before but iPlayer currently has all 3 series of The Bridge on it for the next 2 months.

Nice, I've been waiting a while to watch season 3.

Not sure who it was who had the same problem but the conclusion of Mad Men is now on Netflix.

Watched four episodes so far and not sure what to think. A little bit different to what I normally enjoy which isn't a bad thing.

Have to admit the acting isn't the best but I reckon I can just about ignore that.

As in the Kevin Bacon tv series??
  • Any big bang fans watching Young Sheldon
  • edited April 2018

Arsenal Fan TV have been given their own show on channel 4!

We’ve officially run out of TV shows

Its not Arsenal Fan TV tho is it, its a general football chat show with one of the arsenal fa tv regulars as a host

• Arsenal Fan TV have been given their own show on channel 4!

We’ve officially run out of TV shows

Its not Arsenal Fan TV tho is it, its a general football chat show with one of the arsenal fa tv regulars as a host

Although based on that tweet that want people who have been in a pie eating contest with Pogba
  • New series of First Dates. I usually watch them as I've been there (both literally & figuratively - dated a lot since my 2nd divorce & worked next door to the restaurant in a building with the Stock Exchange) so have a vested interest.

However, I think they are now scraping the bottom of the barrel - first episode had an ex husband & wife dating separately but sitting at adjacent tables and then the 2nd episode last night had a women who was pregnant (yes, I know I shouldn't judge, but really ???)
  • 13 Commandments- Belgian crime drama. Very good
  • Sponsored links:

Gillette razor ad / 'I am Rome' voiceover in Britannia? but apart from that. no. he's v good.
    Basic instinct 2!
  • I know myself and others have waxed lyrical about it before but iPlayer currently has all 3 series of The Bridge on it for the next 2 months. Presumably available as a precursor to the 4th and final series being shown on BBC2 later this year.

Watched 2 & 3 at the time but now v belatedly catching up on S1. Up to 8/10 episodes as of tonight. Problem is, I can remember from start of S2, a lot of what is about to happen for the main characters but Mr W is in blissful ignorance.
  • Really enjoying The Looming Tower on Amazon .
    Story of the build up to 911 and how the CIA and FBI were at war with each other as well as Al Qaeda.
    Jeff Daniels is superb .

Just watched two episodes and it's indeed very good! I'll probably finish the next seven episodes in only a few days.
  • edited April 2018
    Just starting watching Z Nation. It's Walking Dead lite but these days that's a good thing. Violent but easy to watch.

We caught the 1st episode then wondered what had happened to the rest.

Googled it and like other Walter Presents series, found I could access it online.

Plugged laptop into the TV and watched episodes 2 & 3 whilst scoffing dinner tonight.

Pretty decent so far.

Googled it and like other Walter Presents series, found I could access it online.

Plugged laptop into the TV and watched episodes 2 & 3 whilst scoffing dinner tonight.

Pretty decent so far.
    I have virgin media and the last couple of Walter presents shows I have set up a series link and after the first show a day later all remaining shows appear. Beats tapping in the laptop!

Pretty decent so far.
    I have virgin media and the last couple of Walter presents shows I have set up a series link and after the first show a day later all remaining shows appear. Beats tapping in the laptop!
    Wow !

Catching up with the latest 2 episodes of Designated Survivor at the moment but will certainly try your method for WP series later.

Will let you know how we go.

As in the Kevin Bacon tv series??
    @cafcfan1990 you never answered??
  • @Fanny Fanackapan try it for lifeline which starts on channel 4 this Sunday.
  • Started watching Lost in space.
    1st episode ok but we'll see.