Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2 - 0 Huddersfield - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    just seen Lee Clark interviewed on sky .. he is an erudite and magnanimous man, made no excuses and blamed his team rather than the officials etc for the loss .. well played Lee
    Agreed.  Well done Lee.
  • Options
     Curbishley hates us nowadays by the sound of it.
    Get a grip man
  • Options
    Great team effort.

If Yann is out it might be good to have Benson available if he hasn't gone to Swindon - lucky???
    have a feeling even Smith might be above benson in the pecking order now...
  • Options
    Thoroughly professional pereformance. Reminded me of the 97/98 promotion season. Every player wants to win and work hard for each other. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    7 points clear
    7 wins on the bounce
    Goodbye Hudds record
    None conceded in nearly 5 hours
    Amazing
  • Options
    I can really start to believe now.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    One downside is that Chris Powell just clinched the November Manager of the Month award!

If this turns out to be the usual jinx, please let it be the FA Cup game..
  • Options
    Thought Jordan Rhodes was piss poor. No comparison to BWP. How many saves did Hamer make?
  • Options
    Evening from Czech Addick and I in Paddys in Prague. Are we happy, or what? Showed some Slavia fans what real club football is about
  • Options
    My first live match of the season watched from a hotel room in Tasmania. Both teams would look good in the Championship. I really like the look of Green, but the whole team performance was awesome. I'm returning to the UK in February: Charlton flying and Springsteen on tour later in the year are fantastic omens. Can't wait to get back to The Valley! COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Were goin to the win the league :P

• Options
    Thought Jordan Rhodes was piss poor. No comparison to BWP. How many saves did Hamer make?
    Tbf Rhodes was up against the two best c/h in the division tonight. Think he might even make our bench after January ;-)
  • Options
    Cant wait to see what those owls talk about on there forum now and see if they rate us yet.
  • Options
    Would hate to have had one of those blood pressure monitors attached to me during that.

Something about not being at the game but following it on telly or radio makes it ten times more nerve wracking, i spent the majority of the game pacing up and down. Great result, but wasn't really enjoyable until about the 92nd minute. 
  • Options
    Cant wait to see what those owls talk about on there forum now and see if they rate us yet.
    Probably not. They're probably saying something along the lines of "they'll have a blip soon, they will, really they will, promise".
  • Options
    said we've looked impressive but they still say "they'll drop points over the season and we'll catch them".

Couple of the members like the look of solly and kermogant and seem pretty happy he got injured!
  • Options
    Probably not. They're probably saying something along the lines of "they'll have a blip soon, they will, really they will, promise".
    Ha ha well maybe there got some different air up north :p
  • Options
    Very proud again.
    That's all i want from my team - dedication.

Solly was fantastic, Green and Kermit were unplayable.

Those big mouthed yorkies were giving it large in Floyd Road at 730.

Was a bit quieter at 945pm

Thank you Charlton, and a decent crowd too.
  • Options
    Fantastic team performance. Brave decision by CP to drop Hughes for Russel, but he did well. Powell seems to have a knack of finding players who fit seemlessly into their position and the shape of the team. We are just so well organised these days, must be a nightmare for opposing teams. Strange that we didn't have a single corner all game, they had 10. Worried about Kermy's injury, he was awesome. The injuries are now starting to mount!

• Options
    At last we have a team who will fight for every ball and give everything for the cause. I haven't seen that In a Charlton side since Parker or Robinson was in the side.
    Well done Chrissy Powell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

---
    If they've got any sense, they'll accept we're not catchable for now and be very happy.  We just did them a big favour by letting them stay 2nd and by putting pressure on the Udders.
  • Options
    BDL has tweeted that Kermo is fine according to CP.
  • Options
    BDL has tweeted that Kermo is fine according to CP.
    Hope that's true - did wonder if he just fancied a rest...
  • Options
    Delighted with performance and result.  Just hope Kermit is OK.
    He was walking around on the pitch afterwards with an ice pack on his ankle. He'll be fit for the next league match.
  • Options
    Kermit was just showing us the more cultured side of European football, no worries.
  • Options
    Couldn't make the match (my season ticket is now very dusty) and had to watch it on TV.

I generally switch off watching Charlton and other matches on the television but kept me very interested and was a good game of football, shame about the biased commentary.

Thought Wiggins was fabulous.

• Options
    Great win. The back four are immense. Thought Hudds although a very good side got it very wrong tactically tonight. Their midfield was dominating for decent periods and rather than try to play through us they kept knocking balls long which Taylor and Morrison easily coped with. This team is full of character and I am convinced there are not two teams better than us. COYR
  • Options
    Bad news, just heard we didn't stop Huddersfield's unbeaten run. Apparently Monday night games don't count.
  • Options
    Kermit was just showing us the more cultured side of European football, no worries.
    OA
    Please find another nickname for him.
    Kermo
    Big Yann

Anything but the one you use.
  • Options
    I'm of the opinion that neither Wednesday or Huddersfield will be our closest rivals come the new year. I Think MK Dons will finish second.