Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Options

Our beautiful boy Bailey passed away peacefully at 4.15 this afternoon.
     Tramella Charles to give him his full name was actually named Charles after LC Curbishley and he led us on a journey that almost 13 years ago I never saw coming. a Therapy dog for almost all of his life and has more friends than I could dream of.
    He leaves a legacy in our home of two Therapy dogs in Valli and Bowyer who have some huge paw prints to fill, we’ll do our best to steer them right big man.
    Run to the Bridge
     #TheLittleBlackdog
    💔💔💔💔

• Options
    My sincere condolences. R.I.P. Bailey.
  • Options
    That's such sad new, Ray.

So many wonderful memories to cherish & always a special place in your heart.

Sleep tight, beautiful boy x 
  • Options
    Sad to read this, @T_C_E
    Condolences to you and your wife.  I'm sure you will both miss him dreadfully.

As a therapy dog, he probably had a wider experience of people and places than many pets, and gave you a way into activities you would not otherwise have experienced.  A win-win situation.

I'm sure Valli, Bowyer and JJ will do their best to keep you active.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear the sad news @T_C_E.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this @T_C_E.  I’ve followed Bailey’s journey on here over the years. What a brilliant dog.  Condolences. 
  • Options
    Be at peace Bailey……woof woof fella……woof woof.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this news. A beautiful dog who brought much joy to many, many people. A life well-lived, thanks to you.
    RIP Bailey
  • Options
    RIP Bailey - paws like a Lion

Proud to have met him, and he was so friendly 

Thoughts with you and your family @T_C_E
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah no. So gutted for you and all your human and canine family @T_C_E. Your work with Bailey has been inspirational. God bless you all.
  • Options
    Gutted for you mate,better to have loved and lost,than to have never loved.
    We decide to bring these friends into our lives, it's so difficult when they go. Heart goes out to you. 
  • Options
    RIP dear Bailey <3
  • Options
    Chip and Pepper, almost a year on from the last time I posted them. 

Chip, the big brindle doofus, is the younger one, being about 16 months old right now, he's incredibly soppy, loves dogs and people alike, but a bit too randy for his own good! He comes from a long line of working dogs that have then been shown in competitions, so his hunting instinct and prey drive is very high, and he has an incredible nose on him. However he's also very handsome and has won a couple of regional and online dog shows to date.

Pepper is the elder dog and therefore head honcho, despite being dwarfed by Chip, she holds her own in a scrap with him and tells him who's boss. Unfortunately she has severe separation anxiety so we can't leave her alone for long, and she's very intelligent and alert, which means she's the best guard dog we've never needed! This also means she barks at people and bigger dogs if they get too close but we're learning to read her cues and deal with it. 

We wouldn't swap them or anything about them for the world, to be honest
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this news even though you’d said it was coming. Thoughts are with you. RIP Bailey. 
  • Options
    ❤️❤️RIP BIG BOY
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    T_C_E said:
    Thanks everyone, the house seems empty without him despite the fact he’s done little or nothing but throw so f***s at Bowyer for taking liberties for the past year, we’d had a couple of scares with him over the last few months but we could see him slowing down. 
    Everyone that met Bailey has something nice to say about him, that’s some legacy for a big scary dog, something Bailey never was, the worse you ever got was leaned on. 
    Always a character at home, we caught him bringing a football into the house and dropping it near Bow, knowing full well Bow would get the blame. 
    Even today as I lay next to him as he slipped away, he took a piss soaking me in the process as always a laugh at my expense.
    We are working tomorrow with a young lad who has overcome his dog fears and is coming back for another visit, I’ll plaster on a smile and get through it. I owe him that much to carry on his work. 
    You will know better than most that dogs are far more intelligent than a lot of people think. The football story made me and I'm sure others on here smile. He will live on in you and all the people he has helped and loved. And you were with him at the end which is as it should ne. He would have known his best mate, owner is not the right word, was there with him.
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear this sad news, Ray.
    You have something very special going on with your GSDs and they have brought joy and healing to many, many people.
    I hope when, in future, you look back on Bailey's life, you will think of the many good things that happened and this will help you to overcome in some way, the sadness of losing a dear companion. 
    I have posted this before, but yours is one of the few threads on CL that can guarantee a smile time after time and your updates are one of the first threads I look for.
    Thinking of you and Mrs T_C_E at this sad time.
    And rest in peace dear Bailey. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Our beautiful boy Bailey passed away peacefully at 4.15 this afternoon.
     Tramella Charles to give him his full name was actually named Charles after LC Curbishley and he led us on a journey that almost 13 years ago I never saw coming. a Therapy dog for almost all of his life and has more friends than I could dream of.
    He leaves a legacy in our home of two Therapy dogs in Valli and Bowyer who have some huge paw prints to fill, we’ll do our best to steer them right big man.
    Run to the Bridge
     #TheLittleBlackdog
    💔💔💔💔

RIP Bailey. 

Losing a member of the "pack" is very hard mate, so I hope things improve for you and the fam with time. Thanks for posting such a lovely picture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, so sorry to read this. RIP Bailey. 
  • Options
    Read this last night & I tried to post but just couldn’t.
    Bailey was a special boy & touched so many.
    He’s left an amazing legacy, as well as a broken hearted family.

My love to you & your wonderful wife Ray.
    Please give your beautiful granddaughter a hug from me too, she’ll be devastated 💔♥️
  • Options
    Run free big boy.R.I.P Bailey
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this @T_C_E.  I’ve followed Bailey’s journey on here over the years. What a brilliant dog.  Condolences. 
    What he said.
  • Options
    We've had Jessie for just over a year now - rescued from the streets of Bucharest.  She's 2 and a bit, whippet collie we think,  Runs and sleeps like a whippet, stalks like a collie.  4 years since we lost Shep.

Similar to our girl Pebbles, also 2 and a bit and rescued from Romania. I don't think she has any whippet though, she's too big (roughly lab size). She als does the flat on back, legs akimbo thing. 

• Options
    For all his talent and beauty Bailey couldn't have enriched all those lives without you Ray and the Mrs.
    All the best to you 2
  • Options
    Did Sharky's ears twitch at 1:01?  Was that a bum note?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGdtqLjh1E