Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Gribbo said:
    Anyone else got anymore feed back re The Rig? 

As said earlier in the thread, I thought it was terrible, but going by other social media, I seem to be in the minority.....
    The Rig started off OK and got worse/more ridiculous as it went on.
    Agree, I toughed it out for four episodes and then bailed out, how that bird in the white blouse kept it spotless on an oil rig is beyond me.
  • Happy Valley, 3rd and reportedly the last series .. more great writing, plotting and superb acting  .. one of the best ever BBC drama series
    Just catching up on this.  What an actor Sarah Lancashire is.
  • Shrew said:
    I’m enjoying the fourth season of Babylon Berlin, the story takes a long time to settle but the characters , set n filming are as brilliant as ever.
    I wanted to start this but couldn't find the first season anywhere - only the 4th. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Anyone else watch “The English”. Historical Western. Nice tight six episodes. Good performances. Nice costumes, scenery, and cinematography. Enjoyed it. 
    I'll give that one a go
    Discussed further up. Summary - brilliantly acted, great photography, solid plot all round excellent but spoiled a bit by a very rushed ending.
  • Giving The Old Man a seeing to on Disney atm
  • Jints said:
    Shrew said:
    I’m enjoying the fourth season of Babylon Berlin, the story takes a long time to settle but the characters , set n filming are as brilliant as ever.
    I wanted to start this but couldn't find the first season anywhere - only the 4th. 
    Perhaps Shrew could help with this as we've having problems finding how we watched all 4 series ! 

Looks like we clicked on " Sky Box sets ", then down to "Channels" , then "Sky Atlantic" & Babylon Berlin will show all 4 series on the alphabetical list.

Hope that helps ! 
  • Bit late on this one but thoroughly enjoying The Bear on Disney.
  • Really enjoyed the first episode of The Last of Us. Very promising.
  • I'm not a video game player and don't like horror films/TVseries (too scary🤣) but quite like Pedro Pascal in Narcos and seeing as so many of you liked the pilot of The Last of Us I'm interested now. Is The Last of Us like The Walking Dead? Is it scary?

I'm currently watching the final season of 12 Monkeys. It's not my usual cup of tea but once I started watching I got hooked. So when I finish this, I'll look for a new series - much as I enjoyed 1923, I'm not used to waiting for new episodes so I plan to watch the rest episodes when all are out.

Btw my mum has watched the first episode of the second season of Your Honor (starring the brilliant Bryan Cranston) and says it's great. I'm yet to finish the first season though, despite knowing it's a great series.😅
  • edited January 2023
    Jints said:
    Shrew said:
    I'm not on sky but figured the seasons were long enough and good value to buy the HD download, so from Amazon prime via fire stick just selected the series and purchased
  • Sponsored links:

• Extremely late to the party but just watched all four series and three Christmas specials of Ghosts over last 2 weeks or so. 

Easy viewing at 30mins an episode and quite funny. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Extremely late to the party but just watched all four series and three Christmas specials of Ghosts over last 2 weeks or so. 

Easy viewing at 30mins an episode and quite funny. 
    I enjoy both versions, always worth a laugh. 
  • Not a series, but Limehouse Golam on BBC iplayer weren't too bad.

I watched the first two episodes of The English yesterday. Looks promising so far
  • Jints said:
    Shrew said:
    Perhaps Shrew could help with this as we've having problems finding how we watched all 4 series ! 

Looks like we clicked on " Sky Box sets ", then down to "Channels" , then "Sky Atlantic" & Babylon Berlin will show all 4 series on the alphabetical list.

Hope that helps ! 
    Thanks! This worked. Have downloaded first episode and will watch it soon
  • Jessie said:
    I'm not a video game player and don't like horror films/TVseries (too scary🤣) but quite like Pedro Pascal in Narcos and seeing as so many of you liked the pilot of The Last of Us I'm interested now. Is The Last of Us like The Walking Dead? Is it scary?

The video game certainly has some jump scares.

• edited January 2023
    The Warship : Tour of Duty, tonight on BBC2. 

One of the early characters is a Millwall fan from Essex. Already in the shit for going AWOL. They just can’t help themselves.

I suspect the young officers on the wine tour were Charlton…
  • History of hip hop on BBC 1... First episode very good
  • Gribbo said:
    Anyone else got anymore feed back re The Rig? 

As said earlier in the thread, I thought it was terrible, but going by other social media, I seem to be in the minority.....
    Somehow managed to stick it out for the 6 episodes, although not sure how, it was utter crap.
  • edited January 2023
    Danepak said:
    Jessie said:
    I'm not a video game player and don't like horror films/TVseries (too scary🤣) but quite like Pedro Pascal in Narcos and seeing as so many of you liked the pilot of The Last of Us I'm interested now. Is The Last of Us like The Walking Dead? Is it scary?

The video game certainly has some jump scares.

Thanks. I'll skip this one. I saw a photo of the second episode the other day and it was what I could barely look at - visually disgusting😅

I just finished all four seasons of 12 Monkeys and really loved it... I rarely watch sci-fi but this one is truly amazing and makes you keep thinking about it even after it's all finished. So underrated. I don't know why it never got much publicity when it was first aired. I'm glad I watched it, albeit a bit late. 
  • I watched the first episode of The Last of Us and really enjoyed it. I didn't know it was based on a game until I read it here. 

Our Flag Means Death on BBC2 is good. Silly pirate tale with lots of Brit actors in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Episode 2 also very good of TLOU!
  • Wilma said:
    I watched the first episode of The Last of Us and really enjoyed it. I didn't know it was based on a game until I read it here. 

Our Flag Means Death on BBC2 is good. Silly pirate tale with lots of Brit actors in. 
    That is quite funny. Based very loosely on real pirates too!
  • Bit late on this one but thoroughly enjoying The Bear on Disney.
    Just to round this point out - this was a great show, really glad I watched it. 
  • Shrew said:
    SO pleased to hear that you're enjoying Babylon Berlin, @Shrew.

I've extolled its virtues more than once on here but seemingly no-one else had taken a look...

We absolutely loved all the series to date.
    Great series,  is series 4 a new one? Can't remember how many I've seen. Will have to revisit it.
  • Last of Us episodes seem to go extremely quick which I always view as a good thing. Yesterdays was excellent, jumpy, edge of your seat stuff. Exactly what you want from a zombie series.
  • Jessie said:
    Anyone watching 1923? The sequel to 1883 and prequel to Yellowstone. I loved 1883 and this sequel is quite good too.
     Just seen a trailer for this!

Never knew this was in the pipeline. If it's anywhere near as good as 1883 it will be a must watch
    Absolutely loved Yellowstone and have started 1923 but hadn’t heard of 1883. Will start binging that tonight! 
    Just started watching Yellowstone. Does a very good job of portraying what's bad about the US. Good show though.
  • edited January 2023
    Just noticed Fauda series 4 on Netflix. 
    So good I'm gonna rewatch the first 3 series. 
    It's about Israel security services etc.
    Loved the first 3 series. 
  • Everyone Else Burns. New Simon Bird “comedy” on C4. FFS!  That is all.  
  • Everyone Else Burns. New Simon Bird “comedy” on C4. FFS!  That is all.  
    Just watched a trailer. If it didn’t have the word comedy in the YouTube title I wouldn’t have guessed in a million years.
  • Just noticed Fauda series 4 on Netflix. 
    So good I'm gonna rewatch the first 3 series. 
    It's about Israel security services etc.
    Loved the first 3 series. 
    Ooh thanks for that. I'll get Netflix next week and watch the new series.