Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEWS on OS - New Kit Sponsor - Andrews Air Conditioning

Comments

• Options
    It looks like they have a few bob
    http://www.andrews-sykes.com/info/chairmans-statement/
  • Options
    No sponsor should ever be viewed by supporters as "looking great on a shirt". It's a means to an end, and that is to bring in additional revenue to support the club. It's nice that CAFC remain very moral with this and try to look for local firms, and exclude gambling and debt websites. It's also nice that we are one of the few teams in the Championship not to have another name on the backs of the shirts, or backs of the shorts.
  • Options
    Think what people have to understand is that companies are still feeling the knock on of the recession. The last thing companies will want to do at this moment in time is start to chuck money at advertising on the shirts of football clubs when they may have made ex amount of staff redundent over the last 12 months. Secondly, budgets for marketing and sponsorship have been cut at most companies, rightly or wrongly, but when we are facing the economic problems as we have all done over the last four years there are certain things that have to be wither reduced or in some cases stopped. However there are companies out there such as Sykes where companies will still require their products, and the fact that as a group they employ 500 would suggest they are a big player. The products in which they hire and sell are ones in which are not seasonal, and will be hired in all seasons bringing in a steady revenue stream.

You also have to take into consideration that if we had a gambling or a brewery the club would not be allowed to sell shirts to under 18's with the shirt sponsor on.

Finally although we love the club dearly, we may not be as attractive to some companies than others out there at this moment in time, so to find any form of shirt sponsor that ticks all the boxes is a difficult thing to be doing at this moment in time.
  • Options
    I also don't understand why the sponsor has been placed in the man boob area, it should be lower down the shirt if they want to prevent winter nipples piercing through the wording.
    I get that with the old Carbini Sportswear shirt, a very well made point......hmmm

• Options
    Better financials than us!

• Options
    Dont like it at all, but despite all this, its still far better than the new Man United shirt!

Was told by someone very trustworthy on Monday about our "New" Nike kit and a link with Man Utd....i.e. hand me downs after they had rejected it as a design.
  • Options
    A hand-me-down that at least half a dozen other clubs (as shown on the other new shirt thread) have got, doesn't seem likely. It's just one of their many standard designs. Man Utd have had a bespoke design inflicted on them that looks truly horrible, I doubt they get a chance to agree/reject the kit with the amount of money Nike pay them.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    New shirt sponsor
    Andrews Air Conditioning

Cool... i'm definitely a fan, guess that ones out the window then?

Macro.. You beat me to it!
  • Options
    Dont like it at all, but despite all this, its still far better than the new Man United shirt!

Was told by someone very trustworthy on Monday about our "New" Nike kit and a link with Man Utd....i.e. hand me downs after they had rejected it as a design.
    Our kit is from the Nike catalogue and is available to anyone. Only big clubs like Man U get their own designs so find that hard to believe.

• Options
    Think what people have to understand is that companies are still feeling the knock on of the recession. The last thing companies will want to do at this moment in time is start to chuck money at advertising on the shirts of football clubs when they may have made ex amount of staff redundent over the last 12 months. Secondly, budgets for marketing and sponsorship have been cut at most companies, rightly or wrongly, but when we are facing the economic problems as we have all done over the last four years there are certain things that have to be wither reduced or in some cases stopped. However there are companies out there such as Sykes where companies will still require their products, and the fact that as a group they employ 500 would suggest they are a big player. The products in which they hire and sell are ones in which are not seasonal, and will be hired in all seasons bringing in a steady revenue stream.

You also have to take into consideration that if we had a gambling or a brewery the club would not be allowed to sell shirts to under 18's with the shirt sponsor on.

Finally although we love the club dearly, we may not be as attractive to some companies than others out there at this moment in time, so to find any form of shirt sponsor that ticks all the boxes is a difficult thing to be doing at this moment in time.
    All very true. Wish more people would look at the bigger picture and realise it's about the money not how the logo will look on them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look it's a 1 year deal, as we are hoping to be in The prem, the following year. Get over it.
  • Options
    A hand-me-down that at least half a dozen other clubs (as shown on the other new shirt thread) have got, doesn't seem likely. It's just one of their many standard designs. Man Utd have had a bespoke design inflicted on them that looks truly horrible, I doubt they get a chance to agree/reject the kit with the amount of money Nike pay them.
    In terms that Nike had them stock piled for mass production if accepted, along with other designs, they rejected them (and others) so us and others got second/third dibs

• Options
    Superb. We have our Charlton back. I am still laughing.
    This made me laugh!
  • Options
    They ruin our shirts for a season; we get a shit load of money (hopefully) is it worth it?
  • Options
    I think the club are regretting having a Facebook page for the first time...
    oh yes they are!! Haha

• Options
    Very good figures. £53.8m turnover, £11.9m profit not including a one off-sale of a property in Woolwich and £10.4m in funds.

The owner is a Charlton fan, it's a local firm with an international brand and they are willing to back the Club in hard times.

Just hope he, or any other prospective sponsor doesn't read this site or others. Biting the hand that feeds you isn't always the best idea.

• Options
    Look it's a 1 year deal, as we are hoping to be in The prem, the following year. Get over it.
    Too right , nailed on for promotion this season ... i guess that means we can now 'hang onto' Leon Clarke?
  • Options
    The kit looks similar to the play off season, without the white stripe down the left?
  • Options
    Christ, talk about mountain out of molehill.

Some people think that the shrt this year with that sponsorship on looks naff. of course the financial benefits outweigh that, but people are entitled to their opinion, and shouldnt be twisted as a slight on the individuals and company involved.

We all support the club buy we don't all religiously have to like absolutely everything to do with it.
  • Options
    Logo makes KRBS look stunning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As most have said, doesn't look great, but means to an end for both parties.

Biggest issue I have is what on earth is a company with that much profit doing with such an awful logo and identity? It might look bad for us but it makes them as a company look very amateurish, which obviously they aren't.
  • Options
    Wish the writing was smaller - very underwhelmed with the news.
  • Options
    I'm not too fussed who is on the front to be honest , but how much do you reckon its worth? a couple of new aircon units in the boardroom , or say 100k?

Or maybe the Valley is going to be fully air conditioned as a practice for the Quatari World Cup ( cue the mysterons) ... the plot thickens...
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry what the logo looks like on the shirt. Few things that we should take note of.

Well established company who are one of the leaders in their field of work. Local company to the club which is good for the community, rather than having some company who we have no identity with. They are floating on the stock market in which would suggest they have money behind them. They have grown and developed as a company branching out into different sectors, they no doubt feel they have grown as much as they can within themselves and are now looking at external promotions. Andrew Sykes has been associated as well within advertising at the club for a few years.

Gets a thumbs up from me.
    Amen!
  • Options
    Personally couldnt care less if we were sponored by a local kebab shop, as long as it benefits us financially, just over 18 months ago we would have cut our arms off for a decent sponsorship package, which is allegedly the 2nd best in the CCC.
  • Options
    I'm not dissapointed unless that shirt mock up is real...

AAC
    Avoiding Alan Curbishley
  • Options
    Personally couldnt care less if we were sponored by a local kebab shop, as long as it benefits us financially, just over 18 months ago we would have cut our arms off for a decent sponsorship package, which is allegedly the 2nd best in the CCC.
    Only second best ! Who's the best ?

• Options
    Hmmmm, like a breath of fresh air? It might be a good deal financially but it does come over as cheap and cheerful, especially on the "polo shirt". Sorry, but won't be buying one.
  • Options
    It is just the"Air conditioning" bit that looks a bit naff to me.If they just had Andrews on there it would look more aesthetically pleasing.It is good that we are sponsored by a local Company with a long history with the club.
    It's alright. We're gonna have ANDREWS on the back of one of our shirts come August. ;-)
    Great post!!
  • Options
    anything that deters grown men wearing replica shirts is good news

once all the league badges are plastered all over the sleeves etc it'll look fine on the players.