Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 2 - 0 Huddersfield - Post match views

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Well, that went well! Post match views here.

Learnt a few things tonight: 

We can compete with anyone in this league, I love this team. And I learnt that Hamer is participating in Movember, or he auditioning for a 1930s detective role.

Comments

• Have to say I'm seriously proud of that performance. COYR
  • I'm speechless, so proud of the boys. Can't muster much more.
  • Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. The reds are going up.
  • Game was miles better than half the premiership games I've seen this season, both teams going hell for leather for 90 minutes, great attitude, no bitching or moaning or diving. As for Charlton, their attitude is top class, every player putting everything into it. Happy times indeed.
  • Great professional performance, a few nervy moments but nothing that we couldn't handle.

We are seven points clear of Huddersfield who are now in third place in L1 and we've ended their unbeaten run of games.

Assuming we need 90 points to win L1/get automatic promotion we are now over half-way there with I think 25 games left to get the next 45 points.

• great win in a very clean well fought game, Both us and the terriers are very very good sides and all being equal will meet next year in the championship. On a personal note, a lucrative evening .. sporting bet had 2-0 @ 10/1 !! ... not every day the bookies get it soooooooooooooo wrong
  • Actually eight points clear of third place, even better...
  • A professional job well done.
    As for Hamer's dodgy tache - I'll put up with it if he's doing it for Movember, good man! ;-)
  • That game wouldn't have looked out of place in the championship.
    Excellent all round team performance.
  • Great attendance as well
  • Sponsored links:

• just seen Lee Clark interviewed on sky .. he is an erudite and magnanimous man, made no excuses and blamed his team rather than the officials etc for the loss .. well played Lee
  • If Danny Hollands is one of the weakest performers in the team then you know you've played well. I'm off for a shower as I've sweated buckets. But actually before I do, how is this still all about Huddersfield? Are Curbs and rent-a-presenter just going to talk about how unlucky Town were and how we shouldn't have had either of our goals because the stars weren't allowed right, or are we maybe going to focus on a top performance?

Still, buzzing either way. Come on!
  • Great professional performance, a few nervy moments but nothing that we couldn't handle.

We are seven points clear of Huddersfield who are now in third place in L1 and we've ended their unbeaten run of games.

Assuming we need 90 points to win L1/get automatic promotion we are now over half-way there with I think 25 games left to get the next 45 points.

27 matches not 25 to go with more home games than away:-)  One aim and we will do it!
  • Best game of football I've seen in a long while! Delighted that we were involved and came out on top!
  • We are so much better than last season I take my comments back r.e our struggle for this season.

We are a real team.

Nice comments by Clark went to slate the refs decision, and doubled back to say "we should have been switched on"

Curbishley hates us nowadays by the sound of it.

One Aim.

www.thetopofthetops.spreadshirt.co.uk

For a t-shirt click above ;o)
  • I love this team and I love this coaching team. They kill off teams.
  • If Danny Hollands is one of the weakest performers in the team then you know you've played well. I'm off for a shower as I've sweated buckets. But actually before I do, how is this still all about Huddersfield? Are Curbs and rent-a-presenter just going to talk about how unlucky Town were and how we shouldn't have had either of our goals because the stars weren't allowed right, or are we maybe going to focus on a top performance?

Still, buzzing either way. Come on!

Sky always have their own commercial agenda and are bigging up Huddersfield for a reason. They have enough subscribers down south.

• Every man closed down every ball, gave them no time whatsoever for most of the match. Can't ask more than that.
  • Fantastic win,great performance from every player in red. Thought we looked very comfortable and Hamer only had one real save to make,for all their work rate,thought Udders final ball was fairly mundane. Great night,well done you Addicks!!!!!  :))))))
  • A job well done against a very decent side.

They all did their jobs well, but I have to give the back 5 a shoutout. Brilliant.

12 days to next league game. That just about gives me time to calm down...
  • Sponsored links:

• Great win. Think the commentator summed up how good we were when he said that Huddersfield would have beaten anyone else tonight. Was so impressed with Morro and Taylor. Solly's workrate is phenomenal. Green and Hamer both very good, as was Kermit. Thought Russell looked useful and was impressed with Hughes when he came on. Very professional performance to win and keep a clean sheet.
  • Delighted with performance and result.  Just hope Kermit is OK.
  • There are no weak links in this team - even the bench looks good, Hughes, Hayes and Waggy could all be starters.
  • Subject to Yann's injury couldnt have been better really. Well done boys!
  • Great, professional win.  I was concerned about playing Ephraim and Russell in a game like this, but Powell is beginning to look like a brilliant manager, now he has his own men on the pitch.  Maybe Curbs is jealous?

Fingers crossed Kermit is not going to miss any league games.
  • Fantastic to come away with the three points. That was a dogged, determined and together performance.

Was really impressed with Huddersfield which is why i am so happy. If we finish above them i am convinced we are promoted and almost certainly champions.

As a manager all you really can ask for individually as players is 'going out there and perform' and 'work for each other'. I think we did both of those brilliantly, if at times we were a bit to hot potato in possession.

Performances all over the park, but thought Big Yann was simply awesome. So hope that wasn't ankle ligaments at the end and just a bit of gallic feigning. Elsewhere, Hollands scrapped for everything in the centre, Green seems to be growing every game and the two centre halves dealt with a fantastic forward duo excellently.

Don't think there won't be any twists and turns in the remainder of the season because there most definately will be. Huddersfield are a cut above most in this league, and Sheff W seem to be getting a bit of steam. There is a huge way to go.

But that was a big win. 

• What a great night - two very good teams going all out....I really hope that Hudds go up with us (assuming all goes to plan) as they must be team that will grace the hallowed Valley turf - apart from our team of superheroes, that is.

This shows how far we have come from last season - we are light years away.  It also shows what a fantastic job everyone at the club has been doing to bring this all together, both those on the pitch, those in the dugout, those in the boardroom and those behind the scenes.

Super Charlton are back!
  • Great team effort.

If Yann is out it might be good to have Benson available if he hasn't gone to Swindon - lucky???