Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEWS on OS - New Kit Sponsor - Andrews Air Conditioning

Comments

• Options
    Conpletely underwelmed.

Success starts at the top and if we don't get the right sponsor we will simply not be successful on the pitch.

We need a sponsor that is a class act. It's no coincidence Arsenal were unbeaten for an entire season when O2 were their sponsor.
    Please say this is a Joke...
    That's the way I read it...A joke
  • Options
    jesus people.. does it really mater? do you think kermy wont give 200% next season due to whats on the front of his shirt? do you think morro will pull out of a 50/50 tackle because of what it says on the front of his shirt?.... err no. we really need the season to start as people have way to much time to get angry/over excited about some white txt on a kit that will be gone in 9 months from now. To say we look like a pub team is an insult to the team and the club, is the rose of denmark about to begin playing in the championship? No Charlton are... wouldnt give a monkeys if we were sponserd by the knocking shop on elliscombe road as long as they were adding to the clubs coffers, its signed and sealed its only for 9 months does it warrant 7 pages??
  • Options
    Conpletely underwelmed.

Success starts at the top and if we don't get the right sponsor we will simply not be successful on the pitch.

We need a sponsor that is a class act. It's no coincidence Arsenal were unbeaten for an entire season when O2 were their sponsor.
    Blimey Scoham, I thought you'd been hacked there for a moment. Beautifully well disguised.
  • Options
    No Charlton are... wouldnt give a monkeys if we were sponserd by the knocking shop on elliscombe road
    Ah, now that's more interesting Adam. Are you recommending them ?
  • Options
    No Charlton are... wouldnt give a monkeys if we were sponserd by the knocking shop on elliscombe road

Ah, now that's more interesting Adam. Are you recommending them ?
    How long as there been a knocking shop in elliscombe road ?

• Options
    That's not where the infamous 'Lib club ' is , is it? No wonder it's so popular! :-0
  • Options
    Is this a coded message to tell us that the squad is going to blow hot and cold next season?

As to the look of the shirt some folks are asking 'does it matter?' Well to me it does and I really dislike the look of this shirt and I won't be buying it. Should it matter? Probably not, but in an image conscious society the shirt has a very amateurish cobbled together look to it. I would just have preferred a more savvy go get design to start the season off.
  • Options
    It's basically a space on the front of our proud club shirt that we are willing to sell to someone that pays us more money than anyone else is willing to pay and a name that does not compromise our club values. If this deal was the best deal on offer for the club then that's good enough for me. Well done chaps because times are hard.
  • Options
    Is this a coded message to tell us that the squad is going to blow hot and cold next season?

As to the look of the shirt some folks are asking 'does it matter?' Well to me it does and I really dislike the look of this shirt and I won't be buying it. Should it matter? Probably not, but in an image conscious society the shirt has a very amateurish cobbled together look to it. I would just have preferred a more savvy go get design to start the season off.
    You're going to wear it to The Valley, where there will be thousands of others wearing the same shirt as well as 10 on the pitch, are you that image concious that you're worried what the fans around you - that are wearing the same shirt, whilst cheering on players wearing the same shirt - think of how you look?

• Options

You're going to wear it to The Valley, where there will be thousands of others wearing the same shirt as well as 10 on the pitch, are you that image concious that you're worried what the fans around you - that are wearing the same shirt, whilst cheering on players wearing the same shirt - think of how you look?

Yup 'fraid so, it's a La Passeggiata thing. I blame it on being half Italian, female and very very broke.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I personally think that the sponsor is too high up the shirt and the 'Air Conditioning' bit doesn't really look great. Think that 'Andrews Sykes' on its own would have been OK, although their logo doesn't look fantastic either
  • Options
    The commercial department must know that the revenue to the club from shirt sales is considerably less than the money up front from the shirt sponsor. No consideration had been given to what this makes the shirt look like, which must influence how many are sold.

The money up front must be considerable (ish)

• Options
    Good research TelMc32

I know Derby's shirt sponsor as I've bought my phone from them, but most of the other sponsors are either a bit spivvy or very local. Thinking back to the 'good' old days, 'The Woolwich' were the perfect sponsor, respectable, and a well know genuinely local business, sigh. Didn't give us much money though, I recall!

The only proviso about the dull shirt (IMHO) and dull looking sponsor, is that it might affect shirt sales?
  • Options
    were FADS, FADS, F-A-D-S, FADS local or a national company , did they go under
  • Options
    When was the last time we had a sponsor that some people weren't "underwhelmed" by?

People have slagged off Cabrini, KRBS, Llanera, Redbus, Viglin and just about all the rest other than the Woolwich.
    I would re-engineer that statement: when have we ever had a sponsor who were either local, niche, obscure or went bust?

Frankly I couldn't give a toss what it says on the shirt other than Charlton Athletic.

West Ham for example have had such great sponsors as XL and Dagenham Motors or Dr Martens (very appropriate).

If we make the Premier League then maybe we'll have more reason to moan if the name is less than a household one.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Intreresting that it's only a one-year deal though hopefully in a positive way - strike a mutually attractive short-term deal with a local firm now, knowing that the massive investment coming will make us much more attractive as a longer-term shirt sponsorship proposition in a year's time?

• Options
    Don't really care who the sponsors are (always get used to them in time). Looks far too big for too big for the shirt though.
  • Options
    Really don't give a hoot on what the sponsor looks like, as I won't be buying a shirt this season. Made my mind up on that when I first saw the shirt at the pool match. Doesn't matter who the sponsor is. You can't polish a turd.

As long as it's a good deal for the club financially then that's good enough for me. I'll just carry on wearing my Macron shirts until further notice..................
  • Options
    All our sponsors throughout the years have been shite, KRBS and AAC have one major difference... They have given us a large chunk of Cash to pay our players with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/Charlton_Athletic.htm
    If you click on the link for last seasons Macron shirt, you'll see they're selling them for £65.00. They realise after this seasons poor effort, people will be flocking to buy this.............
  • Options
    historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/Charlton_Athletic.htm
    It's interesting when you compare us with Palace, who've had several changes of colours. I never realised they started out in claret and blue!

• Options
    that shirt has gone from decent to dire!!!!!
  • Options
    Nope our fans attitudes have gone from decent to dire.
  • Options
    Not knocking the actual company as they're obviously successful and are willing to give us money but you can't help but be underwhelmed. As someone said it would probably look better if it said 'Andrew Sykes Group' or even if it said AAC and had a decent logo, but to outsiders it probably looks like a little air con company from the local high street.

My first impression of it was that it looks like a Welling shirt.
  • Options
    As long as the club gain income and investment from it for the year really couldn't care, could be worse
  • Options
    At least we're not "doing a Cardiff"...
  • Options
    The more I look at it, the less awful it is. I like simple sponsor names, classics like NEC, JVC or even KRBS I quite liked. AAC would be my preference, but if they pay by the letter then maybe they should consider adding 'solutions group' to their name. Will still buy it, but having Air Conditioning plastered across the shirt does cheapen it.
  • Options
    The sponsor name looks good on the jersey. I just don't like this Nike style! I rather stick with the olde one! I really expected more from Nike design!
  • Options
    For those that have just joined the debate, I will rehash what I wrote earlier. No point in having Andrews or ACC on the shirt when no one knows what business you are in, think about it. Yes, if you are Mars you can just have your logo, but if you are trying to spread the word about a smaller company, people have to know what you do.