Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry

Comments

• Options
    This is how John Terry will play out his 'retirement' years (i.e. anything past 36):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRNOjFl4bC0 (skip to 0:41)
    Being interviewed by Danny Baker?
  • Options
    edited October 2011

One bit that I've been struggling with in all of this ...

... is no-one else bothered that we seem to have created a world where we are apparently mortified by what someone else calls us?

Whether it's racist, sexist or any other -ist ... it's words.  Just words.  Who cares?  Ignore it, laugh it off as the rantings of a tosser (can I say that?) and man up.

I have no time for Terry and he will get what he deserves, I'm sure.  But many of you who have expressed such indignation at what he said might want to take a look at some of the the names you have called him.

I'm sure he'd be in tears if he knew.   

• Options
    Dave, did you write that article for the daily mail that ended with the idea that black footballers should just get on with it?
  • Options
    Dave, did you write that article for the daily mail that ended with the idea that black footballers should just get on with it?
    Like I said ... just words.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

One bit that I've been struggling with in all of this ...

... is no-one else bothered that we seem to have created a world where we are apparently mortified by what someone else calls us?

Whether it's racist, sexist or any other -ist ... it's words.  Just words.  Who cares?  Ignore it, laugh it off as the rantings of a tosser (can I say that?) and man up.

I have no time for Terry and he will get what he deserves, I'm sure.  But many of you who have expressed such indignation at what he said might want to take a look at some of the the names you have called him.

I'm sure he'd be in tears if he knew.   

Come on Dave
    We all understand that we are all the same.
    Milwall, Charlton Man Utd, Barca Deportivo Huancayo.
    We all want ot be happy, and we all want to eliminate suffering.
    You and I are both Milwall fans, we share the same emotions, we all want to end our suffering and increase our happiness, we are all created from the same stardust.
  • Options
    Like I said ... just words.

Words that are probably better trying to say in the cold light of day. Not just when you've got home from the pub......

• Options
    Time he was left out of the England squad for good. He can't be a good influence as captain, surely? Plus he's not as good as he used to be. There are plenty of good, younger, centre backs to replace him.

But does Capello have the balls to do it?
  • Options
    It looked like Malouda's fault for the 4th to me with that woeful pass.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It looked like Malouda's fault for the 4th to me with that woeful pass.
    Yeah i agree maloudas pass was awful and if i was a player and someone gave me a pass like that i'd be furious, i wouldn't just give him a cheeky slap on the cheek. however john terry dived blatently, as someone said he didn't want to make a pratvof himselve. But he did !
    JOHN TERRY = BOTTLER
    GOD = RVP

• Options
    Apparently Terry blamed black ice for his slip on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Terry is many things--------most of which are bad ---is he a racist? i guess we cant actually know that .Scum bag? i think we may all agree he is. However lets say he did call Ferdinand a B--C, does that make him a  racist ?  i dont see it does. If he wouldnt shag Ferdinand`s wife because she was black,green purple etc then yes that makes him a racsist.

What he said appears to be once --------------------the Liverpool guy said it at least for times to Evra, possibly premeditated and therefore (surely) much worse than what Terry did(or didnt) ?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Apologies for my rubbish punctuation Leroy.I was nearly wetting myself laughing at the sight of him wallowing like a beached whale on the turf.It all came out in a oner! 
  • Options
    When our or others' dislike for a player starts to cloud our views on his guilt in relation to a particular incident, we then become a mob and I am not willing to be part of that rubbish. Terry deserves critiscim for proven indescretions, not unproven ones.  
  • Options
    As far as I can see the only redeeming feature Terry has is that he sings the National Anthem.
  • Options
    by all accounts he denies racism re anton ferdinand but hasnt dismissed the idea of bonking his missus !

On a serious note my opinion of Terry is that he is SO IGNORANT that he cannot see any of the wrong he has done this time or any time before ,he actually FAILS TO SEE wrong in it .He is captain of England and a premier league club and should be setting examples ,i cant accept that its "just names" ...it might be just names in a handbags on hackney marshes incident but the game has a duty in his country and the world over .I am white ,but would i like to be singled out as a white c..t just for my skin colour ?...certainly not !

i expect more of this happens in the game than we think and of course there is banter but we are taliking about the captain of England ...MOVE HIM ON ,MOVE HIM OUT    
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Chelsea fans chanted 'Anton Ferdinand you know what you are' at Genk game last night. Disgusting behaviour.
  • Options
    Chelsea fans chanted 'Rio Ferdinand you know what you are' at Genk game last night. Disgusting behaviour.
    Not Anton then?
  • Options
    Chelsea fans chanted 'Rio Ferdinand you know what you are' at Genk game last night. Disgusting behaviour.
    Not Anton then?
    edited. Thanks for picking that up.
  • Options
    Chelsea FC, classy as ever. 
    Tw@ts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    @ then that is a racist act, no question. If he is racist, which i doubt, i just can't believe he would have said that and if he has, then he deserves all he gets. If he hasn't said it and he was just defending himself from Ferdinand's accusation, then Ferdinand comes out of this very badly to let it drag on like this. Both of them irritate me and that has absolutely nothing to do with colour and one of them is going to come out of this very badly.   
  • Options
    you only have to read Paul Cannonville's book "black and blue" to get an idea on how Chelsea fans treat even their own black players in the past.

Having said that Everton fans sing racist songs most weeks and I don't mean easy to pick up two liners I'm talking more your Ivor Novello contender stuff and nothing much gets said about them
  • Options
    If you call somebody a black cunt then that is a racist act, no question. If he is racist, which i doubt, i just can't believe he would have said that and if he has, then he deserves all he gets. If he hasn't said it and he was just defending himself from Ferdinand's accusation, then Ferdinand comes out of this very badly to let it drag on like this. Both of them irritate me and that has absolutely nothing to do with colour and one of them is going to come out of this very badly.   
    Why do you doubt he's a racist? And regardless of the decision I can't see A.Ferdinand coming out badly
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If you call somebody a black [ahem] then that is a racist act, no question. If he is racist, which i doubt, i just can't believe he would have said that and if he has, then he deserves all he gets. If he hasn't said it and he was just defending himself from Ferdinand's accusation, then Ferdinand comes out of this very badly to let it drag on like this. Both of them irritate me and that has absolutely nothing to do with colour and one of them is going to come out of this very badly.   
    Ferdinand never said anything, at least publically. Even his statement was along the lines of 'No Comment.' He's not pulling an Evra here.
  • Options
    Is there really any need to keep quoting that awful post from the Bexley fella? At least edit it! I thought we'd agreed to no unnecessary swearing on here. C*!" would suffice.
  • Options
    My god, we've got some c***s on here.
  • Options
    Well said Chirpy
  • Options
    Looks like the police want to charge Terry....http://twitpic.com/7fizvs
  • Options
    1st time I've seen the video tonight of what it looks like he said. Haven't read any other posts but looks like he says blind.

I hate the bloke with a passion but i don't think he says the word his accused of saying
  • Options
    Can't stand the man