Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPad

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't know if it helps but in China everyone jailbreaks their apple products, they all seem to use Cydia
  • Options
    Jailbreaking your iOS device is the way forward.
    Can't recommend it enough.
  • Options
    What other things does it do @Danepak?
  • Options
    Free apps, can watch non I tunes videos much easier, fixes lots of problems, such as the crappy auto correct
  • Options
    There are some great apps on there that aren't available in the app store which you can get through Cydia.

SBSettings gives you quick access to all the settings you'll ever need to change.
    OpenSSH allows you to access the files / folders on the phone / ipad.
    RetinaPad will upscale any apps that are iPhone only that you may have on the iPad.
    MyWi allows you to set up a Wifi connection - So if you have a iPhone and a Wifi Only iPad, set the network up on the phone and connect to it with iPad. Internet access on the go.
    VLC Media Player.
    My favourite is TvOut or VideoOut (can't remember the name). Allows you to mirror the screen on a TV. I know the iPad natively does this but apps like SkyGo block it. This gets around it!
  • Options
    Did you use Cydia to break it?
  • Options
    I don't know, I have just got a new iPad, I was going to have it JB by a student when I get back to china, no idea how hard it is
  • Options
    The bloke in the Kebab shop jail broke my work iphone in about 2 minutes, I just wondered if it's the same way for the ipad.
  • Options
    No, I used Absinthe. Cydia is a program that is automatically installed as part of the Jailbreak process.

Thing to remember is if you do jailbreak your device, if you upgrade the software on your phone / iPad you'll lose the jailbreak.
  • Options
    Thanks Polo, saved my SHSH using TinyUmbrella.

Downloaded Absinthe but it's just been hanging for 20 minutes unfortunately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When jail breaking best to d it when the US is 'asleep' huge numbers of people are doing this every day so it's about timing it right to get in the cue as it were , I times it and over 4 days had about 6 goes til it worked...

• Options
    liking the look of the google nexus tablet made by asus I think

much better price than the ipad and a nice size , had some very good reviews

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_8gb&feature=nexus7_campaign
  • Options
    There will be a new iPhone and iPad out by October, iPad getting smaller and iPhone getting bigger.

They are not standing still, ipad for sub £200 it will sell bucket loads.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/7-inch+iPad/news.asp?c=42987
  • Options
    I have an iPad 2. I love it but am not knowledgable enough about such things to make a decision why I should jailbreak it. Can anyone give me some good reasons why I should and why I shouldn't please.
  • Options
    SHG I'm with you, was just thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    There will be a new iPhone and iPad out by October, iPad getting smaller and iPhone getting bigger.

They are not standing still, ipad for sub £200 it will sell bucket loads.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/7-inch+iPad/news.asp?c=42987
    Can't see them selling the ipad 7 inch for sub £200 , they've always got away with being a premium priced brand so why change now?
  • Options
    Maybe just over £200 maybe from £249.......
  • Options
    Surely a 7 inch ipad is not much different from an iphone.
  • Options
    Almost 3" my Mrs says that's a lot..........
  • Options
    missus wants one of these for her 30th next month, so many different types out there now (for her it must be an ipad! - no other touch screen thingy)

what's the best value at the moment, she'll only want it for a few films, facebook etc, to amuse the kids when away or on a long journey, so only wi-fi compatable (I sound like I know what I'm talking about but really I have no idea)

are there major differences between versions 2, 3 & 4?....2 is pretty cheap now, was looking to spend a max £400 but seem to be able to get one from a quick seach for under £300
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no real difference between 3 and 4. Better processor and screen on the latest compared to the iPad 2 but for what you want it for I'd say that one would be sufficient!
  • Options
    Apple are having a sale on Friday this week.
  • Options

missus wants one of these for her 30th next month, so many different types out there now (for her it must be an ipad! - no other touch screen thingy)

what's the best value at the moment, she'll only want it for a few films, facebook etc, to amuse the kids when away or on a long journey, so only wi-fi compatable (I sound like I know what I'm talking about but really I have no idea)

are there major differences between versions 2, 3 & 4?....2 is pretty cheap now, was looking to spend a max £400 but seem to be able to get one from a quick seach for under £300

Apple's ad agency will be delighted to hear that...
  • Options
    If you can afford not to my advice would be never buy older technology.
  • Options
    My advice would be to never pay Apple (or any other electronics company) huge amounts of money for the privilege of being their unpaid beta testers.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

My advice would be to never pay Apple (or any other electronics company) huge amounts of money for the privilege of being their unpaid beta testers.

Man after my own heart...

• Options
    I love all Apple products , got iphones , ipods & ipads for the kids . Might as well get the mini , they are so good .
  • Options
    PMSL!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I have the new iPad (that is now the old iPad) that has the retina screen. Last week I bought my wife the iPad Mini, it is a lovely bit of kit and is a little less 'blokey' if you know what I mean. However it has the same processor as the iPad 2 and will no doubt be significantly superseded long before Christmas 2013. They might even do it in the Spring or Summer.

With the new iPad (and I mean the new new iPad - i,e, the new one) the processor is much better and this will future proof it when they bring out new versions of iOS, which normally means that devices older than three years become obsolete (in that they can not be updated any longer).

The good thing about Apple (not so good for those that splashed out £550 back in March) is that they tend to upgrade the specifications yet keep the same price, so you can get the latest retina iPad for as little as £399. I think the iPad 2 is £329 and the iPad Mini is £269.

***** However, as mentioned on Friday Apple will have the only sale they have all year and last year the latest iPad at the time (the iPad2) had a 10% discount. If you are going to spend £399 I would think it's worth waiting until Friday *****
  • Options
    Recommended for rapid downloading and protection from virusesimage