Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2 - 0 Huddersfield - Post match views

Comments

• Options

Laggfing here. so one thing thats being going through my head.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Will post more tomorrow

• Options
    Is the Sky TV monkey off our backs now?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Thoroughly professional job, full credit to management team for the way they set their stall out and the players for working their socks off. The defence stood firm yet again with the fullbacks excellent alongside two extremely solid centre backs who refused to allow that thug Parkin's elbows to put them off. Hamer was solid and commanded his box when the ariel stuff started raining down, slipped before recovering well to push a Parkin goalbound effort onto the post second half. Thought playing Russell was a smart move with his heading ability and he offered a little more than Hughes did second half but thats not to say that he didn't roll his sleeves up and get stuck in like the rest of them. Ephraim took his goal well but appeared to be lacking in match fitness, more to come from him I'm sure. A very solid game from Hollands who as the key midfielder in the absence of Stephens and Jackson, seemed to relish the challenge. Great performance from Yann who lead the the line well, super header for the goal and unlucky not to get a second. Hope his injury is not serious. Bradders always a threat as usual but was a little lazy at times getting back into onside positions he is forgiven though for the part he played in the second goal. Green got better as the game went on, was a good outlet always looking for the ball and put a good shift in. A little disappointed with Huddersfield who were more physical than I had expected and stuck the boot in more than once. We stood up to them though, took our chances and thoroughly deserved the 3 points for a massive win. Onwards and Upwards COYR!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Firstly Huddersfield, they were best team we have played this year and I think we were watching the top 2. Yes Wednesday and MK Dons wil be up there, but play offs tops. When you look at our next six games, quite hard not to get carried away but experience tells you that easy games on paper don't always work that way on grass. Still I think we will be champions but hope Huddersfield get second- both of us would be competetive in the Championship.

Hopefi;;y the stretcher was more of a precaution for Yann - what a talent he has in the air - he doesn't just get to balls he controls where he puts them. Qulaity. BWP put in a shift tonight too. MOTM was difficult to pick between Solly, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins, Green or Kermogant - could have been any of these and nobody could complain!
  • Options

Was chatting to Drawnablank before the game and neither of us could work out why so many were bricking it before the game.  We are good, very good and we beat a good 'Udds Town side.

Really hard won game but we created the chances and scored the goals.   Back four were outstanding and Big Yann won it in the air all night.

Star spot of the night was Patrick Stewart.   Good to meet Delroofer and Eaststand but where were you Curbey

And 3k more than Palace could manage.

We were larging it in the directors box as part of the 5 year season ticket offer. Patrick Stewart was sitting just in front of us with the Hudds directors. Got a pic with Stuart Pearce in the dining area, Martin Tyler and Ugo Ehiogue just in front of us too. Curbs and Mervyn in the directors area afterwards. And what a great result. Solly was immense. We scored againt the run of play and then got better. The atmosphere was superb and was gutted I wasn't in my usual seat joining in on the songs ( had to behave myself what with the Hudds mob in front ). Probably pick Greeny as MOM as he was everywhere and had a hand in both goals and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Impressed with Russel and Ephraim. Great save from Hamer to deny Parkin and Taylor and Morrison both like rocks in the back four, Wiggins with some red hot pace and skills. Hughes and Hollands like terriers in the middle and Yann and Brad too hot to handle up front. What a team. What a night.
  • Options
    just been reading a udders thread, shocking how negative they are. how good are our back 4! no stopping us now!
  • Options
    Absolutely buzzing!  Chris Solly is my hero!
  • Options

Kermorgant is outstanding

Green is a class above

Solly never stops

And Morrison is the best defender we've had since rufus...

SHALALALALALALALAA, WE'RE GOING UP AS CHAMPIONS!

• Options
    im so happy right now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very strong performance and great effort from the whole team.

We've got two leaders in the centre back pairing, which can only be a good thing when the actual captain is out.

And thought Kermogant was the most effective forward on the pitch.
  • Options
    I seem to remember pre season some were worried that we hadn't signed any defenders. That thought popped into my head during the game.

Our defense is awesome!!!

Off to bed after one too many spitfires.
  • Options
    Well impressed. The dark clouds that have followed us around for the passed few years really do look like they're starting to shift.
    All we asked for was a bit of heart and passion. This side have it in abundance!
    Reckon we'd give anyone a game at the moment.
    Well done Powelly!
  • Options
    interesting to see some twat saying they don't rate BWP on twitter. yes he wasn't great tonight but its one bloody game.
  • Options
    Great result still a bit too go but a nice cushion! 

oooahh styley 60% Auto 40% Playoffs, taken into account we have not played half the season lets hope we can keep this up

PS. Would love to beat Sheff Wed too they really are a special bunch 
  • Options

Reading some of these posts either I was at a different game or some people haven't seen us much this season..........

I certainly didn't think it was our best performance this season & Huddersfield are certainly not the best team we've played either !!   We played well enough but thought we went too defensive towards the end and ending up with long balls up to BWP which mostly ended up in their keepers hands. Don't get me wrong, I'm not moaning about it, but just don't think it was a great game or it was the best we've played - some on here are wetting themselves but I think we played better recently against Carlise, Preston & Wycombe.

I must admit I did enjoy singing "you can stick your  43 games up your arse"  at the end & also went a bit mental with a few more verbals directed at the media at the final whistle.

I thought our centre halves were emense & Hughes had a great 45 mins. As for the big Yann...............

• Options
    Best night at The Valley for years. Great performance and I was tense until the 92nd minute. Very proud and relaxed tonight. More please!!
  • Options
    Fabulous night.  Our centre backs won everything in the air, whilst Solly and Wiggins are so cultured at brining the ball forward.  The midfield worked tirelessly; Hogan looks a really inspired bit of business - hope we get to keep him.  And Yann The Man was brilliant up front.  Good to see us show what we can do against one of the better sides in the division.  The one thing I'd have liked to see was a goal for Green, I really think he deserved it. I get the feeling that when he gets one, he'll get a hatful very quickly.
  • Options
    I've got the moves like Wiseman!

What a great day.
  • Options
    Fantastic result - the problems of the last few years are gradually being confined to history. I still am full of anxiety that the new found steel and winning mentality is somehow a temporary thing but I am learning to love the post match afterglow!

Three very key results - Sheff Utd away when we got a grip of the game and just didn't let go. The MK Donuts game when we were outplayed for a large chunk of the game yet found a way back, and this one where having got ourselves out in front, we just gave no quarter. 

We have got our Charlton back. Powelly's response on Sky was just brilliant - its a just another win and another three points. No histrionics, no hyperbole, just take it a game at a time - so much of him and this team reminds me of Curbs promotion teams. Focus - one aim.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets hope no one saw me absolutely stack it after 2nd goal by the G block steps. 
  • Options
    Brilliant result, Yanntastic atmosphere, good goals, and seven points clear.  Only 1 win off of last years total number of wins, with only 19 games gone - excellent.

Solly was outstanding.  The whole team played very well.  Hopefully Yann's injury is not bad - and just some very dramatic time wasting ;)
  • Options
    Thought we both played pretty poorly to be honest, although we looked more professional. Defence was a rock
  • Options
    edited November 2011

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=62634

Fair play o the Huddersfield fans on the above forum. Didn't think we were bruilliant tonight but did what we needed to do. Defence was very good and we ae top of the league Well done Mr Powell and the players staff and fans

• Options

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=62634

Fair play o the Huddersfield fans on the above forum. Didn't think we were bruilliant tonight but did what we needed to do. Defence was very good and we ae top of the league Well done Mr Powell and the players staff and fans

• Options
    Class. So happy.

We did what we needed to do. Really nice to be proud of your team in a pub. Well, i'm always proud, but tonight it was - ah ok; i can see why you're proud. Thought hudders were good. But we were better. Hamer scared me a bit, but on the whole was excellent. Wiggins class as usual. Taylor & Morrison cut above. Generally, we were outstanding.
  • Options
    Also, fuck sheff weds. And i quite like hudders. And Clark is a decent man.
  • Options

I dont think we ever looked like losing......I thought Yann was immense along with Morro, Solly and Green. 2 out of 2 for me just Carlisle to go....seems I too have got the monkey off my back eh Dan?

Best atmosphere at the Valley since god knows when, long may it continue. I actually thought Huddersfield were very predictable hoofing the ball to "The Beast" but we then seemed to copy them with aimless balls punted to Yann and BWP.....however, we are so  much better than any team we've seen since the Prem days. Very happy and still buzzing at 1.30am.

• Options

I officially hate sheff wed now after reading their owlstalk rubbish...

Are they having a laugh?

Have they been going to the Nou Camp by accident recently...

They talk as if they are some Barcelona Gods...

Would love to smash them 5-0 at their ground in that shizer part of the country.

• Options

Was chatting to Drawnablank before the game and neither of us could work out why so many were bricking it before the game.  We are good, very good and we beat a good 'Udds Town side.

Because we believed the hype about Huddersfield.
    Because we were on the TV and that hardly ever goes well.
    But most of all because we're Charlton, and we never do things the easy way.