Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2 - 0 Huddersfield - Post match views

Comments

• Options

Please find another nickname for him.
    Kermo
    Big Yann

Anything but the one you use.

Is this because one of his mates post-Brentford said he didn't like the name?
    isnt that enough?
    what do you need?
    For you to relax & enjoy the win.
  • Options
    Great night to be a Charlton fan, I really enjoyed that. I said there was nothing to worry about!
  • Options

Please find another nickname for him.
    Kermo
    Big Yann

Anything but the one you use.

Is this because one of his mates post-Brentford said he didn't like the name?
    isnt that enough?
    what do you need?
    For you to relax & enjoy the win.
    thanks lover, just leaving the pub and feeling just fine and dandy
  • Options
    That's just great.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited November 2011
    This was a very professional performance. Scored 2 goals and then just shut up shop and didn't really give them a sniff. Very impressed. Kermy was immense.but the back 5 were probably joint MOMs. Very happy tonight. (still afternoon here but it seems like night seeing as I've been watching the game).  
  • Options
    Yanntastic!
  • Options
    Yanntastic!
    dare I say Yann dabbi dosi
  • Options
    Yanntastic!
    sort your user name out
  • Options
    I thought Huddersfield were everything bad about Football, little creative flair, hoof it, latter day Cambridge in some of the way they played.

We on the other hand defended like demons, played the football and won the game with some clever football.

• Options
    Bad news, just heard we didn't stop Huddersfield's unbeaten run. Apparently Monday night games don't count.
    That was my tweet on full time!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get in!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Yanntastic!
    Is it a bird?  Is it a plane? No, it's...

SuperYann
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm starting to dislike Wednesday, all their fans chat shiite. and they play a very good game of hoofball!

P.s. fantastic win!! Powell really has got that back 4 very solid, Solly looks very very good.. definitely Championship material!
  • Options
    funny Rothko I thought they were head and shoulders above anything else seen at the valley this season.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I thought Huddersfield were everything bad about Football, little creative flair, hoof it, latter day Cambridge in some of the way they played.

We on the other hand defended like demons, played the football and won the game with some clever football.

Delighted with our performance but that is unfair on Huddersfield
  • Options
    I thought they were one dimensional, no plan B other then hoof it long 
  • Options
    funny Rothko I thought they were head and shoulders above anything else seen at the valley this season.
    Agreed. Way better than Sheff Wed for example. And generally stuck to the rules too, just one card. I hope they finish second behind us.
  • Options
    Really great game. Never seen so much desire in two teams. Lots of tasty tackles but no moaning and nothing over the top. 

What a difference Morro and Taylor are compared to our centre backs for the past few seasons. You have every confidence in them to deal with any danger.
  • Options
    As good a night as I can remember, some very over confident Hudds o/s the Rose of Denmark before the game didnt hear them afterwards, we were superb, dropped a little deep in the last half hour but I cant complain after a night like that, a very proud Addick tonight and wonder if Chris Solly is now our most valuable asset come January, well done lads from the terraces to the touchline we were all brilliant....
  • Options
    edited November 2011

i thought we'd struggle with the 2 new fellas starting in midfield but barring the first 15-20 mins thought we were pretty controlled in our game without even firing on all cylinders

defensively sound and danny green is a flair player that keeps you on your toes and kermo is one of the best headerers (is that a word) ive seen at the valley

good to win without playing to our max as well

68% autos 32% play off grief

ONE AIM and we're getting there ..................arise SIR CHRISTOPHER POWELL

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree. Thought hudds were much better than sheff weds and will finish above them. Hudds done alright tonight. Credit to us for matching and bettering them
  • Options

Great game and great result. The Valley was buzzing tonight. Good to meet Henry - keep up the good work! Our team worked like Trojans. I think they have adopted the Barcalona ethic of hustle to win the ball back as quickly as possible.

Compliments to our supporters who were probably the 12th and 13th men tonight. It was good to hear the away supporters singing "I wanna go home" towards the end of the game as we told them where to stick their record!

Unfortunately my wife thoroughly loved her first visit to The Valley of Dreams - so she will certainly be coming again - but she will want the full hospitality/Director's Box treatment every time now!

• Options
    I also think udders were ok. I just think we slowly wore them down and they were beaten by the best team in the league at the moment. All credit to Chrissy and long may it continue.
  • Options
    The sheff w fans are so delusional its unreal. 
  • Options

Our team worked like Trojans. I think they have adopted the Barcalona ethic of hustle to win the ball back as quickly as possible.

One thing that makes us exceptional at this level is we react more quickly in response to any loose ball, so we easily win a lot of balls that ought to be 50-50 or worse.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    That club is so huge that their support do not have enough blood in their bodies to feed the brains in their over sized monkey heeds. Hence the inability to form any rational comment on a football game. We shall ignore them.
  • Options

From a udders forum

the best team lost tonight the first goal was never a freekick and their scond was a fould to us

PMSFL

the were the best team, we have played, but to be honest bar a cross come shot and 1 save from ben, if thats the best there is give us the trophy now and let

mk donalds

sheff wed

sheff u

and brentford

all; fight it out with the terriers for 2nd place

• Options
    There were a bunch of Udders in the pub I was in at LB before the game singing about how "we're un-defeat-able".

Let's face it, northerners have never been the brightest.

• Options
    The SW forum is v entertaining. They are an average hoof it outfit. The only other sides that have impressed are Uddersfield and MkDonalds.
  • Options
    Enjoyed tonights game. The covered end upper was rocking tonight and was pretty packed, so much that there was no room for me to stand at the back and had to sit in my seat like a good boy. Thought our rear-guard were immense. Let it never be mentioned about Solly's height again. That lad was a giant tonight along with Wiggins who shows great close control and speed and 2 CB's that shut out any threat through the middle. Hamers handling was great tonight. Everytime HT had a shot on goal, Rhodes came running in looking for any spills from the keeper but left empty-handed every time. The centre pairing of Hollands & Russel/Hughes went about their job efficiently whilst Green and Epriham caused their full-backs problems all night, so much, they'll be twisting in their sleep tonight. BWP looked lively and kept their defence on their toes, knowing that one moment of complacency and he'd punish them. Kermogant was top-notch tonight, fighting for every ball, holding it up and bringing his team-mates into play. I thought at the time his injury was just a way of chewing up a few extra minutes and hope to god I'm right.

Huddersfield put in a good performance and were a match for us but the players are showing signs of going from being a good team to a great one.

Just in case anyone missed it, I'm f***ing delighted with this win. :-D