Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

3rd time lucky ?  :)
    Yes😁
    Is it “the invisible man”?  
  • Enjoying reacher season 2 as did the first season
  • TELTEL
    edited January 10
    The Brothers Sun. Netflix. Black comedy with Michelle Yeoh. Great action, very tongue in cheek and just fun. 
    8/10
  • John Hannah’s performance in the latest Silent Witness is remarkable (no spoilers here)
    apart from the usual SW silliness with the pathologists doing all plod’s work for them 
    the rest of the writing is great and well worthy of the calibre of guest stars appearing this series 
  • 24 hours in Police custody this week featured my home town and a friend was unfortunately one of the victims. One of the most horrific cases they have shown. 
  • shine166 said:
    24 hours in Police custody this week featured my home town and a friend was unfortunately one of the victims. One of the most horrific cases they have shown. 
    Absolutely no winners in these two episodes. I even felt for the 2 pricks that killed them. What a stupid waste of lives the whole affair was.

Not a fan of the smug young copper either.    
  • edited January 10
    shine166 said:
    24 hours in Police custody this week featured my home town and a friend was unfortunately one of the victims. One of the most horrific cases they have shown. 
    Absolutely no winners in these two episodes. I even felt for the 2 pricks that killed them. What a stupid waste of lives the whole affair was.

Egos and gear, my mate was Adam the lad that wasn't even part of it. That young copper was like something out of a cartoon.
  • Saw a great advert on behalf of the Welsh Tourist Board - think it was called Mr Bates versus the Post Office ...
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Egos and gear, my mate was Adam the lad that wasn't even part of it. That young copper was like something out of a cartoon.
    Didn't think was any need for C4 to repeatedly show the guy getting runover if at all. Have read that the families are not happy with how the show handled the whole incident.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

What this one, it’s a look, for OB.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Didn't think was any need for C4 to repeatedly show the guy getting runover if at all. Have read that the families are not happy with how the show handled the whole incident.
    And one of the stabbings, absolutely horrific.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

The one who interviewed the first guy?  Looked about 12, awful tache.

Horrible story, just showed how ridiculous the stupidity of these sorts of late night stuff, absolutely spot on with egos, tempers and too much of one thing or another.
  • edited January 10
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

I feel for you mate. Poor fella only came out for a nosey, albeit he knew them.

The selective patois used by the driver and main cuplrit was ridiculous.

As you say gear plus beer plus week male ego and intelligence equals hell.

Ive been in these situations hundreds of times and seen things nearly as bad as im sure a lot of us have. The older you get the sadder it looks to me.
  • Looking forward to Griselda on Netflix. The fact the hottest woman on planet earth is in it is an added bonus.
  • edited January 10
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

What this one, it’s a look, for OB.

He's taking his lead from the top,

• edited January 11
    Looking forward to Griselda on Netflix. The fact the hottest woman on planet earth is in it is an added bonus.
    Delighted you’ve mentioned that. Just looked it up and sounds right up my alley. Really miss the Narcos series and this is from the same team.

Only 6 episodes though 
  • Looking forward to Griselda on Netflix. The fact the hottest woman on planet earth is in it is an added bonus.
    Can't see any mention of Margot anywhere
  • The Brothers Sun on Netflix

Superb fun with funny bits and some quality fight scenes.

Awesome.
  • Watched ep1 of "For all mankind" (apple) yesterday. Drama set in an alternative reality where the Soviets beat the the Americans in getting a man on the moon. Really well-produced with lots of faked docuemntary style clips of Nixon etc. A very enjoyable start, hope the quality is maintained throughout. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Finished watching The Tourist series 1 and 2 well worth a watch, hopefully a series 3 will be made.
  • Finished watching The Tourist series 1 and 2 well worth a watch, hopefully a series 3 will be made.
    can’t see there not being a S3 with that ending. 
  • Jints said:
    Watched ep1 of "For all mankind" (apple) yesterday. Drama set in an alternative reality where the Soviets beat the the Americans in getting a man on the moon. Really well-produced with lots of faked docuemntary style clips of Nixon etc. A very enjoyable start, hope the quality is maintained throughout. 
    it’s excellent.  I binged the first season about a year ago.  Lost momentum (me not the series!) so have not yet caught up with the later seasons but my son says it’s epic.  
  • To be honest Im finding S2 of reacher hard going. I enjoyed S1 but the dialogue this series is so heavy handed 
  • jams said:
    To be honest Im finding S2 of reacher hard going. I enjoyed S1 but the dialogue this series is so heavy handed 
    Found Reachers acting overly wooden in this series. 
  • Fool me Once on Netflix was good. 
  • Just finished the Monarch series on Apple (set in the "Titanverse"  of Godzilla/Kong movies). Focuses more on the human characters but you do get some very cool big monsters, especially for a TV budget. 

Plus you have Kurt Russell and his son playing time displaced versions of the same character which is legitimately quite fun.
  • A film I know but Godzilla minus one is fantastic 
  • Just finished True Love ( channel 4 )
    A bit slow in places. But very good story 
    supported by great cast 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

The one who interviewed the first guy?  Looked about 12, awful tache.

Horrible story, just showed how ridiculous the stupidity of these sorts of late night stuff, absolutely spot on with egos, tempers and too much of one thing or another.

Re the DC with the moustache - it was so ridiculous surely he must have grown it for Movember (murders took place in November) as he appeared at times without it.