Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

gay footballers

Comments

• Options
    Don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed there seems to be less openly gay people in all walks of life? The ones I know all came out in the 80s & early 90s. I can't think of many gay people who've come into public life in the past 10 years - John Barrowman, and that's about it..
    As most have said, no-one cares these days (thankfully), so maybe there's simply less need to come out?
  • Options
    Don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed there seems to be less openly gay people in all walks of life? The ones I know all came out in the 80s & early 90s. I can't think of many gay people who've come into public life in the past 10 years - John Barrowman, and that's about it..
    As most have said, no-one cares these days (thankfully), so maybe there's simply less need to come out?
    or maybe its just less of a shock factor and the press dont really care if some ones gay anymore
  • Options
    Hopefully it will show up what a bigot his brother John Fashanu was.
    If my memory serves me well, John not supporting his brother....and in fact being openly critical of him.... contributed a great deal to his suicide. He (John) was roundly criticised lby some sections of the media as a result of his open hostility and evident disowning of his brother.
    Being Gay was very frowned upon in those days in the Nigerian community.....and still is I believe.

It's not so much the community but the backward and bigoted nature of their version of the "Christian" religion. I work with one and he openly admits that he would disown his son if he was gay.
  • Options
    If my memory serves me well, John not supporting his brother....and in fact being openly critical of him.... contributed a great deal to his suicide. He (John) was roundly criticised lby some sections of the media as a result of his open hostility and evident disowning of his brother.
    Being Gay was very frowned upon in those days in the Nigerian community.....and still is I believe.

It's not so much the community but the backward and bigoted nature of their version of the "Christian" religion. I work with one and he openly admits that he would disown his son if he was gay.
    Ain't that the truth? Love a bit of "tolerance" these God botherers, don't they?
  • Options

Ain't that the truth? Love a bit of "tolerance" these God botherers, don't they?
    Amen to that
  • Options
    At least they still eat oysters.
  • Options
    our treatment of ambrose yesterday shows why footballers dont want to come out of the closet, i mean look at how much homophobic abuse he got and theres not even any proof he is gay
  • Options
    It's pathetic
  • Options
    wasn't there yesterday but can probably guess the ones that started all this crap

we went through this discussion last season about the amount of undesirables that go to our away games
  • Options
    Don't want to turn this into another in the litany of threads coating off our own fans, but I feel it's probably correct to point out that it isn't just a small group of away fans. It's just more noticeable because they make up a higher percentage of those travelling to away fixtures - but the same bunch of tosspots go to home fixtures as well. Cue posts from the usual suspects laughably suggesting that 'if you don't like it, do something about it'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i was there yesterday and the abuse i heard was about him being ex palace and a cnut, so it couldnt have been that many singing it.
  • Options
    I didn't know Awooga was gay!
  • Options

I didn't know Awooga was gay!

With a poster name like you have, I wondered how long it would be before you turned up on this thread!

• Options
    so a fair few people who went yesterday are saying no gay chants just anti palace jibes,but people are offended for someone else who prob has heard nothing homophobic....priceless and creepy
  • Options

Cue posts from the usual suspects laughably suggesting that 'if you don't like it, do something about it'.

I guess it was pretty laughable to "do something" about coming back to the valley, people still went out and did it.
  • Options

Don't want to turn this into another in the litany of threads coating off our own fans, but I feel it's probably correct to point out that it isn't just a small group of away fans. It's just more noticeable because they make up a higher percentage of those travelling to away fixtures - but the same bunch of tosspots go to home fixtures as well. Cue posts from the usual suspects laughably suggesting that 'if you don't like it, do something about it'.

Did you even go to the game?
  • Options

Cue posts from the usual suspects laughably suggesting that 'if you don't like it, do something about it'.

I guess it was pretty laughable to "do something" about coming back to the valley, people still went out and did it.
    That's totally different. I don't think anyone put themselves in a vulnerable position about coming back to The Valley.
  • Options
    Stig said:

That's totally different. I don't think anyone put themselves in a vulnerable position about coming back to The Valley.
    police and cctv everywhere, surrounded by fellow supporters who will probably feel the same way as you, what's vulnerable about that? All it takes is a little bit of guts to tell them to shut up
  • Options

Stig said:

police and cctv everywhere, surrounded by fellow supporters who will probably feel the same way as you, what's vulnerable about that? All it takes is a little bit of guts to tell them to shut up
    Well, I'm glad that you've got more guts than I have.
  • Options
    Rumour has it that Nottm forest GK is gay. Can't remember his name though, Lee something?............................................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ambrose isn't gay. A mate of mine who used to work in House of Fraiser served him and his girlfriend. He's probably laughing at the songs.
  • Options
    was elton john married
  • Options
    nolly said:

was elton john married

Yes, to Oscar Wilde I believe. ;-)
  • Options
    Ambrose is married with a kid.

Mind you Elton John was married and Paul O Grady has a kid
  • Options
    Paul O Grady is gay?
  • Options