Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEWS on OS - New Kit Sponsor - Andrews Air Conditioning

Comments

• Options
    Don't think that Air conditioning type needs to be the same size as Andrews though. Nothing stands out they way it's designed. Personally think it should primarily say Andrews maybe air conditioning or climate control smaller underneath. The logo mark is pretty generic also which doesn't help.
    Nug, I have commented on the other thread under the pic you posted. The way Andrews Air Conditioning is shown on our new shirts is the same as it is displayed on their web site & products etc. Its all about brand awareness so why should they change their company branding to suit us?
    Not saying they should, although I think the elements of their identity could be designed better, and that's not just from our point of view but from theirs as well. Nothing gets noticed on that arrangement, it's very amateurishly designed and put together.

When companies grow logos are always a problem.

However, in this case the logo describes what this company does. Can't knock it for that. They support our club. Some of our supporters will be in a position to put business their way. Hopefully we will do well in the Championship and get televised matches that will justify their investment.

They are a Charlton company. The logo will be on the shirt. Done deal.

• Options
    Well its only for a year. That and the fact we will have more time to tell Nike what we actually want means next season's shirt should be much tastier.
  • Options
    'It's gonna be cool
    It's gonna be coo-oool
    Andrews Air Conditioning
    It's gonna be cool'
  • Options
    KHA - not sure about the reasoning, but sounds plausible. I'd think sponsors of Celtic, or any of the big European clubs who can claim a global following & the shirt sales that go with that, would be more put-out at this option though.

Agree with you that this would seriously reduce any financial terms for sponsorship, more so for clubs other than those in the above group. I suspect sponsors here see that there is sufficient exposure in the number of tv games these clubs get and they attract global brands that reach (or are intent on reaching) those markets that receive Prem/Celtic/Rangers games.

I'm not sure how big Andrews Sykes market is overseas, I know where they say they are, but we'll obviously get more exposure this year & this could be a toe-in-the-water job (one year deal) for both of us.

As I've said before, I like that my club supports and is being supported by a strong, local business who have a track record of sponsoring us.

It just seems very Charlton and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned!!
  • Options
    Rangers and Celtic both offer a limited number of un-sponsored shirts, but they are really low numbers (and normally cost £5 more). The only other alternative I know is soccer triads.com who offer un-sponsored shirts but a) I'm not sure of their legitimacy, and b) I'm not sure if they'd stock Charlton
  • Options
    Seems that any shirt sponsor only parts with their cash on the basis that their brand gets as much exposure as is possible and that includes having as many fans as possible traipsing up and down the high street and round the hotel swimming pool with it emblazoned on their football shirt. Given that that's the only reason our team Charlton get this much needed revenue I can't understand why anybody who wants a Charlton replica shirt would want one that isn't identical to those worn on matchdays by our Hero's ? and perhaps weaken Charltons negotiating position in future sponsorship negotiations.
  • Options
    Any news on them being on sale/shop opening ?
  • Options
    Any news on them being on sale/shop opening ?
    Not yet MOG. Closed on Friday 1st for "several weeks" as first stage of a two-stage refit.
  • Options
    Thanks. Still think they're missing a trick not selling anything at all at the moment though.
  • Options
    If you go round the back door and ask for Tony he'll see you alright. The Nike training gear is decent but no badges.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks. Still think they're missing a trick not selling anything at all at the moment though.
    I guess they think The Euro's will keep people happy for a couple of weeks, open when the Olympics is on should be more of a priority.
  • Options
    The authentic kits (or at least the Adidas ones) have a stretchy rubber membrane bit across the shouldersm chest and back designed to pull your ribcage up and out, increasing lung capacity and therefore performance. The kit is also fitted and really hugs the player, look at recent chelsea kits and you will see how tight they all look. They are also lighter and wick moisture away from the body more effectively than the supporters kit. However seeing as most people wear the kit to watch the team instead of wearing it to play football in, it's not really that popular.

This is common in American sports such as Football. You can buy a replica and Authentic. Authentic will be exactly the same as the players wear on game day normally alot thicker and stronger than the replica and 3 times the cost.
  • Options
    I guess they think The Euro's will keep people happy for a couple of weeks, open when the Olympics is on should be more of a priority.
    ;)

http://trainingcamps.london2012.com/Sporting-Venues/England/Other/723303/Charlton-Athletic-Football-Club.htm#campOlympic
  • Options
    Out of interest, Forest have done a similar deal to us (1 year deal with a local firm) - nicer looking 'logo' though even if it is just text!

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2808495,00.html
  • Options
    most of us already have pie on the front of our shirts at half time..
    Out of interest, Forest have done a similar deal to us (1 year deal with a local firm) - nicer looking 'logo' though even if it is just text!

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2808495,00.html
  • Options
    Also, Huddersfield are being sponsored by a cider firm I've never heard of, so I think Andrews Air Conditioning as a brand is pretty well in line with most Championship sponsors.
  • Options
    I wonder if Watford fans are underwhelmed...

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~2818941,00.html
  • Options
    The authentic kits (or at least the Adidas ones) have a stretchy rubber membrane bit across the shouldersm chest and back designed to pull your ribcage up and out, increasing lung capacity and therefore performance. The kit is also fitted and really hugs the player, look at recent chelsea kits and you will see how tight they all look. They are also lighter and wick moisture away from the body more effectively than the supporters kit. However seeing as most people wear the kit to watch the team instead of wearing it to play football in, it's not really that popular.

This is common in American sports such as Football. You can buy a replica and Authentic. Authentic will be exactly the same as the players wear on game day normally alot thicker and stronger than the replica and 3 times the cost.
    I'd love to know how many "authentic" tops they sell
  • Options

Can you imagine the fry up on here if they were our sponsors : - )

• Options

What an awful yolk that was Henners

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's hope that will give us an advantage over Watford, just as we poached Wiggins off them last summer
  • Options
    You never know, it may give them a good crack at the title
  • Options
    Good shirt sponsor IMHO. Bet there was a right scramble to get them on board.
  • Options

What an awful yolk that was Henners

I'm sorry, please be over easy with me.
  • Options
    Here we go, I was eggsasperated when I realised there were about to be endless puns on this thread with poultry good ones.
  • Options
    I wonder if Watford poached them from anyone else ?
  • Options
    Apparently the sponsorship was very low, in fact it was chicken feed.

Sorry I'll get me coat
  • Options
    I heard their sponsor will give them the financial backing to have a good chicken run at the title.

*already got me coat.
  • Options
    They are probably eggstatic with their new sponsor :-)
  • Options
    Will this finally answer the age-old question of who comes first, when The Venky's Chickens of Blackburn play the Happy Egg Hornets??