Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just watched the first episode of The Last of Us. Very very much looking forward to next episode next week.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Traitors US on iplayer! As they say in Thailand, same same but different. Really enjoying it. Got Alan Cumming instead of Claudia Winkelman, exactly the same location and tasks (not a spoiler, this is clear from the first minute!), main difference is that half of the contestants are from reality TV shows. The dynamic is completely different, but just as fun to watch.
    Binge watched all 10 parts over 2 days. If the UK series was 10/10, this is probably 8/10. It’s a bit like having the best food ever but then ordering it again the same day. Always fun watching Americans being, well, American! Nicely overacted by Alun Cumming too. 
  • Options
    Breaking Point - Netflix
    The makers of drive to survive, tennis documentary where it goes through some of the up and coming players and shows how lonely Tennis can be as a sport. Recommend it for any sports lovers, only 5 episodes, so easy binge an think the next is released in June 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    cafc4life said:
    Watched the first episode of The last of us. Very bloody good!
    Likewise. Really enjoyed it. Pissed me right off that you can't stream the whole series to binge it!
    How many episodes is it going to be?  Might wait until I can binge it!
    9 episodes 
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    Can someone give me a précis on Last of Us please. I know it is based on a computer game but I don’t know anything about said game. 
    Basically a new take on the "end of the world" genre. This time its fungal virus which takes over the human brain and turns those infected into rabid killers (not quite zombies). Focus is on events after society has tried to rebuild and the discovery of a young girl who appears to be immune.
    Yeah there is more of a human and emotional element to it.

The second game is particularly unique and heart wrenching. Will be interesting to see how they work that in seasons 2 and 3.
  • Options
    Speaking of Drive To Survive and the new Tennis one on Netflix. 

They’re also doing one on Golf. Full Swing will be available from mid February and follows the PGA Tour. 
  • Options
    Traitors was pretty awful, but i still watched most of it. Surprised at its popularity here and elsewhere to be honest! 
  • Options
    A new series I can recommend highly is on Netflix-Woman of the Dead. It's German and the story is brilliant. It's the first of a triology about a female owner of a funeral business who loses her police husband in a hit and run. As one critic said its Kill Bill meets Dexter and goes off with The girl with the dragon tattoo! 
  • Options
    Anyone else got anymore feed back re The Rig? 

As said earlier in the thread, I thought it was terrible, but going by other social media, I seem to be in the minority.....
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

As said earlier in the thread, I thought it was terrible, but going by other social media, I seem to be in the minority.....
    I enjoyed it. But each to their own. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:

It was ok, but meandered terribly at times and TBH I am not really sure what the plot was supposed to be.

Lots of big names obviously blew the budget as the CGI was appalling.

• Options
    The Last of Us

First episode omg the feels. It's like stepping back to when the game first came out. 

A pretty faithful retelling of the opening of the story.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Can someone give me a précis on Last of Us please. I know it is based on a computer game but I don’t know anything about said game. 
    Tha last of us was a game changer or a game, truly beautiful they clearly put as much effort into the storyline as they did the gameplay 
    They have kept to the storyline really well if this first episode is anything to go by. Adding in some nice touches of back story and filler to add to it all.

Still shed a tear in the opening, just like when I first played the game. 
  • Options
    Anyone else watch “The English”. Historical Western. Nice tight six episodes. Good performances. Nice costumes, scenery, and cinematography. Enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

I thought all the dialogue was badly written and came across very wooden
  • Options
    I’m enjoying the fourth season of Babylon Berlin, the story takes a long time to settle but the characters , set n filming are as brilliant as ever.
  • Options
    Can't see the new series of Happy Valley mentioned yet?

Watched the third episode and it's is its cracking usual self. Good storyline and some brilliant acting, especially by Sarah Lancashire and the actress who plays her sister. Witt a touch of dark humour thrown in. Excellent stuff
    Yes absolutely essential viewing. Excellent acting by the two you mention.
  • Options

Watched the third episode and it's is its cracking usual self. Good storyline and some brilliant acting, especially by Sarah Lancashire and the actress who plays her sister. Witt a touch of dark humour thrown in. Excellent stuff
    Yes absolutely essential viewing. Excellent acting by the two you mention.
    but there is no way the 16 year old would not have googled about his murderer Dad and found out more about him and that his mum actually took her own life and didn't die during childbirth
  • Options
    Anyone else watch “The English”. Historical Western. Nice tight six episodes. Good performances. Nice costumes, scenery, and cinematography. Enjoyed it. 
    Yeah i loved it. Emily Blunt is so fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Enjoying it although it would have been better if they had released all the episodes at once as you tend to forget stuff watching week to week. Excellent as always. I am finding some of Sarah’s dialogue hard to understand as she is mumbling very quickly at times. 
  • Options
    Not new but stumbled upon Squad Goals Dorking Til I Die during a bout of insomnia.  It’s a folllow-up fly in the wall type documentary to the two earlier series about West Ham’s women’s team and their very young chairman. This time round it’s sixth tier Dorking who get the season long treatment with the focus on the left field appointment of Calum Best as chairman on the pretext that he is best buddies with the owner. There’s lots of ill judged cap wearing and if the ever growing superfluous use of the word “like” in every sentence annoys you to the point of anger then give it a miss. It’s a bit of a poor man’s take on the Wrexham scenario with Best’s American roots coming through at every step. Some of the dialogue and background events are pretty obviously scripted but, taken with a hefty pinch of salt, it’s an easy binge if you’re at a loose end. 
  • Options
    I'll give that one a go
  • Options
    Loving Happy Valley, have had to watch series1 and 2 again over last week or so to refresh memory, they were 2014 and 2016, but worth the catch up.
  • Options
    Not new but stumbled upon Squad Goals Dorking Til I Die during a bout of insomnia.  It’s a folllow-up fly in the wall type documentary to the two earlier series about West Ham’s women’s team and their very young chairman. This time round it’s sixth tier Dorking who get the season long treatment with the focus on the left field appointment of Calum Best as chairman on the pretext that he is best buddies with the owner. There’s lots of ill judged cap wearing and if the ever growing superfluous use of the word “like” in every sentence annoys you to the point of anger then give it a miss. It’s a bit of a poor man’s take on the Wrexham scenario with Best’s American roots coming through at every step. Some of the dialogue and background events are pretty obviously scripted but, taken with a hefty pinch of salt, it’s an easy binge if you’re at a loose end. 
    Did the fella on here that does bunch of amateurs have anything to do with that? Jimmy 85 I think 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

The Rig started off OK and got worse/more ridiculous as it went on.
  • Options
    Just getting through the Apple+ stuff. Given the rave reviews I’ve seen, I’ve been disappointed with Ted Lasso but only two episodes in. Does it get any better?
  • Options
    Just getting through the Apple+ stuff. Given the rave reviews I’ve seen, I’ve been disappointed with Ted Lasso but only two episodes in. Does it get any better?
    Yes.  It’s utter hokum but I stuck with it. 
  • Options
    Yes.  It’s utter hokum but I stuck with it. 
    I can't believe how often Sir Chris Powell popped up in it! 
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    I’m enjoying the fourth season of Babylon Berlin, the story takes a long time to settle but the characters , set n filming are as brilliant as ever.
    SO pleased to hear that you're enjoying Babylon Berlin, @Shrew.

I've extolled its virtues more than once on here but seemingly no-one else had taken a look...

We absolutely loved all the series to date.