Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    For All Mankind on Apple TV, very good space drama. It's an alternative stroyline for the space race, brilliantly done. 

For All Mankind — Official First Look Trailer | Apple TV+ - YouTube
  • Options
    All time favourites:

The Sopranos (untouchable for me)
    The Wire
    House of Cards
    Ozark
    Mad Men
    Boardwalk Empire
    Breaking Bad

Enjoyed Stranger Things.

Just started watching Severance on Apple and not sure what to make of it but will carry on.

Enjoyed Wednesday and quite liked Kaleidoscope (both Netflix).

I liked The Witcher and Last of Us games, so will give them a bash (how long til a God of War series?)

• Options
    Quite nice that the Last of Us is not 100% faithful to the game story.
  • Options
    I have really enjoyed the beginning of the 2 eps where we have had extra elements of the story added in to show the beginnings/precursor to the outbreak, especially as it gives those of us who have played the game added value -if it was just a clean re-telling of the story from the game we would know all the plot points. Hopefully that continues through the series.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Everyone Else Burns. New Simon Bird “comedy” on C4. FFS!  That is all.  
    Obviously the Guardian gave it 4 out of 5. I don't think i've ever agreed with a review in that shit rag.
  • Options
    I have really enjoyed the beginning of the 2 eps where we have had extra elements of the story added in to show the beginnings/precursor to the outbreak, especially as it gives those of us who have played the game added value -if it was just a clean re-telling of the story from the game we would know all the plot points. Hopefully that continues through the series.
    Yes, read somewhere about the dead being connected via underground networks of fungus. The game creator was gutted he did not think of that. Enjoyed the last two episodes
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Yes, read somewhere about the dead being connected via underground networks of fungus. The game creator was gutted he did not think of that. Enjoyed the last two episodes
    That's not actually the part I was referring to haha
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Really? 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    robroy said:
    Really? 
    trying to keep this spoiler free... do you mean how the ending of episode 2 comes about? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shameless plug but my niece is the main character in the latest episode of doctors on bbc. I’ve never watched a single episode before but proud uncle moment.
    OOH ! The one on at lunchtime today ? 

Well done, young lady ! 
  • Options
    On a similar note my youngest Jamie appears on  BBC2 Digging for Britain on Sunday evening. You can watch it on iplayer already. 41 minutes in of Series 10 episode 4. 
  • Options
    Anyone watching Physical 100 on Netflix?

Strangely fascinating in a Squid games sort of way. 

Looking forward to episode 3
  • Options
    I think I played the last of us waaaay back in 2014 and it seems pretty accurate to the game so far but my memory has no doubt tossed details aside 

Pedro Pascal is a good call but my only criticism is his voice is slightly too high pitched even if he has got the Texan accent perfected 

To help me refresh me memory, the scene with Tess wasn't the creatures in the game but the cops who she held off rather than the infected I saw that slight difference, I cant recall why the fireflies chose Joel in the game but all those scenes seemed different too
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    I’m enjoying the fourth season of Babylon Berlin, the story takes a long time to settle but the characters , set n filming are as brilliant as ever.
    SO pleased to hear that you're enjoying Babylon Berlin, @Shrew.

I've extolled its virtues more than once on here but seemingly no-one else had taken a look...

We absolutely loved all the series to date.
    Joining in with you guys on this. BB one of our favourites. I believe the next series will be the final one, sadly.
  • Options
    Michael MacIntyres Big Show. An overweight middle aged man skips about a stage, squealing like a 4 year old girl on Christmas morning, playing unfunny 'pranks' on various pisspoor celebrity volunteers for a whole fucking hour at peak time Saturday night. Every week is a repeat of the last.

A large heavy section of the lighting rig falls from the ceiling, grievously injuring him. The show is cancelled, and we all live happily ever after.

• Options
    Carter said:
    I think I played the last of us waaaay back in 2014 and it seems pretty accurate to the game so far but my memory has no doubt tossed details aside 

Pedro Pascal is a good call but my only criticism is his voice is slightly too high pitched even if he has got the Texan accent perfected 

To help me refresh me memory, the scene with Tess wasn't the creatures in the game but the cops who she held off rather than the infected I saw that slight difference, I cant recall why the fireflies chose Joel in the game but all those scenes seemed different too
    Psssttt, no spoilers.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Michael MacIntyres Big Show. An overweight middle aged man skips about a stage, squealing like a 4 year old girl on Christmas morning, playing unfunny 'pranks' on various pisspoor celebrity volunteers for a whole fucking hour at peak time Saturday night. Every week is a repeat of the last.

A large heavy section of the lighting rig falls from the ceiling, grievously injuring him. The show is cancelled, and we all live happily ever after.

I agree with you re this week's episode, but can't help wondering why you watch at least some of it every single week? 
  • Options
    I only saw the trailer, that was enough 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone watched Mr Inbetween? Heard good things about it. 
  • Options
    Anyone watched Mr Inbetween? Heard good things about it. 
    Yes and its fantastic, very darkly funny and well done, thoroughly recommend it. There is a bit of Ray in all of us, maybe just me 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Carter said:

Psssttt, no spoilers.
    Apologies, I was being cautious but fully appreciate that could be a spoiler 

• Options
    Happy Valley was magnificent last night. 
  • Options
    Agreed. I bloody love Raquel
  • Options
    Hunters Season 2 is on Prime now. Loved season 1, Season 2 really good too. Has just the right balance of sinister followed by surreal to keep me happy! (Sound of Music homage was brilliant!).
  • Options
    Yes, different class.

Seemed to simmer rather than boil - understandable and appropriate in getting ready for the big one next week. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Yes, different class.

Seemed to simmer rather than boil - understandable and appropriate in getting ready for the big one next week. 
    My prediction for the finale is

The son kills Tommy whilst Tommy is attacking Catherine

• Options
    So the latest episode of Last of Us was…er…unexpected.
  • Options
    A bit oversexualised if you ask me, but beautifully written.