Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited February 4
    Not sure I am going to stick Masters of the Air out. Thought the 3rd episode was incredibly dull.
    Sorry to disagree but that is so far the most intense episode. They lost two dozens of bombers and hundreds of men died (including one I originally thought was among the main characters). Can't believe anyone would find it dull...😰 
  • Started watching Silent Witness, it’s good but John Thompson’s portrayal as a cockney copper is awful. On a level with Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.
  • Thanks to those who recommended Boy Swallows World, watched the first episode last night and really enjoyed it. 
  • Jessie said:
    Not sure I am going to stick Masters of the Air out. Thought the 3rd episode was incredibly dull.
    Sorry to disagree but that is so far the most intense episode. They lost two dozens of bombers and hundreds of men died (including one I originally thought was among the main characters). Can't believe anyone would find it dull...😰 
    Yea don't really follow that logic, I actually found the 2 previous episodes a bit dull but that one was definitely the most interesting and dramatic.
  • Acab said:
    I do don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but Bad Sisters on Apple TV is very good. Binged 10 episodes over two nights. 5 Irish sisters one married to a complete cnut so the other 4 set about trying to kill him . Set in Dublin. Sharon Horgan.
    Apple TV start filming the second series of Bad Sisters this month, my cousin is the make up artist for the programme.
  • Acab said:
    I do don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but Bad Sisters on Apple TV is very good. Binged 10 episodes over two nights. 5 Irish sisters one married to a complete cnut so the other 4 set about trying to kill him . Set in Dublin. Sharon Horgan.
    Apple TV start filming the second series of Bad Sisters this month, my cousin is the make up artist for the programme.
    Good news! I thought it had been cancelled. 
  • Just discovered Tokyo Vice, really enjoying it. Series 2 has just started in the US. 
  • Third series of Sunderland til I die won't be the same without the schadenfreude of the first two series
  • New to me rather than new, but "home" on all4 is worth a watch. Quite an implausible sitcom where a family end up living with a Syrian refugee, it's sweet and funny in equal measure 
  • Glovepup said:
    Just discovered Tokyo Vice, really enjoying it. Series 2 has just started in the US. 
    I watched the first series when it aired. Just started watching the second series this week and the big issue I'm having is trying very hard to remember what happened in series one😅 It seems I'm not the only one that has forgotten about the previous plot as it's been quite a long time since the first series...
  • Sponsored links:

• enjoyed 1st episode of Griselda, really missed the Narcos series and this feels like it’s going to carry that classic Netflix druggie boxset vibe and style well. 
    Just finished and really enjoyed. Does exactly what you’d expect and I thought Sophie Vargara was excellent on the role. 

Shame it was only a 6-part mini series unlikely to see a 2nd season 
  • Third series of Sunderland til I die won't be the same without the schadenfreude of the first two series
    Charlie M and Charlton feature heavily in the opening montage 
  • Valley11 said:
    Third series of Sunderland til I die won't be the same without the schadenfreude of the first two series
    Charlie M and Charlton feature heavily in the opening montage 
    Depressing - spent series 2 thinking look at that bellend, and thank goodness we got promoted to the Championship instead of Sunderland.

Now he's at Charlton and we're heading for League 2.
  • Kin was very good I thought. 
  • As an acolyte of the unparalleled first season (thank you whoever told us the difference between season and series) of True Detective and a hopeful but disappointed viewer of all subsequent seasons I'm intrigued to see where tonight's finale is going to take us. This season has been OK, not in the same league as the first one but better than the other 2. Jodie Foster has acted her socks off along with the young bloke. 
  • Just found out (via Maggie) that you can get Northern Exposure on Amazon Prime.
    Going to take a gander once I’ve finished with Friends. I hope it’s aged ok? 🤞🏼🙏🏻
  • edited February 19
    Carter said:
    As an acolyte of the unparalleled first season (thank you whoever told us the difference between season and series) of True Detective and a hopeful but disappointed viewer of all subsequent seasons I'm intrigued to see where tonight's finale is going to take us. This season has been OK, not in the same league as the first one but better than the other 2. Jodie Foster has acted her socks off along with the young bloke. 
    The whole season started pretty well and then went progressively downhill imo. The plot was far too messy and the whole line between crime drama and horror didn't really work for me.

No spoilers but personally thought the ending was lazy and on the whole crap.

As an aside I thought this was the 5th Season not the 3rd?
  • Carter said:
    As an acolyte of the unparalleled first season (thank you whoever told us the difference between season and series) of True Detective and a hopeful but disappointed viewer of all subsequent seasons I'm intrigued to see where tonight's finale is going to take us. This season has been OK, not in the same league as the first one but better than the other 2. Jodie Foster has acted her socks off along with the young bloke. 
    The whole season started pretty well and then went progressively downhill imo. The plot was far too messy and the whole line between crime drama and horror didn't really work for me.

No spoilers but personally thought the ending was lazy and on the whole crap.

As an aside I thought this was the 5th Season not the 3rd?
    Yep, having watched it now I couldn't agree more 

It was the 4th season. First one was Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaghey, second was Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams and Vince Vaughan, third was Marheshala Ali and Stephen Dorff, then this one 

I do get it is ultimately impossible to live up to how good the first season was but like you say, the writing especially for the ending was bone idle for this season which was a shame 
  • Maybe I've a low attention span, but my 'Continue Watching list' on Netflix grows daily as I give up on more and more shows. 

I watched the first episode of Loudermilk yesterday.  Loudermilk is a grumpy, sweary, ex alcoholic, sobriety councillor - I liked him. I think I might stick with this one.  
  • Uncanny Counter - Netflix

I watched season 1 last year but as there were so many i took a break before going into season 2, i binged that in the last 10 days, not as many episodes (12), brilliant korean series, if you like super natural stuff, basically they have magic powers and trying to fight the evil. Really good series and i recommend if people don't mind watching something with subtitles
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe I've a low attention span, but my 'Continue Watching list' on Netflix grows daily as I give up on more and more shows. 

I watched the first episode of Loudermilk yesterday.  Loudermilk is a grumpy, sweary, ex alcoholic, sobriety councillor - I liked him. I think I might stick with this one.  
    Love a bit of Loudermilk. Quite different from most things out there currently. Been waiting ages for Series 3 to come out here as the plug got pulled on the US broadcaster somewhere along the line and it was 'homelesss' for a while. 
  • Northern Exposure is obviously only on Amazon in the US boooooooooooo!

Love a bit of Loudermilk. Quite different from most things out there currently. Been waiting ages for Series 3 to come out here as the plug got pulled on the US broadcaster somewhere along the line and it was 'homelesss' for a while. 
    I just binged all 3 seasons of Loudermilk. Apparently, it got cancelled, but since Netflix picked it up, it’s found a whole new audience and it might now get a season 4.

I liked it. Pretty funny and thoughtful, but it had a couple of storylines that just didn’t go anywhere. It also got a bit preachy in season 3. But it’s still good. Some good music too.
  • Just watched Wolf Like me on Netflix. Quite enjoyable and a good soundtrack with Queens of the Stone age quite prominent. 
    On episode 4 of series 1, very good so far.
    On episode 4 of series 1, very good so far. 

series 1 is good, as was series 2
  • Uncanny Counter - Netflix

I watched season 1 last year but as there were so many i took a break before going into season 2, i binged that in the last 10 days, not as many episodes (12), brilliant korean series, if you like super natural stuff, basically they have magic powers and trying to fight the evil. Really good series and i recommend if people don't mind watching something with subtitles
    Will give it a look. Try Sisyphus. It's bloody excellent.
  • Recently got a 3 month free trial of AppleTV (so I can watch Masters of Air) but we also watched Bad Sisters recently and really enjoyed it although it did get pretty dark at the end!

I know its a bit old now but still.
  • Breathtaking on ITV is a hard watch, but one that should remind us all of the hardship endured by our wonderful healthcare workers in the early days of the pandemic. So many lost their lives, their future health and suffered trauma from watching so many people die unnecessarily. The final part of 3 is on tonight at 9pm. 
  • Breathtaking on ITV is a hard watch, but one that should remind us all of the hardship endured by our wonderful healthcare workers in the early days of the pandemic. So many lost their lives, their future health and suffered trauma from watching so many people die unnecessarily. The final part of 3 is on tonight at 9pm. 
    been watching it, but a bit like the Hillsborough programmes, the story and what happened is known and am suffering a bit from misery fatigue