Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEWS on OS - New Kit Sponsor - Andrews Air Conditioning

Comments

• Options
    lol the WBA one on that link is attrocious
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    As I think our leader said above, people can give opinions its a forum where folk agree and disagree. Personally if I were running a business I'd welcome all views, and marketers would see negative views as an opportunity, right kids? This is a business transaction after all. I do run a service and welcome all criticisms whether they be constructive or not.

Not sure what the balance is between shirt sales and sponsor but I am guessing the latter is far more profitable, so what do they care? I'm someone who believes with a bit of research you can go a lot further to pleasing more people on all the above, sure there may have been issues that we don't know above, but opinion can only be given on what is known about it.
  • Options
    As I said above, more people are worried about their own perceived lack of street cred than the actual benefit to our club. Everyone would have liked the Charlton brand to be associated with Microsoft (except Apple addicts) but it wasn't to be was it.

Instead we get a local company, clearly on the up, run by fans who were prepared to back us financially. Well done to all concerned I say and lets hope it works out well for us both.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    As I said above, more people are worried about their own perceived lack of street cred than the actual benefit to our club. Everyone would have liked the Charlton brand to be associated with Microsoft (except Apple addicts) but it wasn't to be was it.

Instead we get a local company, clearly on the up, run by fans who were prepared to back us financially. Well done to all concerned I say and lets hope it works out well for us both.
    No one likes the LOGO it's nothing to do with the brand!!

Give it a rest with the street cred nonsense. if it doesnt look nice then why would anyone want to wear it.

• Options
    A I'm a grown man and don't wear colours anyway
    Indeed. People are going to wear it playing football or at the football, it's hardly a fashion statement & unless your nights out consist of drinking cider in the park or smoking crack on the bench outside of the nearest Wetherspoons, it's hardly a design to make such a fuss about.
    I know Charlton fans love a replica shirt, would be interesting to know how much revenue each year is gained from shirt sales and how much of an impact it has on the clubs finances - we're not talking on the scale of United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

exactly, you would want it blue with a lion on it if that was the case........
  • Options
    Boom boom! well played cafcdave123.
  • Options

Give it a rest with the street cred nonsense. if it doesnt look nice then why would anyone want to wear it.

So you wear your Charlton shirts as a fashion statement?
  • Options
    A I'm a grown man and don't wear colours anyway
    Indeed. People are going to wear it playing football or at the football, it's hardly a fashion statement & unless your nights out consist of drinking cider in the park or smoking crack on the bench outside of the nearest Wetherspoons, it's hardly a design to make such a fuss about.
    I know Charlton fans love a replica shirt, would be interesting to know how much revenue each year is gained from shirt sales and how much of an impact it has on the clubs finances - we're not talking on the scale of United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

exactly, you would want it blue with a lion on it if that was the case........
    Blimey, some of you are on a roll today, some original & witty digs for a change!

• Options

This...Well said, you should post that on the Facebook page

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know, i feel embarrassed that they might be reading this. And if that makes me rose tinted so what.

Im just grateful someone input some money into the club. Did someone think it was going to be O2?
    To be fair, companies don't do shirt sponsorship primarily out of attachment to the club in question, but for hard nosed commercial reasons. Will we (Andrews) get the right commercial return out of sponsoring Charlton (increased sales, brand awareness) or should we put the money into promotion elsewhere (e.g. sponsoring another sport or trade promotions) or save the money as it's not worth it commercially? Andrews want the national publicity that Charlton can deliver (success on the pitch obviously helps here, though a massive scandal can also have the same effect)
  • Options

No but I dont like to wear clothes that look horrible.
  • Options

Walk down any street and witness people wearing all kinds of crap because it has a crocodile on it, or whatever other "designer" logo they have decided will impress other equally shallow folk.

• Options

Walk down any street and witness people wearing all kinds of crap because it has a crocodile on it, or whatever other "designer" logo they have decided will impress other equally shallow folk.

Like people in Ugg boots or Louis Vuitton handbags, purses, wallets, belts, etc. Horrific.

• Options
    I think we have missed a great opportunity hear. We finally get the most popular kit manufacturer in sporting history to produce our shirts and they , Nike , put ( what looks like) zero effort into the design and then secondly the club adorns the shirt with a local air conditioning firm and makes a dull shirt look ten times worse. I'm not knocking the the sponsorship because the club needs the money but i think it will affect kit sales in the long run. My eldest took one look at it and turned his nose up and he normally loves anything with the Nike badge on it.
    Just an opinion.
  • Options
    All a matter of personal taste, some like it , some don't and some aren't bothered. What's the problem? And as RCT said, nobody has actually slagged off the new sponsors. I'm glad we've got a new sponsor in these difficult times and that they are a local company with links to Charlton. Personally, I wouldn't buy the new shirt, but that doesn't make me a hypocrite.
  • Options
    Christ, talk about mountain out of molehill.

Some people think that the shrt this year with that sponsorship on looks naff. of course the financial benefits outweigh that, but people are entitled to their opinion, and shouldnt be twisted as a slight on the individuals and company involved.

We all support the club buy we don't all religiously have to like absolutely everything to do with it.
    Here, Here.I can say that because i am not in the clique.Smily face.

• Options
    Got no problem with this. Good deal, local company and Addicks fans.
  • Options
    In 6 months time, we won't even notice it....it will just blend into the background and we will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Was it the best deal for the club? If so, then that's all that really matters; although the fact that it seems to be a local firm with a fan in charge is an added bonus, IMHO.
  • Options
    I guess the big questions here are

What are Nike paying us?
    What are Andrews paying us?
    What will our shirt sales be?

By comparing this to the equivalent numbes for Macron and KRBS for 2011/12 (in a lower division but possibly in kinder economic circumstances) we can see the true worth of this deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've seen it, I've been hanging on the phone for ages because having seen it I am obsessed with getting a bit of some Andrews Air Conditioning NOW!!!
    Held in a queue of football fans.......grrrrr!
  • Options
    On a slightly different note, interesting that their head office is in Wolverhampton.
    Could be because cheaper staff and rent than daahn saarf/ london and also central location.

Let's hope that the Junior Wolves Pack doesn't lay waste to Andrews' head office/nerve centre after we've been to Molineux and done the Wolf Cubs 5-0 .. Austin hat trick :-)
  • Options

No but I dont like to wear clothes that look horrible.
    Why wear football shirts then?
  • Options
    Not all Football shirts look horrible though.
  • Options
    Not all Football shirts look horrible though.
    On adults who aren't playing football yes they do. IMHO of course.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Nor does this one, and the suggestion that a dull logo makes it horrible is simply ridiculous. We get that you don't like it, but it's far from horrible. You could say it's nothing special, say it's not to your taste, or it's a bit dull, and we'd all believe you, but as I stated earlier, far too many on here are spouting hyperbole and I'm not really sure why.
  • Options
    They'll be like a breath of fresh air around the club.

I also think they used to have the executive box behind Kings Hill Addick
    Are those the chaps that had a box in the Premier League and used to bring away fans that used to get drunk and abuse the home fans in front of them, swearing and all?

If so I would have to confess to being uncomfortable advertising their company on my chest, especially as one of the directors of that company told me that he paid £33k for his box and as my seat was only £525 if I didn't like their guests I should f**k off and sit somewhere else.

If, however, that was a different company then "Welcome aboard!"
  • Options
    Think that was The Samaritans box you're thinking off KHA.
  • Options
    What would look worse?
    Maybe a shirt with no sponsor?
    The shirt itself may lack the looks of a columbian goalkeepers but that aint no bad thing.
  • Options
    They'll be like a breath of fresh air around the club.

I also think they used to have the executive box behind Kings Hill Addick
    Are those the chaps that had a box in the Premier League and used to bring away fans that used to get drunk and abuse the home fans in front of them, swearing and all?

If so I would have to confess to being uncomfortable advertising their company on my chest, especially as one of the directors of that company told me that he paid £33k for his box and as my seat was only £525 if I didn't like their guests I should f**k off and sit somewhere else.

If, however, that was a different company then "Welcome aboard!"
    I think that was Byran Langley rather than Andrew Sykes