Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEWS on OS - New Kit Sponsor - Andrews Air Conditioning

Comments

• Options
    They'll be like a breath of fresh air around the club.

I also think they used to have the executive box behind Kings Hill Addick
    Are those the chaps that had a box in the Premier League and used to bring away fans that used to get drunk and abuse the home fans in front of them, swearing and all?

If so I would have to confess to being uncomfortable advertising their company on my chest, especially as one of the directors of that company told me that he paid £33k for his box and as my seat was only £525 if I didn't like their guests I should f**k off and sit somewhere else.

If, however, that was a different company then "Welcome aboard!"
    I think that was Byran Langley rather than Andrew Sykes

I hope so - although I don't recognise any of the chaps in the photo with CP, so I wasn't sure it was them.
  • Options
    Superb business acumen on behalf of King Slater yet again..

By getting weather dependent products like Air Conditioning on the shirts we can maximise sponsorship opportunities regardless of global climate change, across an entire season. These seasonal and weather dependent sponsorship deals are very big in NFL and yet again Charlton lead the way in progressive commercial management

Rumour has it that several more global south-east London corporates will be backing the scheme over the next few weeks. Some of the bigger names being whispered around the Valley include:

Lewisham Log-Burning Stoves
    The Maize Hill Marmalade Company
    Dick's-Dufflecoats.co.uk
    Wayne's Woolly Hat stall at Greenwhich Market (Sats only)
    Blackheath Brollys of Distinction
    Gary's Gazebos and Marquee Hire (Plumstead) Limited
    Deano's Double Glazing, Facias and Customised Conservatories for your Home (only available in XXXL)

• Options
    Trevors Brooms?

;)
  • Options
    Nor does this one, and the suggestion that a dull logo makes it horrible is simply ridiculous. We get that you don't like it, but it's far from horrible. You could say it's nothing special, say it's not to your taste, or it's a bit dull, and we'd all believe you, but as I stated earlier, far too many on here are spouting hyperbole and I'm not really sure why.
    Nope not changed my mind, still think it looks horrible with that logo on it. Like i said previously I might change my mind once I see it in the shop.

• Options
    I feel sorry for chris Powell.. I bet he had to lie through his teeth...

(shirt gets unveiled)
    'oh that's looks lovely , simple design , perfect'

• Options
    edited June 2012
    It's not the most trendy of logos and unlike some of those that we've had in the past there is no ambiguity as to what the company does. It doesn't look like the company logo was designed by Saatchi and Saatchi, and there is no street cred air conditioning.

In my view it doesn't look as good as many of the other sponsors we've had, but it's not the worst. I would have preferred a household name and a trendy company, of course I would, but I'd rather have another player in the squad, and we do have a Nike kit. I think there are much more pressing things to be disappointed about, at least for me there are.

I will still be buying both home and away shirt for me, and one or the other (or both if he wants them) for my son.

I would be tempted towards the Nike/Charlton leisure wear that is sponsor free though - I think the team shirt is about all I would want to wear with a sponsor's name on it.
  • Options
    Oh and, please, no sponsor on the back of the shirt or on the shorts. I know this can generate more revenue, but I don't want to look like a formula one driver.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't really understand why people turn their noses up at a reputable engineering company. That attitude is rather typical of the country as a whole though and not one that would prevail in Germany or Japan.
    What would we have preferred: some dodgy bank, a loan shark, or something really classy like an on-line bookmakers operating out of Gibraltar?
    Oh I know, Duff Beer, Homer's favourite!
  • Options
    I like it-but with the sponsor it looks even more like the Barnsley kit
  • Options

Are those the chaps that had a box in the Premier League and used to bring away fans that used to get drunk and abuse the home fans in front of them, swearing and all?

If so I would have to confess to being uncomfortable advertising their company on my chest, especially as one of the directors of that company told me that he paid £33k for his box and as my seat was only £525 if I didn't like their guests I should f**k off and sit somewhere else.

I hope so - although I don't recognise any of the chaps in the photo with CP, so I wasn't sure it was them.
    Brian & langley. And I highly doubt it was that box. That's my dads friends box who is a charlton supporter now sitting in the west stand. I used to go in there quite a bit. They've also done a fair bit of work on the building at the valley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Brian & langley. And I highly doubt it was that box. That's my dads friends box who is a charlton supporter now sitting in the west stand. I used to go in there quite a bit. They've also done a fair bit of work on the building at the valley
    Not that it really matters, but the box in question is at the back of the East Stand on the half way line. I can't remember who the company was that had it now, nor do I remember exactly when it was, but they left at the end of the season. I think the club didn't agree with the thought that if they paid more they could do what they like. Although that may well have had nothing to do with them leaving.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    just for the hyper sensitive amongst you ...of course the deal that is best financially/morally for the club is the most important thing and i'm sure this is why we have this mob as sponsor, as Charlton fans i personally think they are being charitable rather than looking at us as the start of a mass global advertising push.

now on to my opinion about the look of it , similar to a few of the views mentioned above
    my first thought was that so looks like a lower non league club shirt (below the conference) or a sunday league pub kit (where one of the players old man has sponsored the kit)
    also the red looks rank ..... this was from the picture i first saw of the one on the hanger

the picture with SCP holding it makes the shirt look a nicer colour

the sponsors bit looks a bit naff cos it has so much lettering, (22 is this a record) less looks best for these type of things

anyway i've got 3 boys old enough to wear the kit and i will be lying to them very shortly about how smart the shirt looks , you have to brainwash these kids
    will i get one , no , unless my sons want me to have one , all about give and take

• Options
    As the deal is for only one year theres a big chance that either nike will give us a new kit next year and/or the sponsorship might change. Not sure whether I'll spend the £40 on it knowing that tbh as it's not the prettiest
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Other Championship sponsors

Barnsley - CK Beckett
    Birmingham - To Be Confirmed
    Blackburn - TBC (shirt on sale blank at the moment and can be added later)
    Blackpool - wonga.com
    Bolton - 188BET
    Brighton - Brighton & Hove Jobs.com
    Bristol City - Resource Solutions Group PLC (Home) & Bristol City Community Trust (Away)
    Burnley - Fun88.com
    Cardiff - Malaysia
    Palace - GAC Logistics
    Derby - buymobilephones.net
    Huddersfield - Kirklees College (Home) & Radian B (Away)
    Hull - Cash Converters
    Ipswich - Marcus Evans Group
    Leeds - TBC
    Leicester - King Power
    Boro - Ramsdens
    Millwall - Racing +
    Forest - Victor Chandler
    Peterborough - PREL (P'boro Renewable Energy Ltd)
    Wendys - TBC
    Watford - Burrda
    Wolves - TBC (just a guess as they are only showing the back of the shirt on their web shop)

Looking at that lot...bar about a quarter, how many had you all actually heard of or are anything other than local businesses (or even just part of the club itself) helping out their clubs. And as for some of the logo designs...

I like that we have a local business prepared to put money into the club and I hope they get the desired effect back...their profile has already been raised considerably...and that's just on here!!

And just to add a little spice to end on...they have a Middle East operation, where A.C. is very, very popular!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with it and anyway only people under 16 wear them so it's all good
  • Options
    Would have preferred a creatine company
  • Options
    Who wouldn't , creatine changes the world and how we think jt
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't think there's one company shirt sponsor of the other clubs (see above), that I would definitely say I prefer, is less embarassing bladee blah.

Either, I haven't heard of them, they're betting companies, loan sharks, a college ?

Jeez, there are too many precious people.

The board need a sponsor that fits with a decent image ie not betting, loans, alcohol etc and will give us a good deal.

What the wording looks like is immaterial, although yes AAC may look better.

If you don't want a shirt, don't buy one ffs !
  • Options
    Well done to the board for getting this sponsorship. Looking at the list above we've done really well. It's a lot better than a dodgy online betting company (IMHO).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "This time next year, we'll be millionaires!"
  • Options
    I don't think there's one company shirt sponsor of the other clubs (see above), that I would definitely say I prefer, is less embarassing bladee blah.

Either, I haven't heard of them, they're betting companies, loan sharks, a college ?

Jeez, there are too many precious people.

The board need a sponsor that fits with a decent image ie not betting, loans, alcohol etc and will give us a good deal.

What the wording looks like is immaterial, although yes AAC may look better.

If you don't want a shirt, don't buy one ffs !
    Exactly.
  • Options
    Other Championship sponsors

Barnsley - CK Beckett
    Birmingham - To Be Confirmed
    Blackburn - TBC (shirt on sale blank at the moment and can be added later)
    Blackpool - wonga.com
    Bolton - 188BET
    Brighton - Brighton & Hove Jobs.com
    Bristol City - Resource Solutions Group PLC (Home) & Bristol City Community Trust (Away)
    Burnley - Fun88.com
    Cardiff - Malaysia
    Palace - GAC Logistics
    Derby - buymobilephones.net
    Huddersfield - Kirklees College (Home) & Radian B (Away)
    Hull - Cash Converters
    Ipswich - Marcus Evans Group
    Leeds - TBC
    Leicester - King Power
    Boro - Ramsdens
    Millwall - Racing +
    Forest - Victor Chandler
    Peterborough - PREL (P'boro Renewable Energy Ltd)
    Wendys - TBC
    Watford - Burrda
    Wolves - TBC (just a guess as they are only showing the back of the shirt on their web shop)

Looking at that lot...bar about a quarter, how many had you all actually heard of or are anything other than local businesses (or even just part of the club itself) helping out their clubs. And as for some of the logo designs...

I like that we have a local business prepared to put money into the club and I hope they get the desired effect back...their profile has already been raised considerably...and that's just on here!!

And just to add a little spice to end on...they have a Middle East operation, where A.C. is very, very popular!!! ;-)

Good research. In the real world this is what Championship clubs get
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options

Don't understand Andrews' interest in getting a footy sponsorship though... I'm no business expert, but surely we're not their target audience? Or maybe they think we're all builders?

Fans and replica wearing herberts arent the target audience. We are playing in the second flight of English football and our shirt will no doubt appear on tv programmes and in national newspapers and depending on our level of success that kind of exposure would cost a fortune in general advertising.

Branson didnt sponsor the nigels with Fly Virgin because he wanted to corner the Croydon air travel market he did it to gain exposure. When they played in the cup final that year (and the replay) they would have had a worldwide audience more than likely and that's what they pay the money for.

Yeah, you are right. But I guess I mean, Air Con units have a relatively limited target market. I mean, how many people buy air con units compared to how many choose to Fly Virgin... Whatever, I am sure they have a business plan. Well done to Marketing people for getting the cash. Just a shame Andrews don't spend as much money on their logo!
  • Options

Don't understand Andrews' interest in getting a footy sponsorship though... I'm no business expert, but surely we're not their target audience? Or maybe they think we're all builders?

Fans and replica wearing herberts arent the target audience. We are playing in the second flight of English football and our shirt will no doubt appear on tv programmes and in national newspapers and depending on our level of success that kind of exposure would cost a fortune in general advertising.

Branson didnt sponsor the nigels with Fly Virgin because he wanted to corner the Croydon air travel market he did it to gain exposure. When they played in the cup final that year (and the replay) they would have had a worldwide audience more than likely and that's what they pay the money for.

Yeah, you are right. But I guess I mean, Air Con units have a relatively limited target market. I mean, how many people buy air con units compared to how many choose to Fly Virgin... Whatever, I am sure they have a business plan. Well done to Marketing people for getting the cash. Just a shame Andrews don't spend as much money on their logo!
    Let's face it, it looks like crap and we all know it. Whoever said Blue Square South was bang on the money.

Speaking of money though, sod it, let's take what we can get as a club and move on. Hopefully performances on the pitch will put paid to the inevitable stick we'll be getting.

• Options
    My big worry about this sponsor is the history of our past ones ie redbus , allsports
    Llanera they all went bust. I can't see many air cond units being sold in this weather
  • Options
    My big worry about this sponsor is the history of our past ones ie redbus , allsports
    Llanera they all went bust. I can't see many air cond units being sold in this weather
    Don't worry, they only lease portable air-conditioning units.
  • Options
    Conpletely underwelmed.

Success starts at the top and if we don't get the right sponsor we will simply not be successful on the pitch.

We need a sponsor that is a class act. It's no coincidence Arsenal were unbeaten for an entire season when O2 were their sponsor.
  • Options
    Conpletely underwelmed.

Success starts at the top and if we don't get the right sponsor we will simply not be successful on the pitch.

We need a sponsor that is a class act. It's no coincidence Arsenal were unbeaten for an entire season when O2 were their sponsor.
    Please say this is a Joke...