Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry

Comments

• Options
    If the Obill are looking into this why are they not looking into what the Liverpool guy said to Evra   acording to Evra he said it 4 seperate times? or is there only one type of racism ?

• Options
    Did Suarez not get charged with it today?
  • Options
    It is quite ridiculous for the police to get involved. They should be out chasing drug dealers, muggers, burglars and pimps and not looking into what was or was not said in the heat of what is at the end of the day merely a game of football. 
  • Options
    'merely a game of football'???  That borders on heresy.  A certain former Liverpool manager is revolving in his grave.  IMO as a complain has been made to the police they are at least required
    to consider it.  I suspect that none of us know (disregard press speculation) what discussions are taking place between the police and CPS but I don't think this sort of thing should be ignored
    and I find Lincs comments come close to echoing what that buffoon Blatter said.
  • Options
    It is quite ridiculous for the police to get involved. They should be out chasing drug dealers, muggers, burglars and pimps and not looking into what was or was not said in the heat of what is at the end of the day merely a game of football. 
    look what else the police are getting involved in http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15797290.stm
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    You're presuming that the police look into every complaint made to them? ... I don't think so. Who made this complaint and how do the police decide whether there is any substance in the complaint and that the complainee is not merely being mischevious .. I suggest that the police have got involved because of media pressure. Like the politicians in this country, the police are more and more beholden to public opinion a k a what the Sun, Telegraph and Mirror want to happen. The police should now and again have the nerve to tell all and sundry to take a hike. There are 60 policemen looking into newspaper phone tapping while 110,000 illegal immigrants (at the last count) are swannning around the country looking for the best place to sign on. How many police hours do you suggest be devoted to What Terry said to Anton ? .. quite ridiculous.
  • Options
    You're presuming that the police look into every complaint made to them? ... I don't think so. Who made this complaint and how do the police decide whether there is any substance in the complaint and that the complainee is not merely being mischevious .. I suggest that the police have got involved because of media pressure. Like the politicians in this country, the police are more and more beholden to public opinion a k a what the Sun, Telegraph and Mirror want to happen. The police should now and again have the nerve to tell all and sundry to take a hike. There are 60 policemen looking into newspaper phone tapping while 110,000 illegal immigrants (at the last count) are swannning around the country looking for the best place to sign on. How many police hours do you suggest be devoted to What Terry said to Anton ? .. quite ridiculous.
    The Police have no option, they cannot chose which potential crime to investigate. 
  • Options
    Lincs you really ought to read what I said.  I said that they have to consider the complaint. I have little doubt they will discuss it with the CPS who will in fact make any decision on prosecution. The police often do decide not to investigate BUT they are not a law to themselves (although sometimes they may appear to be) and are public servants.  If they decide NOT to investigate a complaint they must be able to satisfy a court that their reasons were reasonable if the complainant seeks a judicial review. 
  • Options

The nation's laws are not magically suspended once you set foot on a football pitch.
  • Options
    If the Obill are looking into this why are they not looking into what the Liverpool guy said to Evra   acording to Evra he said it 4 seperate times? or is there only one type of racism ?

Ah the well thought out Daily Mailist conspiracy theorist strike again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so do tell why the OBill havnt got involved with the Evra isssue  ?  or to quote john Barnes today "white people may have issues with race but not express them"
  • Options
    so do tell why the OBill havnt got involved with the Evra isssue  ?  or to quote john Barnes today "white people may have issues with race but not express them"

Evidence...

There appears to some of it in the Terry case but as yet nothing in the Suarez case. Terry does appear to be mouthing something at Ferdinand while whatever Suarez said or didn't say to Evra is going to come down to hearsay.

Besides if there's one team I don't want any sympathy for it's Liverpool.

• Options

Evra's defence is that he claims it's a term that is common use in South America and therefore neither racist or offending but appears to be racist in the UK, I don't speak Spanish and I'm not to to speed with South American cultural terms so there may be something in what he says, then again he may be making it up as he goes along.
  • Options
    Presume you meant Suarez' defence.
  • Options
    Presume you meant Suarez' defence.

yep...
  • Options

Ask the Police and CPS.  They would be more likely to know. Or check with your Mailist theorists.
  • Options

Evra's defence is that he claims it's a term that is common use in South America and therefore neither racist or offending but appears to be racist in the UK, I don't speak Spanish and I'm not to to speed with South American cultural terms so there may be something in what he says, then again he may be making it up as he goes along.
    He wasn't playing in South America.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope this is the last we ever hear about the tosser.
  • Options
    He can bring forward his postseason charisma bypass operation.
  • Options
    He's kept his nose clean for a few years now.

Fabulous servant to Chelsea and wouldn't bank on him not playing again for the blues.
  • Options
    Oh no... IF he gets anywhere near Latrien the cunt magnet he'll be our player coach by Monday!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He's kept his nose clean for a few years now.

Fabulous servant to Chelsea and wouldn't bank on him not playing again for the blues.

Agreed.
  • Options

Talal said:

Just been sent off. Won't get to play his final game for the club at the Bridge. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

No doubt he'll have his full kit on to do a lap of honour at the end.
    FKW
  • Options
    Hopefully this is the last we hear of him for a while. A man who makes my skin crawl. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned up at the LA Galaxy.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Talal said:

Just been sent off. Won't get to play his final game for the club at the Bridge. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

No doubt he'll have his full kit on to do a lap of honour at the end.
    On his way to Leiceter to join in the lap of honour.....
    Funnily enough...

Heard from a few locally that he has bought property near Stamford, Lincolnshire.

Someone thought he might be taking the Peterborough manager's job, but could be that he is joining Leicester.
  • Options
    Reported on 5Live tonight that he is going to China for £500k per week. Really don't care if he's on £5 million a week just as long as he denied a Stamford Bridge farewell on Sunday.
  • Options
    I agree with all the Terry 'haters' on here. However, he is a Chelsea legend and was a good and loyal player for them, so deserves some sort of recognition from them and their fans.