Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

gay footballers

Comments

• Options
    What a weird post. For a start, I'm not sure there's ever been a time when 'all gays' acted like John Inman, and I'd imagine the main attraction of being gay for anyone like Gareth Thomas is the fact they'd be sleeping with people they fancy rather than ones they don't?
    All gays don't act like John Inman.
    During the 2nd world war Homosexuality was commonplace amongst Gurkhas yet the Germans and Japanese were terrified of thier fighting capabilities.

I'm not suprised, would you want your eyes scratched out?
  • Options
    Gay pride marches and `celebrating' ones sexuality make me cringe, so perhaps your ordinary quiet gay bloke doesn't want to be associated with that sort of thing.
  • Options
    The reason footballers don't admit to being gay, religious, suffering from mental health issues, or anything else about their personalities is because they don't have to.

Being Black is rather hard to hide and therefore the footballing world was forced to accept it. Whilst these (I hesistate to use the word issues but am struggeling to find another all-encompassing word) issues are still not readily accepted by the majority, footballers wont want to be the ones to force the nation to accept them. It's hard to find a good argument as to why they should.

However it might interest you to know that the PFA does have a LGBT group.
  • Options
    Whats a LGBT group?
  • Options
    Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender/Transexual
  • Options
    I think that few have come out, and no one on here has admitted to being gay, shows that there is an issue with coming out.
    I am quite surprised, but then I am an 'arty farty media type' apparently in denial.?
    People should not be forced to come out, or be pressurised to do so. If they want to deny there sexuality that is for them.
    I thought that society had moved on, it seems in some areas not to have?
    It would not be the first time, I take a different perspective/opinion on football, than the main stream.
    just to clarify my position Ken, if interested of course - i do not think you are gay or in denial.
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    lucky you clarified that DRF - i'm sure there were quite a few rapidly trying to come up with what that stands for.
  • Options
    I wonder if there are any transgender / transexual players ?
  • Options
    who's first to ask Derek Hales?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bexley Dan has been on this thread far too long.

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.
  • Options

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.
    I was thinking that - Then again I have visited this thread a lot! Hmmmm....I wonder???

• Options

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.
    I was thinking that - Then again I have visited this thread a lot! Hmmmm....I wonder???

no, i'm not interested Greenie
  • Options
    I'm just curious......
  • Options

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.
    I have but for you to notice falcon, you've clearly been dogging or piking me and that avatar is a bit of a concern isn't it?
  • Options

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.
    I've never heard it called a thread before
  • Options
    its what the T really stands for in that acronym above
  • Options
    robbie savage

• Options
    I think that few have come out, and no one on here has admitted to being gay, shows that there is an issue with coming out.
    I am quite surprised, but then I am an 'arty farty media type' apparently in denial.?
    People should not be forced to come out, or be pressurised to do so. If they want to deny there sexuality that is for them.
    I thought that society had moved on, it seems in some areas not to have?
    It would not be the first time, I take a different perspective/opinion on football, than the main stream.

just to clarify my position Ken, if interested of course - i do not think you are gay or in denial.
    Did not think you did Dan , I think the issue is not about that , but the sad fact that things have not moved on, and we accept people for what they are, wether we agree with there own views or tastes. Most gays that I have met, choose not to be 'gay'. Some have had horrendous discrimination in there career, especially in the early 70s. In my line of work , this changed greatly during the past 40 years, it seems not so in football.
  • Options
    too obvious - i'd say John Terry - the lengths he's gone to to cover it up (so to speak)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You only have to read the comments on this thread to understand why footballers have no interest in facing this public battle!

Ken says "I think that few have come out, and no one on here has admitted to being gay, shows that there is an issue with coming out."
    Why on earth would they? Do you think people should join up and then say by the way I'm gay? How many have declared their race, religion or even their gender. There is nothing to 'admit', and its not necessarily a secret just not something people feel they have to offer to a football internet forum.

Same could be said for football. There is an assumption that because footballers have not declared their sexuality in public means they are not 'out'. I am sure there are some who are 'out' to their families, friends and work collegues but don't feel the need to tell their fans / the opposition / The Sun.
  • Options
    shes pretty hot.
  • Options
    saw a programme advertised for bbc3 about why their hasent been any footballers coming out. not sure if it has already been on tv yet as its part of one of bbc 3's real life series's. you know the ones with all the latest indie music to make it appeal to younger viewers.
  • Options
    I've often thought John Terry might be. And as for Sharon Ambrose...
    Not that it matters though. And I have a lot of gay friends. A lot of the men are gorgeous
  • Options
    saw a programme advertised for bbc3 about why their hasent been any footballers coming out. not sure if it has already been on tv yet as its part of one of bbc 3's real life series's. you know the ones with all the latest indie music to make it appeal to younger viewers.
    The programme will be broadcast on Monday.

• Options
    Hopefully it will show up what a bigot his brother John Fashanu was.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hopefully it will show up what a bigot his brother John Fashanu was.
    If my memory serves me well, John not supporting his brother....and in fact being openly critical of him.... contributed a great deal to his suicide. He (John) was roundly criticised by some sections of the media as a result of his open hostility and evident disowning of his brother.
    Being Gay was very frowned upon in those days in the Nigerian community.....and still is I believe.

• Options
    An interesting article but given that she appears to have barely know Justin and knows nothing about football she's hardly on the inside is she. Cynical me but does she want a PR / TV job?
  • Options
    if there was a gay footballer in our team .......just imagine how nice and tidy the changing room would be, with nice curtains and matching apparal ......the name of john inman lives ....