Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Taylor (Exeter CB) - Confirmed Signing, 2 Year Deal

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_7012966,00.html

Defender exeter.

another day where we look to sign ' one of the best defenders in this league '

Comments

• This is all getting too much, am I dreaming?
  • We must have brought in the most players in the country so far 
    9 ... or 10 including Pope
  • I reckon it'll be Taylor/Daily possibley Semedo today!
  • Never heard of him but a good age for a CB.

This is a bit mental - will ask the Exeter guy I know about him.

• 29!   That's a bit old for us isn't it.

Hope it's a thorough medical as I think he was one of the players mentioned by Powell after the BA meeting who he rated but said had a dodgy injury.  Might be wrong
  • This guy any good?
  • edited July 2011

Edit:

Played 29 games last season, 49 09/10 and 31 08/09..

• WSSWSS
    edited July 2011

From my Exeter supporting mate: 

Last season he had some back problems, but the year before he was immense mate. Player of the year a couple times, puts his body on the line and is a winner.  Would be a great signing if you can get him fit.

• Would be another good signing, solid centre back much better than anything we have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was he on your list though CEJ?

What CBs did you have on the list?

• Looking at his profile on the Exeter website he was only playing for Team Bath a few years ago. So even at 29 might suggest he's another "hungry" player, he's worked his way up the leagues, captained them and has won player of the year a couple of times.

Only 5 ft 11 their site says, would expect him to either fight for his place alongside Beast.
  • Exeter fans seem to think he would only be 3rd or 4th choice at best there
  • http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47518&page=6

Since it's the fashion now to look at other message boards.

They seem to think he's poor, we're poor, he'd be their 4th choice CB if he stayed and he's got a dodgy back as me and WSS said.

Seems he's out of contract so at least no fee.
  • Was he on your list though CEJ?

What CBs did you have on the list?

Fair enough he was not on my list but I could have added a few more to the list I just thought 3 pages for him to look at was taking the pee so stopped :).
  • i think it's hard to believe fans when a player is outgoing i mean when semedo was first announced to be leaving he got slated on here when majority of people really liked him and the job he did for us.

in powell i trust!
  • There are better centre backs in this league I would rather have but were clearly finding it hard to get them in.
  • I reckon it'll be Taylor/Daily possibley Semedo today!

Jose wasn't at pre-season 
  • We need at least two new CBs probably three, Taylor would be a good guy to have on the bench, but we can do better. Or is the market for aviailable CBs so thin that it's hobson's choice?
  • They also seem to think we will be flirting with relegation this year - at least one plank does anyway. Doesn't look like they keep up to date with goings on in the division, but to be fair, I'm surprised they've got internet access down there.
  • Sponsored links:

• link to their forum off it?
  • link to their forum off it?
    See Henry's post above.
  • Someone on Football Rumours yesterday put that we would be signing a player from Bouremouth, Exeter & Colchester!

Might actually be true!

• the slagging off is intense. probably just don't want to lose him.
  • So he is either 4th choice or immense!!
  • The best bit is when one of their fans says they're a bigger club than us. I don't normally get into the big/small club debate, but that is frankly laughable.
  • I nearly spat tea over my keyboard when i read that Exeter where a bigger club than us!

• oh dear.
  • The best bit is when one of their fans says they're a bigger club than us. I don't normally get into the big/small club debate, but that is frankly laughable.

That's the problem with the West Country, too much cider really isn't good for you.
  • An ex Everton youngster according to the Sky article, puts his body on the line according to WSS' mate -

If Danny Green is the new John Robinson, could Matt Taylor be the new Eddie Youds?