Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Astrid .. Walter Presents C4 .. quirky French comedy/drama .. superb acting by the 'Astrid' actress
  • Stumbled onto a really good Canadian programme on Prime called Romeo Section.

Based in Vancouver, a University professor recruits staff for Canadian MI5/6 equivalents.

Two series, 20 episodes in total. Excellent fare if you like spy programmes like Spooks.

• Senorita 89 is the best drama I have seen for a long time .. 8 episodes, Spanish with subtitles .. iPlayer
  • Senorita 89 is the best drama I have seen for a long time .. 8 episodes, Spanish with subtitles .. iPlayer
    Afraid to say I really did not think it was very good at all. It's Mexican btw.
    Afraid to say I really did not think it was very good at all. It's Mexican btw.
    I know it's Mexican, but of course their language is Spanish .. pity it wasn't to your taste

Based in Vancouver, a University professor recruits staff for Canadian MI5/6 equivalents.

Two series, 20 episodes in total. Excellent fare if you like spy programmes like Spooks.

watched a couple of episodes last night, it's good and a wee bit out of the ordinary spies/cops/villains genre 
  • Book 5/Series 5 of Strike begins tonight on BBC1 @ 9pm
    4 part series.
  • Strike was rather good last night...another cold case story (there have been quite a few on TV recently) but intriguing nevertheless.
  • Strike was rather good last night...another cold case story (there have been quite a few on TV recently) but intriguing nevertheless.
    2 episodes watched last night & final 2 planned for this afternoon before the CAST Zoom & Paddy on Mastermind.
    2 episodes watched last night & final 2 planned for this afternoon before the CAST Zoom & Paddy on Mastermind.
    Yes same here Fanny. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2022
    A spy amongst friends. Afraid I lost patience with it after enduring two episodes. Very slow and wasn't gripped by the story. 
  • Watched first 2 episodes of Strike. Good to see Daniel Peacock in something. Been a while but boy does he look old
  • Strike.

Watched 2 episodes last night and the other 2 this afternoon.
    Very good, as they all have been.
  • Joe Pickett on Prime... slow start but gripping in the end. 10 episodes and set up for a second series. ( I think it's been made but can't find it as yet). 
  • Patriot. Dark, funny, weird, bizarre, upbeat, sad, strange... but very watchable. 

Same actor as Joe Pickett. 
  • A spy amongst friends. Afraid I lost patience with it after enduring two episodes. Very slow and wasn't gripped by the story. 
    A friend mentioned it to me yesterday. I thought it looked like a series I'd be interested in but I don't like those extremely slow series or films so reading your comment I guess I won't like this one either...
  • Enjoyed Strike. The book is over long with many threads, so they did a good job of changing the timeline around to give each episode it's own story, even if some bits seemed rushed.
  • New series of Last Chance U on Netflix - this one on basketball.
  • Final episode of White Lotus delivered. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jints said:
    Final episode of White Lotus delivered. 
    It definitely did, it’s been a brilliant series
  • se9addick said:
    Jints said:
    White Lotus is a weird one for me, its definitely got its moments and just falls to the right side of the usual style over substance shit Sky put out. I preferred this series to the first, just. I laughed out loud at the "I've got this" toward the end and found a lot of the Italian dialogue most amusing. If I'm honest I might have stuck with this one to see more of Simone Tabasco and Audrey Plaza rather than to see where the bodies came from 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Watched first 2 episodes of Strike. Good to see Daniel Peacock in something. Been a while but boy does he look old
    always enjoy the Strike adaptations.. I am also a big fan of the books which are usually VERY long and complicated .. seeing what plots and dodgy characters have been left out or amended is very interesting
  • Carter said:
    se9addick said:
    Jints said:
    White Lotus is a weird one for me, its definitely got its moments and just falls to the right side of the usual style over substance shit Sky put out. I preferred this series to the first, just. I laughed out loud at the "I've got this" toward the end and found a lot of the Italian dialogue most amusing. If I'm honest I might have stuck with this one to see more of Simone Tabasco and Audrey Plaza rather than to see where the bodies came from 
    Watched half of the first series and gave up, which I don't usually do. Just didn't really get what it was trying to be 
  • I have to say I’ve enjoyed previous series of Strike but this one left me totally bored. Gave up half way through second episode. Just couldn’t get into it. 
  • I have to say I’ve enjoyed previous series of Strike but this one left me totally bored. Gave up half way through second episode. Just couldn’t get into it. 
    enjoyed it, BUT the end was very rushed 

really enjoyed the first series .. the second ? .. pretty ordinary, in fact, not worth watching i m o
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Watched first 2 episodes of Strike. Good to see Daniel Peacock in something. Been a while but boy does he look old
    always enjoy the Strike adaptations.. I am also a big fan of the books which are usually VERY long and complicated .. seeing what plots and dodgy characters have been left out or amended is very interesting
    What's happened to his leg/limp now ?  First series he is moaning & groaning if he had to walk more than 100 yards & even took it off (its false in case you haven't seen the series) to rest his leg. Now he is practically running everywhere & no hint of a limp. 

Then again I doubt you'd be limp if you had to act opposite Holiday Grainger. (One for the innuendo thread)
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    What's happened to his leg/limp now ?  First series he is moaning & groaning if he had to walk more than 100 yards & even took it off (its false in case you haven't seen the series) to rest his leg. Now he is practically running everywhere & no hint of a limp. 

Then again I doubt you'd be limp if you had to act opposite Holiday Grainger. (One for the innuendo thread)
    without 'spoiling' ... that occurred to me as well .. aside from that, the books must be VERY hard to abridge and adapt, for me this was not a particularly good adaptation of the book .. shouldn't affect his stump though .. agree about Holiday, a real yummy yum lol