Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited January 19
    Not one to be taken seriously, but TED had some funny moments. 

A typical Seth MacFarlane series 
  • The Traitors has been compelling this series

The episodes on Weds and Thurs this week have been riveting viewing
  • I watched the first episode of Finders Keepers this week and enjoyed it. It's obviously trying to piggyback on the popularity of The Detectorists but there were some funny moments and James Buckley playing a slighter older version of Jay from The Inbetweeners. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

I've also been watching Based On A True Story on Sky about a couple starting a true crime podcast with the actual killer. Enjoying it although I'm not sure any of the characters are likeable but the guy playing the serial killer is great! 
  • Just binged S1/2 of The Bear. Brilliant. One of the better things I’ve watched in recent years.
  • If you like true crime stuff, American Nightmare (Netflix) is an interesting case well worth a watch. Only three shortish episodes too so they don’t drag it out.
  • Stumbled across Dragon's Den last night. I hadn't seen it for years and only caught the last 10 to 15 minutes. Gary Neville was a guest dragon which proved not to be as bad as you might have thought. Worth watching that final bid as it's one of the best. 
  • Ha! I’d welcome his brother’s money but otherwise thankfully not!
  • Phil said:
    Stumbled across Dragon's Den last night. I hadn't seen it for years and only caught the last 10 to 15 minutes. Gary Neville was a guest dragon which proved not to be as bad as you might have thought. Worth watching that final bid as it's one of the best. 
    I thought he was very good 
  • Ending of Fargo s5 was interesting and thought provoking. Questions of debt owed and forgiveness. Humorous outcome for John Hamms character too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Currently watching on Netflix: 

The Brothers Sun
    Captains of the world
    Beef
    Break point
  • se9addick said:
    If you like true crime stuff, American Nightmare (Netflix) is an interesting case well worth a watch. Only three shortish episodes too so they don’t drag it out.
    Jesus. The PD make the met police look competent. What a strong woman the way she spoke at the end. 

• I've just finished The Brothers Sun

We loved it. Michelle Yeoh 😘

Solid 8/10
  • Just finished watching Vigil (series 1) thought it was pretty good.
  • edited January 20
    Not one to be taken seriously, but TED had some funny moments. 

A typical Seth MacFarlane series 
    I am a fan of the actor Shea Whigham and the young lady who plays the cousin Blair is his daughter Giorgia Whigham. I'm not sure if I like this series itself but oh my God Giorgia is so gorgeous! So far I've watched 2 episodes. I think it's OK, at least watchable. I like Seth MacFarlane's albums - he sings quite well. Hopefully the rest of the series will be better than the first two episodes. 
  • TEL said:
    I've just finished The Brothers Sun

We loved it. Michelle Yeoh 😘

Solid 8/10
    Yep really enjoyed it. Hope they do a second series.
  • Just finished True Love ( channel 4 )
    A bit slow in places. But very good story 
    supported by great cast 
    Enjoyed this - interesting story.
  • Just started watching 
    Boy Swollows universe 
    Enjoying it so far well worth a watch 
  • Just finished "Boy Swallows Universe" 

A rare Aussie gem this one. Some fine acting from a very limited pool of actors here that seem to be in everything these days (over here).

However, great story line. I enjoyed it 8/10
  • Just watched American nightmare on Netflix.

If you like your typical 'what the f**k?' American crime docu-series you'll love this!
  • Sponsored links:

• I watched the first four episodes of Schitts Creek whilst on my holliers as I’d heard the hype.

No.
  • I watched the first four episodes of Schitts Creek whilst on my holliers as I’d heard the hype.

No.
    It gets better once the characters are more developed 
  • McBobbin said:
    I watched the first four episodes of Schitts Creek whilst on my holliers as I’d heard the hype.

No.
    I will give a few more so. Thank you.

If you like your typical 'what the f**k?' American crime docu-series you'll love this!
    How none of the police got punished is beyond me.... crazy story though

The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard out WTFs this one! Absolutely insane story. 
  • McBobbin said:
    I watched the first four episodes of Schitts Creek whilst on my holliers as I’d heard the hype.

No.
    I will give a few more so. Thank you.
    It's worth sticking with it. I thought the same as you at first. 
  • Absolutely loved Boy Swallows Universe: Think they didn’t realise what they had on their hands as that story timeline could easily have been expanded out to cover 2-3 series rather than just a seven parter.

The kid who played Eli was fantastic and I was gutted when that transitioned. 

Watched this yesterday. Absolutely unbelievable story and didn't know what to think after the first episode. 

Only in America. Would love to know why the kidnap was intended for the ex gf though.
  • Absolutely loved Boy Swallows Universe: Think they didn’t realise what they had on their hands as that story timeline could easily have been expanded out to cover 2-3 series rather than just a seven parter.

The kid who played Eli was fantastic and I was gutted when that transitioned. 
    Cracking young actor.