Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Options
    My dog JJ always tries to walk in a pub as we walk past one. I'm not sure that says more about us than him though!
  • Options
    Well this one's name is Rufus, so I don't expect too much financial responsibility on his part
  • Options
    Next time you're having a "down" day, @T_C_E , just flick through your pictures and look at all those smiles your dogs AND YOU have put on so many faces! 
    Because without you, they would probably not have received the training they need to do the work they do, and although they may have their own email addresses (for the kids), there is no way they could book their own appointments!
  • Options
    @T_C_E please can you post the picture of the moment just before @Redmidland was eaten again - it cracks me

And you are quite right - you do wonderful work, and sod those who don’t appreciate it
  • Options
    Beautiful , Ray.

Reading your stories about all those lucky people that have benefitted from your help always brings a tear to my eye. 

I can't believe there are too many others providing such a service in the UK. 

A one off, for sure.
  • Options
    There are, I believe Therapy dogs owned by individuals offering a paid for service and obviously two or three charities offering a free service, one of which my dogs belong too. Sadly over and above the school visits they don’t want me or anyone else meeting individuals as it’s outside their insurance cover,  so most of my visits never get spoken about on my FB page as one or two people like to report back and I keep getting letters about what I can and can’t do 😂
    Obviously those extra curricular visits are privately funded and I try to group them together so they insurance paid for by the week covers them all. As with most things it’s a huge ar5e covering enterprise but I won’t cut corners to give the powers that be any ammunition, it’s not worth the grief. Fortunately, Granddaughter Millie’s expertise with the dogs helps us breakdown barriers with parents and will accompany us on visits when needed.

• Options
    @T_C_E please can you post the picture of the moment just before @Redmidland was eaten again - it cracks me

And you are quite right - you do wonderful work, and sod those who don’t appreciate it
    Haven’t forgot, can’t find it. 😉
    My view this morning, they are all on a days R & R, but they know I’m going to vacuum. Just as they’ve settled. 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Found it !!!!

Shortly after this photo @Redmidland became a delicious evening meal for a group of hungry GSD’s

@T_C_E what did you do with the bones ??
    They leave nothing, you could swab my gaff for his DNA and you’d find nothing. 😉🤷‍♂️ 
    It was amusing that evening, obviously @Redmidland is quite confident around big dogs so didn’t put JJ away who can be a little loud if you show nerves. 
    All the the dogs run up to say hi, JJ’s brakes failed and he nutted Red straight in the bollx after checking he hadn’t hurt my dog me and the good lady had a little chuckle while Red did a stock check 😂
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Found it !!!!

Shortly after this photo @Redmidland became a delicious evening meal for a group of hungry GSD’s

@T_C_E what did you do with the bones ??
    They leave nothing, you could swab my gaff for his DNA and you’d find nothing. 😉🤷‍♂️ 
    It was amusing that evening, obviously @Redmidland is quite confident around big dogs so didn’t put JJ away who can be a little loud if you show nerves. 
    All the the dogs run up to say hi, JJ’s brakes failed and he nutted Red straight in the bollx after checking he hadn’t hurt my dog me and the good lady had a little chuckle while Red did a stock check 😂
    It’s absolutely the case that dogs know if you are ‘dog person’ or not - very intelligent beasts 
  • Options

Skip's been with us for six months now from rescue and he's turning into a very confident and clever dog.

Just look at him ! SO lovely ! 

May I ask which Rescue you applied to, please as I try to support as many as I can, albeit more needy cases in Romania, Azerbaijan  & Bosnia. SUCH atrocities & cruelty there, especially with regards to puppies & pregnant bitches. 
  • Options
    Thanks, Jean. He's fabulous and fortunately was only in the home for less than a week so it didn't leave any mark on him.  He came from Last Chance rescue at Edenbridge.
  • Options
    Taken in between lockdowns last year, young Bowyer was nigh kidnapped by these lovely ladies who watched him interacting with the children while they took turns to deal with parents who seem to think parking restrictions outside a school don’t apply to them. 

• Options
    Thanks, Jean. He's fabulous and fortunately was only in the home for less than a week so it didn't leave any mark on him.  He came from Last Chance rescue at Edenbridge.
    Ah, thanks, Joe.

Bless heart & bless you for rescuing him. x 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Checking our little rescue girl this morning, Xena has a mass growth on her gum line. Hoping it’s nothing serious but almost 11 years old she won’t be operated on should it be necessary. 😢

• Options
    So sorry to hear this. Keeping everything crossed for you.
  • Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed it is something simple like an abcess due to a damaged tooth.

Whatever the outcome, I'm sure she has had a good doggy life since joining your family and pack, and that you will make the right choices for her.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Keeping it all crossed Ray ❤️
  • Options
    @T_C_E a worrying time, my boys Buster and Bodie, and myself and my family, sending massive positive thoughts to Xena
  • Options
    She's a beautiful girl. All the best.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Thanks folks, I’m hoping she’s just got caught by one of Bowyer’s teeth when playing and it’s got infected. (She does have a habit of putting her head in his mouth) 🤷‍♂️
    It’s not painful to touch, but I’m already thinking the vet will suggest biopsy/operation rather than something to let her see out her days with dignity, her sister who she was rescued with died at 5 years old so to get to her age is fantastic, we are so lucky even though she’s not been the easiest of dogs. Lol 

• Options
    Spent this afternoon at the Discover Dogs show at the Excel. Must have been over 100 different breeds, but my favourite were the Golden Retrievers