Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Miners Strike 1984, The Battle For Britain, (3 part doc) was worth a watch.
  • To Catch A Copper on Channel 4

The most shocking thing is people are not even shocked anymore. 
    I cant believe the jury acquitted him. How many drunken women jump on you wanting sex.....and then complain later that YOU forced THEM. 

Then he gets ill health retirement and the coppers ill treating the suicidal women resign before any disciplinary hearing. 

Shocking. 

That'll be the spoiler then....
  • Just started the Traitor Australia, second series. slight difference with last year, and a bit like the US version, there's quite a few "reality stars" in it. I'm sure it will settle down, but right now wishing that the murders were in fact real.
  • edited January 31
    Just finished series 2 of Black Summer.

As a big fan of Z Nation, made by the same team, it couldn't be more different but I still enjoyed it. Completely different in tone, and devoid of any of the humour of Z Nation, it's as bleak as you like. I always like a show that kills off a character quite early on that you think is going to become a mainstay.

Probably much more realistic in terms of the "everyone for themselves" nature of humans that we're seeing signs of played out in real life.

Solid 6/10.
     So just discovered this on Netflix and on initial thoughts I  love it.
     Ticks through at a fair old rate of knots. Always something happening and grips you from the very start.
    I'm not a big Zombie franchise fan and could never get into Living dead but there is something about this that keeps you wanting more. Not for the faint hearted I should add!
  • Just finished series 2 of Black Summer.

As a big fan of Z Nation, made by the same team, it couldn't be more different but I still enjoyed it. Completely different in tone, and devoid of any of the humour of Z Nation, it's as bleak as you like. I always like a show that kills off a character quite early on that you think is going to become a mainstay.

Probably much more realistic in terms of the "everyone for themselves" nature of humans that we're seeing signs of played out in real life.

Solid 6/10.
     So just discovered this on Netflix and on initial thoughts I  love it.
     Ticks through at a fair old rate of knots. Always something happening and grips you from the very start.
    I'm not a big Zombie franchise fan and could never get into Living dead but there is something about this that keeps you wanting more. Not for the faint hearted I should add!
    Black Summer is something up my street, shows the absolute worst of humanity and not a lot of the good 

I get zombies aren't everyone's cup of tea as a vehicle but replace them with aliens, or really fucking fast big insects, animals or whatever scary shit floats your boat/makes you shit your pants but is ultimately something dangerous, relentless and cant be negotiated with. 

Z nation was properly funny 
  • Absolutely loved Boy Swallows Universe: Think they didn’t realise what they had on their hands as that story timeline could easily have been expanded out to cover 2-3 series rather than just a seven parter.

The kid who played Eli was fantastic and I was gutted when that transitioned. 
    Another one we enjoyed very much.

Now persuading family & friends to give it a go.
  • We recently binge watched the 3 series of Big Sky. Really enjoyed it but the 3rd series not as good as the first 2.
  • Trigger Point is very very good

Thought it was excellent. Very frightening what drones can do in the wrong hands.

We’re on episode 5 at the moment, it’s been excellent so far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• One episode into Trigger Point and thought a great opener.

Similarly enjoyed 1st episode of Griselda, really missed the Narcos series and this feels like it’s going to carry that classic Netflix druggie boxset vibe and style well. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Just started the Traitor Australia, second series. slight difference with last year, and a bit like the US version, there's quite a few "reality stars" in it. I'm sure it will settle down, but right now wishing that the murders were in fact real.
    Agreed, a lot more annoying people in it. It's ok but not quite up to the UK second season, although i am binging it the same, so it cant be all bad. 
  • I absolutely LOVED Devils Plan.

found myself shouting at the tele “this is the best show ever” at least twice per episode.
    as a bit of a nerd for maths and logic puzzles it was perfect.

fascinating concept and can’t way for series 2.
    Started on this last night because of this comment. Only a few episodes in but absolutely loving it!! Cracking show. "Orbit" though, what a dick he is so far. Can already tell I'm going to despise him.
  • cafcpolo said:
    I absolutely LOVED Devils Plan.

found myself shouting at the tele “this is the best show ever” at least twice per episode.

Started on this last night because of this comment. Only a few episodes in but absolutely loving it!! Cracking show. "Orbit" though, what a dick he is so far. Can already tell I'm going to despise him.
    Enjoy it. It's really good. Another season is planned. 
  • This isn't a new series & it's probably been on here before 
    The Knick 
    Is well worth a watch really enjoyed it 👍 
  • I’m going to stick with Masters of the Air as I have such high hopes for it. But … it’s no Band of Brothers. The action scenes are impressively shot but understandably quite limited and repetitive so far (Bombers dodging AA fire).
  • edited February 1
  • edited February 1
    I’m going to stick with Masters of the Air as I have such high hopes for it. But … it’s no Band of Brothers. The action scenes are impressively shot but understandably quite limited and repetitive so far (Bombers dodging AA fire).
    Watched the first couple and at the moment it's nowhere near Band of Brothers or The Pacific. Zero affinity with any of the characters and the Major (played by the Elvis actor) is fucking irritating as hell!

What platform this on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing was ever gonna come close to Band of Brothers.
    It's in my top 3, with The Sopranos and The West Wing.

Absolute top tier TV.

What platform this on?
    Netflix
  • cafcpolo said:
    I absolutely LOVED Devils Plan.

What platform this on?
    Netflix
    It is very good.
    Agreed. Not even The Pacific which I've been watching this week. Nowadays I'll just be glad to watch any war films/series which is 70%-80% as good as BoB.
  • McBobbin said:
    Just started the Traitor Australia, second series. slight difference with last year, and a bit like the US version, there's quite a few "reality stars" in it. I'm sure it will settle down, but right now wishing that the murders were in fact real.
    Agreed, a lot more annoying people in it. It's ok but not quite up to the UK second season, although i am binging it the same, so it cant be all bad. 
    The ending was *chefs kiss*
    Started watching it this, bloody brilliant. So many recognisable actors in it. 
  • Mr and Mrs Smith - new series on Prime. Right up my street. 
  • Not sure I am going to stick Masters of the Air out. Thought the 3rd episode was incredibly dull.

What platform this on?
    Netflix. Sirens is also very good. Both Korean 
  • Jessie said:
    Nothing was ever gonna come close to Band of Brothers.
    Agreed. Not even The Pacific which I've been watching this week. Nowadays I'll just be glad to watch any war films/series which is 70%-80% as good as BoB.
    I take back my comment regarding The Pacific. I've binged the entire series and got only one episode left. It's one of the most depressing war films/series I've watched. It's slightly different to Band of Brothers. So brutal and sad and reminds me of those Vietnam War films. I had to take breaks between episodes because of the emotional impact it had on me. Thanks to Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and all the cast and crew of Band of Brothers, The Pacific and Masters of the Air, I got to learn those parts of the WWII history and learn about these brave brave men. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for those soldiers.