Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Thanks to whoever recommended The Traitors.  Wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but I'm 4 episodes in & hooked
    Have to say, after the first couple of episodes not paying attention while the wife was watching it, it became compulsive viewing.

Now what would make great TV is by inviting the whole cast back for series 2 and changing the traitors.  That would really mess with their heads lol.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Thanks to whoever recommended The Traitors.  Wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but I'm 4 episodes in & hooked
    Have to say, after the first couple of episodes not paying attention while the wife was watching it, it became compulsive viewing.

Now what would make great TV is by inviting the whole cast back for series 2 and changing the traitors.  That would really mess with their heads lol.
    That's such a great idea.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Thanks to whoever recommended The Traitors.  Wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but I'm 4 episodes in & hooked

Good idea JB. You just know that the next series will be bloody celebrities!!
  • the Beeb have already said that a celeb traitors is being planned.  Then they'll roll out the same old B listers.  Sigh.
  • TEL said:
    Started to watch Prime's " The rig" tonight. 
    Watched the first two episodes and it looks promising. 

Episode two of 1923 and it's not grabbing me the way 1893 did, but will persist. 
    I sat down today on a wet afternoon with nothing to do but binge The Rig.  I’m nearing the end of episode 3.  Stellar cast. However, if cliché ridden, moralistic scripts, an abundance of CGI confused with 1980s B movie production values and ham acting of the most spectacular kind is your thing then you’re in for a feast. If it isn’t do yourself a favour and give this a massive swerve. The problem is it’s soooo appallingly bad that it’s actually quite addictive and I kind of want to see what happens…….
  • How many episodes is it, and are they all available or is it a weekly thing ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    How many episodes is it, and are they all available or is it a weekly thing ?
    Six.  They are all available.  Against my better judgement I watched it all. It’s scarily awful. The characters are named after real life oil fields - Magnus, Heather, Fulmar, Dunlin etc.  utterly ridiculous. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    …..you are in for a treat with the next 8 episodes, especially the last 3. Avoid knowing anything about the outcome at all costs!
    Just finished it.  Brilliant show. Really enjoyed it
  • edited January 2023
    Jints said:
    Watched the first episode of Mayflies yesterday. Absolutely outstanding. 
    My Scottish mates are raving about it

I’ll get to it later. I have only just discovered how good is Tokyo Vice! 
  • Just finished 1883. Breathtaking and utterly depressing at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jessie said:
    Anyone watching 1923? The sequel to 1883 and prequel to Yellowstone. I loved 1883 and this sequel is quite good too.
     Just seen a trailer for this!

Never knew this was in the pipeline. If it's anywhere near as good as 1883 it will be a must watch
    Absolutely loved Yellowstone and have started 1923 but hadn’t heard of 1883. Will start binging that tonight! 
  • @ValleyGary is spot on about 1883 nothing gets romanticised or flowered up, at all! I was in absolute awe watching it, the scenery and sense of feeling like I was there was something you don't often experience watching a film or TV series 
  • Jessie said:
    Anyone watching 1923? The sequel to 1883 and prequel to Yellowstone. I loved 1883 and this sequel is quite good too.

Never knew this was in the pipeline. If it's anywhere near as good as 1883 it will be a must watch
    Absolutely loved Yellowstone and have started 1923 but hadn’t heard of 1883. Will start binging that tonight! 
    1883 is a quality series. Enjoy
  • Started both The Rig and Mystery Road: Origin at the weekend. Both good to watch. The Rig has a terrific cast and a great sense of foreboding. Mystery Road is interesting with good characters and lots of Aussie outback dust.
  • Started both The Rig and Mystery Road: Origin at the weekend. Both good to watch. The Rig has a terrific cast and a great sense of foreboding. Mystery Road is interesting with good characters and lots of Aussie outback dust.
    Started The Rig and couldn't believe how bad the acting was in it. The actress pouting around the broken oil rig, with a spotlessly clean white shirt on, shines out as the worst. Unless it is parody or spoof, and I'm missing it?

Might sound a bit picky, but it looks like it has a big budget, so why not do the details?
  • Jints said:
    Watched the first episode of Mayflies yesterday. Absolutely outstanding. 
    My Scottish mates are raving about it

I’ll get to it later. I have only just discovered how good is Tokyo Vice! 
    Found Mayflies a bit disappointing- started off okay but the second part wasn't great. The flashbacks didn't really work for me.

The cast was good but I think a better adaptation would have done the book justice.
  • Gribbo said:
    Started both The Rig and Mystery Road: Origin at the weekend. Both good to watch. The Rig has a terrific cast and a great sense of foreboding. Mystery Road is interesting with good characters and lots of Aussie outback dust.
    Started The Rig and couldn't believe how bad the acting was in it. The actress pouting around the broken oil rig, with a spotlessly clean white shirt on, shines out as the worst. Unless it is parody or spoof, and I'm missing it?

Might sound a bit picky, but it looks like it has a big budget, so why not do the details?
    Don’t get to the end of The Rig and pretend I didn’t warn you a few posts ago …….!!!!  Truly dreadful on a whole number of levels. 
  • TEL said:
    Started to watch Prime's " The rig" tonight. 
    Watched the first two episodes and it looks promising. 

Episode two of 1923 and it's not grabbing me the way 1893 did, but will persist. 
    I sat down today on a wet afternoon with nothing to do but binge The Rig.  I’m nearing the end of episode 3.  Stellar cast. However, if cliché ridden, moralistic scripts, an abundance of CGI confused with 1980s B movie production values and ham acting of the most spectacular kind is your thing then you’re in for a feast. If it isn’t do yourself a favour and give this a massive swerve. The problem is it’s soooo appallingly bad that it’s actually quite addictive and I kind of want to see what happens…….
    Just read this - exactly how I saw it
  • Watched the first episode of The last of us. Very bloody good!
  • Jessie said:

Grab a box of tissues
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    Watched the first episode of The last of us. Very bloody good!
    Likewise. Really enjoyed it. Pissed me right off that you can't stream the whole series to binge it!
  • Very impressed with the Last of Us
  • Traitors US on iplayer! As they say in Thailand, same same but different. Really enjoying it. Got Alan Cumming instead of Claudia Winkelman, exactly the same location and tasks (not a spoiler, this is clear from the first minute!), main difference is that half of the contestants are from reality TV shows. The dynamic is completely different, but just as fun to watch.
  • Can someone give me a précis on Last of Us please. I know it is based on a computer game but I don’t know anything about said game. 
  • cafc4life said:
    A heck of a lot of it was filmed in my hometown in Canmore, Alberta - they shot a lot on Main St (construction of the set below) & then down by the river....
  • MrOneLung said:
    Can someone give me a précis on Last of Us please. I know it is based on a computer game but I don’t know anything about said game. 
    Basically a new take on the "end of the world" genre. This time its fungal virus which takes over the human brain and turns those infected into rabid killers (not quite zombies). Focus is on events after society has tried to rebuild and the discovery of a young girl who appears to be immune.
  • cafc4life said:
    Likewise. Really enjoyed it. Pissed me right off that you can't stream the whole series to binge it!
    How many episodes is it going to be?  Might wait until I can binge it!
  • Watching Severance which is bonkers in a Black Mirror sort of way. 
    Finished Severance the other day. Outstanding. Weird and, as you say, a bit Black Mirrorish in places, but really develops into an interesting and entertaining series. Adam Scott nails the lead and there’s a great support cast including John Turturro, Chris Walken and Patricia Arquette who are all excellent.
    It had a small dip in the middle where it got a little slow, but the final three episodes are superb.
  • cafc4life said:
    How many episodes is it going to be?  Might wait until I can binge it!
    9 episodes 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Can someone give me a précis on Last of Us please. I know it is based on a computer game but I don’t know anything about said game. 
    Tha last of us was a game changer or a game, truly beautiful they clearly put as much effort into the storyline as they did the gameplay