Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Taylor (Exeter CB) - Confirmed Signing, 2 Year Deal

Comments

• It must be one long medical

• edited July 2011
    So if Taylor signs us this also classed as a coup or a bit of a damp squib ?
    In my opinion, provided he has come through an intensive medical it's a shrewd move as far as the squad is concerned. However, I would like to think that he is not signing as the new ever-present dominant centre-half we have been clamouring for and that this is not a sign that legge/osbourne/magnus/pearce/other have not been attainable. Jury out and only time will tell but have to say I trust Powell, the board and the recruitment team after their efforts in recent weeks.
  • Where is d_bent 25 ? I thought he would be all over the place last two days ?
  • People like Acworth should not be let loose on Twitter !!
  • Where is d_bent 25 ? I thought he would be all over the place last two days ?
    Surely Admin have given him the Spanish Archer.
  • People like Acworth should not be let loose on Twitter !!
    Or soceity
  • BANNED!

• There's an interesting article here from the local Devon rag at the end of last season, when it was announced that he wasn't going to renew his Exeter contract. Seems Tisdale rates him quite highly, looks like a good one to get in on a free. Also looks like he may have graduated from the Iain Dowie School of Geography, presuming he does end up with us:

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/Skipper-Taylor-quit-Grecians-summer/story-11683999-detail/story.html

• Feels like covering the bases rather thanthe first choice centre half but will give Chrissy options.
  • From what I've read I don't see what Taylor offers that Doherty doesn't. Seems he's similar to Doherty in that he lacks pace but is good in the air, strong and has captained teams.

I'd guess he'd be coming in as a squad player, and someone did say he had heard Doherty was being released.
  • Sponsored links:

• From what I've read I don't see what Taylor offers that Doherty doesn't. Seems he's similar to Doherty in that he lacks pace but is good in the air, strong and has captained teams.

I'd guess he'd be coming in as a squad player, and someone did say he had heard Doherty was being released.

Yeah who was that that kept going on .. and on .. and on about Doc being released
  • Well the Doc is in the Day 1 of pre-season training picture gallery
  • Can't see Doc being released - sold yes, but doubt anybody is going to buy him. I feel he has a part to play and alongside a pacier CB I think he could be very effective next season. Taylor may be a replacement for Llera.
  • signed. twitter announced another transfer..
  • CAFCOfficial to announce some more transfer news
  • who wants more transfer news....?
  • done. he's ours.
  • now it wouldn't be Matt Taylor??

• 2 Year Deal
  • Sponsored links:

• Does Chrissy Powell ever go to sleep?

What a man!

• Now on CAFCofficial
  • And kidney problems,hip problems & gout.
    no, just the arthritis so far but nice to know I have something to look forward to : - )
    beter check out your prostate!!
    were you offering to check it for me?
    You know i hate to make you smile!!
  • If as Taylor says this has been in the pipeline for a few weeks then I think it clarifies this was not a knee-jerk target shift in light of potential rejections/difficulties with Magnus and Osbourne. We have acquired another frontline and/or long-term target it seems.
  • Signed for us per Exeter City official website.
  • At this rate SCP will be worn out before the season starts!!!

The final pieces are starting to arrive to what is looking like a very pretty jigsaw.
  • Well done CP and the Charlton board another good signing keep them coming ha ha.
  • Don't need many more now. A centre back and target man minimum, replacements if any of Francis, Dailly or Doherty go, maybe a pacey striker (though Wagstaff gives us an option there). Plus Pope and Bover to be confirmed.
  • First signing I have a bad feeling about, seems like he has an ongoing back problem, Exeter fans not bothered that he's leaving, doesn't seem to fit in with the long term plan, ie can he step up to the Championship? Hmm just not sure.