Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEWS on OS - New Kit Sponsor - Andrews Air Conditioning

Comments

• Options
    I guess it's all well and good saying just keep Andrew on the shirt but they will be paying more for specific advertising.
  • Options
    OH, and imagine it with KERMOGANT 36 and the League One Champions badges... makes it a look nicer IMO. ;)
  • Options
    They best be given us a lot of money for that.
  • Options
    People are spot on with the air conditioning bit, makes it look naff.

I also don't understand why the sponsor has been placed in the man boob area, it should be lower down the shirt if they want to prevent winter nipples piercing through the wording.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry what the logo looks like on the shirt. Few things that we should take note of.

Well established company who are one of the leaders in their field of work. Local company to the club which is good for the community, rather than having some company who we have no identity with. They are floating on the stock market in which would suggest they have money behind them. They have grown and developed as a company branching out into different sectors, they no doubt feel they have grown as much as they can within themselves and are now looking at external promotions. Andrew Sykes has been associated as well within advertising at the club for a few years.

Gets a thumbs up from me.
  • Options
    People are spot on with the air conditioning bit, makes it look naff.

I also don't understand why the sponsor has been placed in the man boob area, it should be lower down the shirt if they want to prevent winter nipples piercing through the wording.
    This has been a design craze for some time now.....suits the gym lad but sadly not the average beer loving fan.

• Options
    It is just the"Air conditioning" bit that looks a bit naff to me.If they just had Andrews on there it would look more aesthetically pleasing.It is good that we are sponsored by a local Company with a long history with the club.
    But then only Charlton fans would know what they do, might as well just have a ground board?

People could google it or find out in other ways what they do.Thinking about that they would probably think it is a cure for indigestion.

But why would they? If I was paying for shirt sponsorship, I would not want to rely on sad saps like me being interested enough to google it, I would want all potential air con users to know who I am. Agree with the epsom salts confusion though...
  • Options
    I will wait and see in a few weeks how the final product looks.
    My only other comment is it is a shame they have not used the same logo as they have on there website, as that would look nicer (IMHO)
    I have to say they are the only company that put in a good bid for a very tricky server room for a bank I build about 15 years ago and they did a great job.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I guess the away shirt will have a different brand from the same PLC.
    They hire boilers too.
    Away shirt: Andrews Boilers.
    Haha. Who cares though? It's money in the bank!
  • Options
    The only important thing that goes on a CAFC shirt is the badge, the players in the shirts are far more important to me and these guys have helped fund that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well if nothing else a lot more people on CL have a lot more awareness of the firm than they did an hour ago.

Who said sponsorship doesn't work : - )
  • Options
    I'm not moaning but the top with this sponsor reminds me of what the blokes that fix our aircon in the office wear :(

• Options
    edited June 2012
    It is just the"Air conditioning" bit that looks a bit naff to me.If they just had Andrews on there it would look more aesthetically pleasing.It is good that we are sponsored by a local Company with a long history with the club.
    It's alright. We're gonna have ANDREWS on the back of one of our shirts come August. ;-)
  • Options
    At least we have this forum to vent our collective spleens!
  • Options
    ... and we have a vested interest in making the club some money...
  • Options
    But then only Charlton fans would know what they do, might as well just have a ground board?

People could google it or find out in other ways what they do.Thinking about that they would probably think it is a cure for indigestion.

But why would they? If I was paying for shirt sponsorship, I would not want to rely on sad saps like me being interested enough to google it, I would want all potential air con users to know who I am. Agree with the epsom salts confusion though...
    It was all a bit tongue in cheek Algarve.I agree of course it makes sense to have a full description of what they do.I still say it looks a bit like a Company that would sponsor Welling.But if it is bringing major revenue into the club that will do me.I will not be buying a shirt,but as i never buy one anyway,no change there.

• Options
    Can anybody actually confirm the point / provide a source for it supposedly being the 2nd biggest sponsorship deal in the championship?
  • Options
    The only important thing that goes on a CAFC shirt is the badge, the players in the shirts are far more important to me and these guys have helped fund that
    Spot on. Everything else is fluff.

Grown men getting disappointed over replica kits...Behave ;-)

• Options
    At least we have this forum to vent our collective spleens!
    Another air con pun.......I like it
  • Options
    Spot on. Everything else is fluff.

Grown men getting disappointed over replica kits...Behave ;-)

Agree totally
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the club are regretting having a Facebook page for the first time...
  • Options
    The shirt in the photo has tags on, id say its a final product ready to hang once the shot refit is done in 2 weeks
    I will wait and see in a few weeks how the final product looks.
    My only other comment is it is a shame they have not used the same logo as they have on there website, as that would look nicer (IMHO)
    I have to say they are the only company that put in a good bid for a very tricky server room for a bank I build about 15 years ago and they did a great job.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry what the logo looks like on the shirt. Few things that we should take note of.

Well established company who are one of the leaders in their field of work. Local company to the club which is good for the community, rather than having some company who we have no identity with. They are floating on the stock market in which would suggest they have money behind them. They have grown and developed as a company branching out into different sectors, they no doubt feel they have grown as much as they can within themselves and are now looking at external promotions. Andrew Sykes has been associated as well within advertising at the club for a few years.

Gets a thumbs up from me.
    well said, would look better with Andrew Sykes Group on the shirt, but at the end of the day does it really matter!!

• Options
    worst kit ever?
  • Options
    Looks terrible.

Like some non-league club with an ironed-on a transfer.

YUK !
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    bit boring but i can deal with that, hopefully the away kit it a bit nicer!
  • Options
    Lol, you lot make me chuckle, sounds like we have just lost Vauxhall or Sharp as our sponsor. Name me the last sponsor we have had that was close to being a household name.

I am more concerned about who will be pulling the shirts on next season not what is written on the front.

Could be worse fella's.....ask a Cardiff fan.
  • Options
    Don't like the sponser makes the shirt look cheap. Wonder if the club shop will sell just a plain red polo with the badge on it, would look alot better.
  • Options
    Unfortunately , this year the sponsor won't peal off ;)
  • Options
    Great stuff! I've done work with them so may be able to get invited to corporate entertaining at The Valley!