Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Detectorists Christmas special - worth the licence fee by itself
    Caught up with it last night. Excellent as always. I’m sure they could have churned out series after series but probably a good decision not to. Felt like the end of it once and for all. 
  • late to the party, but just watched first episode of The Traitors last night.

Now gotta avoid spoilers for next week or so whilst we binge it.
  • Dark Sky - Amazon Prime Video
  • edited December 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    late to the party, but just watched first episode of The Traitors last night.

Now gotta avoid spoilers for next week or so whilst we binge it.
    Best to avoid spoilers if you can...
  • TEL said:
    Treason. Slow burner but got better after a few episodes. A few holes in the plot and poor characterisation for some of the actors, but watchable. 5/10

Netflix
    I'm watching this too and I agree. Not believable but watchable.
  • Anyone watching 1923? The sequel to 1883 and prequel to Yellowstone. I loved 1883 and this sequel is quite good too.
  • Loved ‘The Traitors’. Best ‘reality Tv’ show of all time IMHO. Bit of a slow burner getting to know the ‘players’ but, boy, the last 6 shows were superb. Had to binge watch the final episodes which is something not done since Breaking Bad.
  • Jessie said:
    Anyone watching 1923? The sequel to 1883 and prequel to Yellowstone. I loved 1883 and this sequel is quite good too.
    Yes, I'm fully invested in Taylor Sheridan and his TV universe and the Dutton family especially although Dwight Manfredi is also a fixture now 

Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren are class 
  • Carter said:
    Jessie said:
    Anyone watching 1923? The sequel to 1883 and prequel to Yellowstone. I loved 1883 and this sequel is quite good too.
    Yes, I'm fully invested in Taylor Sheridan and his TV universe and the Dutton family especially although Dwight Manfredi is also a fixture now 

I watched one episode of Tulsa King, thought it was good but wasn't realistic so I didn't continue. Many people like it though. Mayor of Kingstown was the same for me... couldn't get into it. But 1883 was such a masterpiece and I so loved it!!! 
  • Jessie said:
    As much as I liked 1883 I found the narrative story telling very annoying at times. A load of philosophical clap trap.
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:
    Loved ‘The Traitors’. Best ‘reality Tv’ show of all time IMHO. Bit of a slow burner getting to know the ‘players’ but, boy, the last 6 shows were superb. Had to binge watch the final episodes which is something not done since Breaking Bad.
    Agree. The BBC smashed it with this one. Watched the first hour long episode then the wife and I binged a further 6 more in one day! :D Great twists and turns too. I'm a bit of a Claudia Winkelman disliker but even she played the role of the twisted host great. Really hope this returns in 2023.
  • meldrew66 said:
    Loved ‘The Traitors’. Best ‘reality Tv’ show of all time IMHO. Bit of a slow burner getting to know the ‘players’ but, boy, the last 6 shows were superb. Had to binge watch the final episodes which is something not done since Breaking Bad.
    Agree. The BBC smashed it with this one. Watched the first hour long episode then the wife and I binged a further 6 more in one day! :D Great twists and turns too. I'm a bit of a Claudia Winkelman disliker but even she played the role of the twisted host great. Really hope this returns in 2023.
    I hope they pay the same attention to casting as they did in the first series. I don't want it filled with wannabe Sherlock Holmes and relaity stars, likes the fact they were a diverse bunch of otherwise normal people
  • McBobbin said:
    meldrew66 said:
    I hope they pay the same attention to casting as they did in the first series. I don't want it filled with wannabe Sherlock Holmes and relaity stars, likes the fact they were a diverse bunch of otherwise normal people
    I believe it will return with a celebrity cast - that's the way these days. 
  • Jessie said:
     Just seen a trailer for this!

Never knew this was in the pipeline. If it's anywhere near as good as 1883 it will be a must watch
  • Watched the first episode of Mayflies yesterday. Absolutely outstanding. 
  • Finished The Traitors on Sunday.
    Really enjoyed it
  • Alice in Borderland - Series 2 - Netflix, i didn't realise it was released just before xmas and i really enjoyed the first season/series. A bit like Squid games, feels a bit slow so far but just getting into it (last night)
  • Enjoyed ‘Without Sin’ on ITVX. Three ex ‘This is England’ actors. Decent twist at the end.
  • Jessie said:
    Just watched episode one. Not grabbed me as yet apart from the harrowing scenes involving the indigenous girls. But 1893 will be a very hard act to follow anyway. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jessie said:
    Carter said:
    Jessie said:

I watched one episode of Tulsa King, thought it was good but wasn't realistic so I didn't continue. Many people like it though. Mayor of Kingstown was the same for me... couldn't get into it. But 1883 was such a masterpiece and I so loved it!!! 
    Agree with you on both series ... watched one and ditched them. 
  • I've been watching Tulsa King but mainly just in background when I was doing a few bits on the laptop. It's ok, pretty much what I expected. The Sopranos it is not. 
  • Watching Severance which is bonkers in a Black Mirror sort of way. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Should be a good year for half decent reality shows.

BBC are giving Survivor another go.  It didn't do that well over here last time but I really liked it and have watched a load of the US series too, it's a really good format.  Like The Traitors it's best with quite normal people, watching who trusts the wrong person etc.

Race Across the World s3.

Traitors s2.

The Traitors reminded me of The Mole from Channel 5 ages ago, except in The Mole the Mole was also trying to sabotage the tasks.
  • Apprentice starts tonight! Usually takes a few weeks to bed in whilst they kick out the idiots.

I work with a guy who was on the production tes, and he said they put in about 5 candidates who are in with a chance and have decent business plans, and the rest are just there for entertainment.

Changing the subject, just finished watching Wednesday with the kids. Really enjoyed it, Tim Burton is a great fit and the story had enough twists and turns without disappearing up its own arse. Given me something to talk with my 11 year old about anyway 
  • Thanks to whoever recommended The Traitors.  Wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but I'm 4 episodes in & hooked
  • Thanks to whoever recommended The Traitors.  Wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, but I'm 4 episodes in & hooked
    …..you are in for a treat with the next 8 episodes, especially the last 3. Avoid knowing anything about the outcome at all costs!
  • Finished His Dark Materials this week, this season was pretty good overall and the ending in particular was done very well I thought. Although it had some diversions from the book story which I struggled with a little at times. All the actors were very good, which is to be expected of McAvoy and Ruth Wilson, but the younger main actors were very good as well.

It didn't blow me away but was a good adaption to screen - miles better than the flop film version from a decade ago and pretty faithful to the source material as well, which I love. I think you'd probably struggle with it if you didn't know the story beforehand though.
  • First there was Love Island...

Then there was...

MILF MANOR...
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt25375242/

(Like seriously? lol)
  • Started to watch Prime's " The rig" tonight. 
    Watched the first two episodes and it looks promising. 

Episode two of 1923 and it's not grabbing me the way 1893 did, but will persist.