Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Oak

Comments

• Options
    Lovely lady, Alan told me the other day, always had a friendly smile. RIP.
  • Options
    Had a good few nights in there.
    Anyone remeber geting the Norwegian guys to try and run fron the RO jump the fence over the road and climb the tree ? They did it in the end after much blood and booze and tied a flag on the branch of the tree.

Or

The cardinal will remeber hanging his huge Scotland flag on the fence and some knoblet tried to set light to it !! he went airborne before he could do it added by the (now very peaceful) Cardinal.

Or
    The Gooners trying to get out via the garden and taking off their shirts went it went a bit wrong one night after the game

Or

The boy friend of one of the bar maids o parking his Ferari(sic) out side.

I use to see Ray and the Irish barman who followed Leeds down at ASDA Charlton, but havnt seen em in years now.
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes and yes. And the afore mentioned Alan the Irish barman works at The ROD now, good as gold.
  • Options

Yes, yes, yes and yes. And the afore mentioned Alan the Irish barman works at The ROD now, good as gold.

Is he still betting on bargain hunt?
  • Options
    Oh yes and still charges you for a pint in Imperial currency - top man.
  • Options

The cardinal will remeber hanging his huge Scotland flag on the fence and some knoblet tried to set light to it !! he went airborne before he could do it added by the (now very peaceful)

GH - rest assured, if anyone attempted to set fire to my Charlton Saltire today they would get exactly the same treatment!
  • Options
    For anyone interested in paying their last respects, Sonia's funeral is at 12.30 on Thursday 20th June at Verdant Lane.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The Irish barman can now be found in the Rose of Denmark
  • Options
    nichorob said:

Say Big Rob sends his regards from France, he'll like that! ; )
  • Options

For anyone interested in paying their last respects, Sonia's funeral is at 12.30 on Thursday 20th June at Verdant Lane.

Thanks for the info CS. Unlikely to make it but would like to send a card. Ill message you tomorrow.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Thanks for the info CS. Unlikely to make it but would like to send a card. Ill message you tomorrow.

Likewise, could you let me know where to send etc.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

In my experience the place was a cliquey shambles.

If anyone was lucky enough to actually be served it was because they were known to the barstaff.

They obviously didn't want the football trade.

Weren't you able to park right outside?
  • Options
    nichorob said:

and never charges the same amount for the same round.
    Ever.
  • Options
    And if its the same bloke I'm thinking of, acted like a complete arsehole to me and my missus whilst watching the playoff semi final against Swindon. I must have gone about 2 minutes without a pint in my hand before he started ranting and raving.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

And if its the same bloke I'm thinking of, acted like a complete arsehole to me and my missus whilst watching the playoff semi final against Swindon. I must have gone about 2 minutes without a pint in my hand before he started ranting and raving.

cafctom - not the same one. That would have been Dermot, who has got his own pub in Richmond now. He was a class act.
  • Options
    As the Cardinal says Alan might take the pi55 but not give you grief in that manner. Plus he is a good barman, one who can handle multiple orders etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

If anyone was lucky enough to actually be served it was because they were known to the barstaff.

You've been dressing up in that drag traffic warden uniform again haven't you Offy?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10475981.Lewisham_traffic_warden_slaps_ticket_on_funeral_limo_in_front_of__outraged__family/?ref=mc
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    LenGlover said:

Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

You've been dressing up in that drag traffic warden uniform again haven't you Offy?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10475981.Lewisham_traffic_warden_slaps_ticket_on_funeral_limo_in_front_of__outraged__family/?ref=mc
    That traffic warden beggars belief. Some prove themselves to be total cretins - not an ounce of common sense between their ears.

I suppose if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

• Options
    Sonia Taylor - for anyone intending to send condolence cards, the address is 39 Ealdham Square, Eltham, SE9 6BL. I am also told that the funeral will be at 2.30 at Verdant Lane.
  • Options
    Thanks CS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers D, will hope to get there.
  • Options
    Hearing the White swan has been closed down since tuesday money troubles :-{
  • Options
    Really? Oh dear.
  • Options
    The guy who runs it, Jim, has declared bankruptcy as he needs to find 10k, his co manager the kiwi has left him in the lurch. Alledgedly
  • Options
    Oh the kiwi just did a runner? Thats a real shame as Jim is a nice guy.
  • Options
    That's bad news, with the Oak and the Cons also ready to close. After games at The Valley a pal and I often walk to the Pilot, on Greenwich peninsula: down Anchor & Hope Lane and along by the river. It's a really good pub: Fuller's tied, so the ale is always in top nick, various comfy seating areas, big garden, appetising food, good-looking crumpet often heading for a gig at the Dome....
  • Options

cafctom said:

cafctom - not the same one. That would have been Dermot, who has got his own pub in Richmond now. He was a class act.
    Great bloke, pity he's moved on. Is Kath still there?
  • Options
    Had a beer in the oak the other day. Found it the pub alright.
  • Options
    Curb_it leaves the area.....all the pubs/bars close down.

#justsaying ;o)
  • Options
    that is not good news about The Swan, been drinking in there pre-match for years.